Below Average Stack

• Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Hi guys.

Been mixing up my game at the moment in regards to what game type I play.
      While playing MTT's I noticed that I was looking at the lobby screen a lot to see where my stack size was in relation to the average and it sometimes affected my game. The obvious answer to this was to just hide the lobby screen and not look at it. However, it made me wonder; how far below the average stack can you be and still be relatively comfortable and be able to play decent, but not premium hands?

I'm referring to after buy ins end here and blinds are around 150/300ish. I'm also aware that it will differ from player to player but just after a rough idea.

Cheers.
  • 4 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      The average stack size shouldn't bother you at all. It's irrelevant for the most part.
      The important factor is your own stack in comparison to the blinds. You will only have to adapt according to your current stacksize.

The average stacksize is only important under rare circumstances imo.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Calzo94
      Calzo94
      Basic
      Thanks Asaban.

Took your advice into consideration and while playing 45 and 90 man SnGs I have won one and final tabled 5 or 6 times today and have made a nice profit (even though it's only $0.5 buy ins!)
      It helped me a lot by not paying attention to average stack size and trying to play my normal game whether short stacked or deep stacked.

Cheers
    • WinStrat
      WinStrat
      Bronze
      The objective is to win the tournament, but you have to do it one step at a time. Try to keep up with the raising blinds and find opportunities to double up.

I too was trying to get back in the pack all at once. But I ended up stacked almost every time. Patience and controlled agression is better then taking crazy risks.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by Calzo94
      Thanks Asaban.

Took your advice into consideration and while playing 45 and 90 man SnGs I have won one and final tabled 5 or 6 times today and have made a nice profit (even though it's only $0.5 buy ins!)
      It helped me a lot by not paying attention to average stack size and trying to play my normal game whether short stacked or deep stacked.

Cheers
      Good to know that I was able to help!
      If you have any further questions in the future feel free to ask. I would be happy to see further posts from you.

Regards,
      Asaban