This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 really bad squeeze.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $101.68
      BB:
      $59.00
      UTG+1:
      $33.92
      UTG+2:
      $113.53
      MP1:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $26.15
      MP3:
      $61.46
      Hero:
      $17.00
      BU:
      $19.60

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , K:club:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $26.15 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero raises to $17.00 (All-In).

Flop: ($46.65) 8:diamond: , J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      Turn: ($46.65) 6:diamond:
      River: ($46.65) 6:club:

Final Pot: $46.65

Imo, this was a bad play because.

MP3 has vpip of 10, but a pfr of only 3. This means that there are many hands he will call us with that he shouldn't let go of when facing a shortstack like me.

I like MP2's stats to squeeze or isolation raise against, but MP3's stats i think just mean that I'll be investing too much money in the long run.

Should have been easy to let go of but for some reason playing just 4 tables makes me do stupid plays like this and i end up pushing PF with an equity of just 44.24% against this guy. Not good.

To expand the discussion; What Handrange would you want to have to make a squeeze here, and what would you raise to if your stack was for example $23 and the squeeze didn't commit you to a push.

p.s. anyone know where i can find xyleres openpush chart? I know i've seen it someone but can't for the life of me remember where.
  • 3 replies
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Do you mean this: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1097/ inside that article you find chart of which hands that are profitable to push first-in when playing SSS. I personally dont like pushing hands first in because it gives so much variance, because many hands give a marginal +ev. Hope this is what you meant.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Similar JonatonW but I think its a chart that Xylere tested himself over about 100k hands and for all positions. If i remember correctly its a lot tighter than the sklansky chart. (i think, i can't remember it)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi daphunk,

hmm bad spot its just a minraise but you get in ugly spots when raising to 6$ you generate zero fold equity they get great odds and you will play very often multi-way. so when you consider playing this hand which I don't like i would push preflop. About the squeezing range, just use the equilator i would squeeze something like 99,aq+