[NL2-NL10] NL100 really bad squeeze.

• DaPhunk
      Known players:

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , K:club:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $26.15 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero raises to $17.00 (All-In).

Flop: ($46.65) 8:diamond: , J:diamond: , T:diamond:
      Turn: ($46.65) 6:diamond:
      River: ($46.65) 6:club:

Final Pot: $46.65

Imo, this was a bad play because.

MP3 has vpip of 10, but a pfr of only 3. This means that there are many hands he will call us with that he shouldn't let go of when facing a shortstack like me.

I like MP2's stats to squeeze or isolation raise against, but MP3's stats i think just mean that I'll be investing too much money in the long run.

Should have been easy to let go of but for some reason playing just 4 tables makes me do stupid plays like this and i end up pushing PF with an equity of just 44.24% against this guy. Not good.

To expand the discussion; What Handrange would you want to have to make a squeeze here, and what would you raise to if your stack was for example $23 and the squeeze didn't commit you to a push.

p.s. anyone know where i can find xyleres openpush chart? I know i've seen it someone but can't for the life of me remember where.
  • 3 replies
    • JonatanW
      Do you mean this: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1097/ inside that article you find chart of which hands that are profitable to push first-in when playing SSS. I personally dont like pushing hands first in because it gives so much variance, because many hands give a marginal +ev. Hope this is what you meant.
    • DaPhunk
      Similar JonatonW but I think its a chart that Xylere tested himself over about 100k hands and for all positions. If i remember correctly its a lot tighter than the sklansky chart. (i think, i can't remember it)
    • ysessa
      Hi daphunk,

hmm bad spot its just a minraise but you get in ugly spots when raising to 6$ you generate zero fold equity they get great odds and you will play very often multi-way. so when you consider playing this hand which I don't like i would push preflop. About the squeezing range, just use the equilator i would squeeze something like 99,aq+