iPoker questions

• nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Mods feel free to move this post to the appropriate forum.

I've been playing a bit at an iPoker skin recently (not one affiliated to PS.com, hence not knowing where to post this!) and have a couple of questions.

1) Traffic - I was under the impression that iPoker was the biggest network. Yet I haven't seen more than about 50-70 people in the Speed player pools for each limit. 5nl occasionally has over 100 but 20nl and 50nl never seem to. What's going on here? Stars regularly has like 600-1000 in the 25nl pool. I've been told that the Speed player pool is not split into the Tier1/Tier2 system so why such low volume?

2) Built-in hand replayer - So far this has never worked for me. Anyone else got it to work?

3) Mucked showdown cards - I can't see these even in PT4. Is this the same across all skins? Can I change this in the options?

Thanks
  • 14 replies
    • LendarTecho
      LendarTecho
      Bronze
      1. In the evening iPoker has cca 15k players. Somewhere I read that Pokerstars has 25k{not confirmed}, so that is why there is less players in speed poker. Also promotion has a big role. I have seen Pokerstars speed poker advertising at TV.
      2. Havent even tried to enable their replayer, so cant comment on that.
      3. I see the mucked cards in Pokerstrategy Sidekick. Have you enabled the hand history in the games setting?
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hi Lendar

Thanks for this.

Seems weird that Stars would have about 2x as many players overall, yet 10x as many fast-fold players?

Regarding mucked cards, I have my HUD going fine so yes hand histories are enabled. Just doesn't show the mucked cards.

Can I ask what skin you're playing?
    • amater0001
      amater0001
      Bronze
      I checked on pokerscout and ratio Stars : iPoker players is smth like 10 : 1 and definitely not 2 : 1.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Hm yeah it looks like you're right. Jees, Stars really does have a virtual monopoly doesn't it. Shame the reward system is so poor for part-time players.

Anyone else got the hand-replayer and/or mucked cards working?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey nooni2k

Hmm I don't know if and where I should move this to, but I'll ask my fellow mods and they might move it.

I play on Coral these days and in the evenings I do get 100+ players on speed poker. nl50 and nl100 doesn't make that every evening but it does sometimes.

The replayer works very good as well. I can see the mucked hands in the replayer and on HEM2. Maybe you should try another skin?

Regards

RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I moved the thread to WH as you can see.

Regards

RasTweet
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      I play on Coral these days and in the evenings I do get 100+ players on speed poker. nl50 and nl100 doesn't make that every evening but it does sometimes.

The replayer works very good as well. I can see the mucked hands in the replayer and on HEM2. Maybe you should try another skin?

Regards

RasTweet
      Thanks Ras

I've only played a handful of sessions but not yet seen 100+ players at 50nl, but willing to believe you that it does happen!

BTW... the Speed poker player pool is made up from all iPoker skins, correct?

Looks like I mis-spoke in my OP - I actually can see the mucked cards in PT4. Just can't see them during the game itself because the replayer doesn't work. Guess I will have to email their support or something. Changing skin is last resort really as I'd have to find another deal and move my roll etc
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm not saying it happens a lot. If I remember I'll take a look this evening how many people there are playing on nl50.

I don't know if it is made up out of all skins tbh. Someone else have to help with that question.

Regards

RasTweet
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I found a year old news at PokerStrategy. You can check it here.

There is following statement in the news:
      All other cash tables like Fixed Limit, Pot Limit, Omaha, and Speed Poker, will be fully shared across the entire network.

So if there were not any changes since then Speed Poker player pool is not separated.
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Nice one Alan. I've read this too, was just hoping someone could confirm it's still the case.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I almost forgot to check but these are the player pools right now. I think that if it was a bit earlier there would've been more ppl on but anyway...

nl20: 142 players
      nl50: 80 players
      nl100: 94 players
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Cool, thanks Ras. I was online a bit earlier than that and think I was seeing similar numbers. Might hit you up on skype at some point this evening and we can do a real-time comparison and put this to rest :)
    • nooni2k
      nooni2k
      Bronze
      Real-time comparison done - numbers were the same. Shared player pool confirmed :rolleyes:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nooni2k
      Real-time comparison done - numbers were the same. Shared player pool confirmed :rolleyes:
      Yey us! (flex)