Progression specifications

• Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      I have no idea what any of the progressions require in order to 'progress' as there are no descriptions in the client that I can find.

They just have some vague slogan under the progression title and no technical description to tell me what specifically to do in order to progress, like there is to achieve a kick.

I don't really see this being too difficult to add in, so please could this be included.

Thanks.
  • 15 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi Vaars,

thank you very much for your feedback.

We will consider this feedback in our next meeting. :) I actually tend to agree with your view of the progression system but I currently can't quite figure out where we'd put some sort of explanation. I'm sure we'll figure something out - let's see what my colleagues have to say about this idea.

BR
      Markus
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Well when you click on a kick you get to see the cheesy note about the kick, and then when you click the second of the two circles below this not you can see the technical requirements to achieve the kick. I don't see why this can't be done for each of the progressions. Alternatively the technical description could go directly under the cheesy description for the progressions, and/or there can be an 'objective', e.g. "Play xxx more SNGs to unlock the next bit of the 'Every week is SNG week' progression" or something like that. The SNG progressions all look rather similar at the moment...
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Also what's with the fact that it's now full screen? This is rather inconvenient.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Please elaborate on that. What do you mean?
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Oh well, it was much easier having SideKick open in the background so that it was quick to check it. I can also see what hands have gone by. Now, however, I have to minimise it when I want to play, and so can't check things easily. I don't see any reason why it had to be made full screen - it was much more convenient before.
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      It is not fullscreen right now to me, and I am not able to maximize it. It would be great to resize it.
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Ahh... Mine was full screen, and then I restored it, and now, like you say, I can't maximise it or resize it. This is not ideal...
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi,

SideKick does not support a fullscreen window - that's what I'm actually wondering about.

You are not able to get rid of it being displayed in full screen mode? What happens if you click in the SideKick window and press WINDOWS key + any arrow key?
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      I don't really see why that would help.

Anyway, as I said above, mine was stuck on full screen mode for some reason, and then I restored it, and can't maximise it any more.

Do we know any more about getting the progress descriptions I was talking about earlier up on SideKick so I know what I need to do in order to complete the progressions?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hi,

we are currently thinking about a nice solution to display some more information for progressions. Do you have any specific question for now?

BR
      Markus
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Well, apart from what all the specifications require, not really. I guess I'll see when they come out. Is there a list anywhere on the site?

Also this new version of SideKick seems very slow and seems to miss a lot of hands, at least for me. For instance I distinctly remember being all in with 33 and flopping another two threes to make quads. Clearly it went to showdown and clearly both of my cards in the hole were used, and so I should have got the quads kick, but it didn't come up and then when I looked through the hands database on SideKick it wasn't there either. Also a lot of the 'Seventh Heaven' kicks also don't come up as often as they should (especially during heads up play). I guess a few kicks doesn't really make much of a difference, but supposing that that quads kick was the last one I needed to complete the 'Any five cards FTW' mission for a €20 prize (as is happening in the current promotion), then this becomes rather relevant. Fortunately this is not the case but nevertheless this is a relevant point.

And how come the kicks for a certain number of hands (1000, 5000, 10000, 20000 etc.) do not exist any more?
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Well I might as well ask: what do the three SNG progressions require to progress in them?
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Maybe the progression requirements could be shown in the Sidekick thread?
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      I was thinking that might be a good option...
    • kintsukuroi
      kintsukuroi
      Bronze
      Hi, would you mind considering adding those captions to progressions? I don't really see the poblem, as a tiny pop-up window explaining the progression would be enough (p.e. poping-up when I hover over the next goal - explaining how much hands and especially WHICH hands should I get to get the progression ). ..This posts above are from two years ago, I downloaded SideKick a month ago and there's still no caption.