[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR: overpair on the flop

• Michailewic
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $0,25, 2 folds, CO raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,25) 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($3,25) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2,00, CO raises to $6,00, SB folds, Hero calls $4,00.

River: ($15,25) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $15,25

CO is one of the better players.
      Hero was about to call the bet of CO on the flop (he might have been drawing). Since CO checked the flop and it was a three way flop, hero put him on AK (maybe other high aces) - i.e. CO missed the flop. Since hero could not wait for bet of CO on the turn, he had to bet (he had overpair and 2x was unlikely). Raise of CO indicated that CO had a flush draw (with a flush draw on the flop, he would have bet), most likely AdKx. On the river, hero's line was to c/c (if diamond hit the river, hero would c/f - maybe except for a smallish bet).

Did hero play it correctly?
  • 1 reply
    • crt32
      I'm not a Full Ring player, but I think you should raise 99 from that position.
      Villain represents a very small range on the Turn, I think he bets most Flush Draws on the Flop, so his most likely holding is a lone Ace of Diamonds, sometimes a slowplayed Set/Full House.
      Thus call Turn, c/c blank River is best here.