looking to improve my game

• Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      I've had some success in tournaments and my ROI is above average, but recently I think my game is not at the level I want it to be. I started playing with hud before 2 weeks and since then my game has been more robotic and I feel like the cards are playing themselves a lot of time whereas watching final tables on stars the best players are playing crazy good, 4bet-bluffing every bluff and so on, and it kinda makes me sad.

So i'm looking for a good mtt coach that is crushing 100$+ tournaments to fix my leaks and help me become a superuser.

I remember there was a "thank you" post here in some forums from a guy who had like 20k something in tournament profits turned into 200k+ after he worked with a coach, unfortunately I couldn't find the post.
  • 3 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hey Mikus8,

you may find an overview of all available private coaches here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1518

In general, the better the coach is the more expensive a coaching gets. Depending on your current level of knowledge it might make sense to start taking lessons from a solid midstakes player for a reasonable rate that suits your current bankroll. If you have decent success you can thereafter get a more expensive coaching from someone else.

Most MTT coaches charge between 40$ and 100$ per hour. But you will also find cheaper or more expensive rates.

Personally I charge 60€/h (~80$). If you are interested feel free to add me!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      I am a solid midstakes player myself, I want to play higher but I don't feel confident in those big pokerstars tournaments. My experience so far makes me avoid 50$ + tournaments but for me poker is more about beating tougher games rather than making money.

I could do it myself but really I just don't know what am I doing wrong now
    • sngplayer90
      sngplayer90
      Bronze
      As well as a coach you should also invest in programs such as icmizer/holdem resources calculator/cardrunners ev. These programs will help you improve your game a lot if you learn to use them correctly.