• 17 replies
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      I am not 100% sure, but as i was looking at the answers i saw i answered everyting the same as written in the answers, but scored 17 out of 21...but like i said, i am not 100% sure. Anybody else?
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      13/21

Learned a lot really :)

One question...
      Should we bet out KK and QQ in 2.4 on the river as villain?
      We are way behind on his range (26% if we don't count flushdraws). Shouldn't we check/call to induce bluffs and maybe get a check behind from Ax?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I have a couple of questions:

1st hand:
      If I understood the explanation correctly, you should just call down till the river to catch as many bluffs as possible. Why?! In the 3rd hand it's nicely explained that you should c/r turn, and I agree with that.

Last hand of part I:
      A turn AF would be nice :P :D

Part II:
      1st hand:
      Why wouldn't you just raise flop, check turn and call river if it's a blank? That way you get to see a cheap SD with a weak hand with some SD value. This is probably really wrong, but still have to ask :P

3rd hand:
      Love that trapping move, but I was sure that it was going to be wrong when I selected call and then I would have to bitch about how you can trap MP there :D :D :D :D

4th hand:
      Wouldn't he call hands JQ, JK, QT, KT also? But they are probably not in his capping range, huh^^

PS: I got 17/21. Should have gotten more, but I made a stupid mistake in the 1st hand and in the last one I didn't read the text and didn't know he was a TAG...
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      same as others 17/21
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      12/21, and I don't agree with some explanations :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I like it a lot.

You managed to score 20 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 95 %!

I check/raised the QJ hand as I thought we have some fold equity but it's not enough I guess. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      I have a couple of questions:

1st hand:
      If I understood the explanation correctly, you should just call down till the river to catch as many bluffs as possible. Why?! In the 3rd hand it's nicely explained that you should c/r turn, and I agree with that.

Last hand of part I:
      A turn AF would be nice :P :D

Part II:
      1st hand:
      Why wouldn't you just raise flop, check turn and call river if it's a blank? That way you get to see a cheap SD with a weak hand with some SD value. This is probably really wrong, but still have to ask :P

3rd hand:
      Love that trapping move, but I was sure that it was going to be wrong when I selected call and then I would have to bitch about how you can trap MP there :D :D :D :D

4th hand:
      Wouldn't he call hands JQ, JK, QT, KT also? But they are probably not in his capping range, huh^^

PS: I got 17/21. Should have gotten more, but I made a stupid mistake in the 1st hand and in the last one I didn't read the text and didn't know he was a TAG...
      1st hand:
      I can't find it where it states that we don't check/raise the turn here. The 'we might 1 SB more' is because of the check/raise.

Part II:
      1st hand:
      We want to see a showdown here and he can 3-bet a lot hands on the flop where we have to fold on the turn as it becomes too expensive.
      He also might not continue his bluffs or valuebets with A-high.

4th hand:
      His cappingrange is: 66+, A8s+, ATo+. :)

(I haven't read the explainations everytime so above is sometimes just what I think.)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You managed to score 18 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 86 %!

Not bad for a NL player imo ^^

I check/called 1.3, capped 2.3 and bet 2.4.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I scored 15 but I am a tourny NL player
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I like it a lot.

You managed to score 20 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 95 %!

I check/raised the QJ hand as I thought we have some fold equity but it's not enough I guess. :)
      I got 15/21 =(

I love these quizzes but I just have no clue as to how far to apply the statistics. What I mean is, how do we know in the quiz how far he wants us to deviate from the standard rule? Giving a 44 WTS I think was meant to imply not to semi bluff with the QJ hand cause we won't have that MUCH fold equity, but still you don't really need a lot.

We know that he bluffs the flop and sometimes river, but when he 3-bets the turn and we have A8o we are meant to call down? How about some information like, capable of 3-bet semi bluffing the turn, though that would be far too obvious I admit :P Basically as far as I've played I hardly ever see 3-bet turn semi-bluffs so to me that would be a pretty easy fold.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      You managed to score 18 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 86 %!

Not bad for a NL player imo ^^

I check/called 1.3, capped 2.3 and bet 2.4.
      Lol admit it, you are a luckbox and randomly chose options =(
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Score 13.... no wonder I lost 40 bucks at a FL table while waiting for a NL spot to open....
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze

I 3-bet the QJ on the flop, it told me that made no sense and that I was stupid, so it obviously knows me!

I realise what i'd done now, I had thought that any drawing hands are worse but that they would still call anyway, And that's getting more money in against a worse hand. I had obviously assumed I was ahead of any hands the agressive player had.

Most of those hands really made me think though. All in all I think this was a good quiz. Can't wait for the next one!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      You managed to score 21 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 100 %!

Just call me the King of Min-bet :D

Then again... please don't :D
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      18/21 so fl isnt so far from nl (at least in this test)
    • SeaJaws
      SeaJaws
      Bronze
      I don't really like the call on the flop with top set AA vs an unknown. Unknowns are for starters mostly donkey's because I know the TAGs on my limit normally. And donkey's are so unpredictable that I won't slowplay in a multiway pot.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      You managed to score 21 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 100 %!

Just call me the King of Min-bet :D

Then again... please don't :D
      After asking the quizmaster for help? ;)

@TerrorBlade: Yes this is correct that the 44% wts mean that you shouldn't semibluff a lot aginst him.
      The hints are a bit too much as in real you often don't have so exact reads about an opponent but it's a good training to get used to how to use them if you have them.