This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

• 17 replies
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      I am not 100% sure, but as i was looking at the answers i saw i answered everyting the same as written in the answers, but scored 17 out of 21...but like i said, i am not 100% sure. Anybody else?
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      13/21

Learned a lot really :)

One question...
      Should we bet out KK and QQ in 2.4 on the river as villain?
      We are way behind on his range (26% if we don't count flushdraws). Shouldn't we check/call to induce bluffs and maybe get a check behind from Ax?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I have a couple of questions:

1st hand:
      If I understood the explanation correctly, you should just call down till the river to catch as many bluffs as possible. Why?! In the 3rd hand it's nicely explained that you should c/r turn, and I agree with that.

Last hand of part I:
      A turn AF would be nice :P :D

Part II:
      1st hand:
      Why wouldn't you just raise flop, check turn and call river if it's a blank? That way you get to see a cheap SD with a weak hand with some SD value. This is probably really wrong, but still have to ask :P

3rd hand:
      Love that trapping move, but I was sure that it was going to be wrong when I selected call and then I would have to bitch about how you can trap MP there :D :D :D :D

4th hand:
      Wouldn't he call hands JQ, JK, QT, KT also? But they are probably not in his capping range, huh^^

PS: I got 17/21. Should have gotten more, but I made a stupid mistake in the 1st hand and in the last one I didn't read the text and didn't know he was a TAG...
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      same as others 17/21
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      12/21, and I don't agree with some explanations :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I like it a lot.

You managed to score 20 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 95 %!

I check/raised the QJ hand as I thought we have some fold equity but it's not enough I guess. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      I have a couple of questions:

1st hand:
      If I understood the explanation correctly, you should just call down till the river to catch as many bluffs as possible. Why?! In the 3rd hand it's nicely explained that you should c/r turn, and I agree with that.

Last hand of part I:
      A turn AF would be nice :P :D

Part II:
      1st hand:
      Why wouldn't you just raise flop, check turn and call river if it's a blank? That way you get to see a cheap SD with a weak hand with some SD value. This is probably really wrong, but still have to ask :P

3rd hand:
      Love that trapping move, but I was sure that it was going to be wrong when I selected call and then I would have to bitch about how you can trap MP there :D :D :D :D

4th hand:
      Wouldn't he call hands JQ, JK, QT, KT also? But they are probably not in his capping range, huh^^

PS: I got 17/21. Should have gotten more, but I made a stupid mistake in the 1st hand and in the last one I didn't read the text and didn't know he was a TAG...
      1st hand:
      I can't find it where it states that we don't check/raise the turn here. The 'we might 1 SB more' is because of the check/raise.

Part II:
      1st hand:
      We want to see a showdown here and he can 3-bet a lot hands on the flop where we have to fold on the turn as it becomes too expensive.
      He also might not continue his bluffs or valuebets with A-high.

4th hand:
      His cappingrange is: 66+, A8s+, ATo+. :)

(I haven't read the explainations everytime so above is sometimes just what I think.)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      You managed to score 18 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 86 %!

Not bad for a NL player imo ^^

I check/called 1.3, capped 2.3 and bet 2.4.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I scored 15 but I am a tourny NL player
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I like it a lot.

You managed to score 20 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 95 %!

I check/raised the QJ hand as I thought we have some fold equity but it's not enough I guess. :)
      I got 15/21 =(

I love these quizzes but I just have no clue as to how far to apply the statistics. What I mean is, how do we know in the quiz how far he wants us to deviate from the standard rule? Giving a 44 WTS I think was meant to imply not to semi bluff with the QJ hand cause we won't have that MUCH fold equity, but still you don't really need a lot.

We know that he bluffs the flop and sometimes river, but when he 3-bets the turn and we have A8o we are meant to call down? How about some information like, capable of 3-bet semi bluffing the turn, though that would be far too obvious I admit :P Basically as far as I've played I hardly ever see 3-bet turn semi-bluffs so to me that would be a pretty easy fold.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      You managed to score 18 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 86 %!

Not bad for a NL player imo ^^

I check/called 1.3, capped 2.3 and bet 2.4.
      Lol admit it, you are a luckbox and randomly chose options =(
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Score 13.... no wonder I lost 40 bucks at a FL table while waiting for a NL spot to open....
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze

I 3-bet the QJ on the flop, it told me that made no sense and that I was stupid, so it obviously knows me!

I realise what i'd done now, I had thought that any drawing hands are worse but that they would still call anyway, And that's getting more money in against a worse hand. I had obviously assumed I was ahead of any hands the agressive player had.

Most of those hands really made me think though. All in all I think this was a good quiz. Can't wait for the next one!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      You managed to score 21 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 100 %!

Just call me the King of Min-bet :D

Then again... please don't :D
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      18/21 so fl isnt so far from nl (at least in this test)
    • SeaJaws
      SeaJaws
      Bronze
      I don't really like the call on the flop with top set AA vs an unknown. Unknowns are for starters mostly donkey's because I know the TAGs on my limit normally. And donkey's are so unpredictable that I won't slowplay in a multiway pot.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      You managed to score 21 out of a total of 21 possible points. This corresponds to 100 %!

Just call me the King of Min-bet :D

Then again... please don't :D
      After asking the quizmaster for help? ;)

@TerrorBlade: Yes this is correct that the 44% wts mean that you shouldn't semibluff a lot aginst him.
      The hints are a bit too much as in real you often don't have so exact reads about an opponent but it's a good training to get used to how to use them if you have them.