basic average stats

• munkey7
      munkey7
      Silver
      hey all. Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions or opinions on what are some basic average stats for players in Sngs. For example what is considered a high fold to 3bet stat, or a low aggression frq %, etc, just general stats that can more clearly help you identify a player. Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Well, first of all I think it would be better for you to specify what type of SNG are you talking about because I don't think there are stats generic enough between different types of SNG.

What I mean by type consists of (at least) both table size and speed (note that I'm not even considering other issues such as blind structure difference between sites, being DoN, or KO, etc).

For example, 6-max hyper turbos are quite different from +45mans non-turbos.

On the other hand, you should also try to be more specific on what you want to know. Because different kinds of stats are used to (trying to) define opponents. Try to list stats you want other PS members to comment on, or maybe player types that you want others to list good stats to pay attention to.

This will help others answer your question.
    • capsize101
      capsize101
      Originally posted by cryoburn
      Well, first of all I think it would be better for you to specify what type of SNG are you talking about because I don't think there are stats generic enough between different types of SNG.

What I mean by type consists of (at least) both table size and speed (note that I'm not even considering other issues such as blind structure difference between sites, being DoN, or KO, etc).

For example, 6-max hyper turbos are quite different from +45mans non-turbos.

On the other hand, you should also try to be more specific on what you want to know. Because different kinds of stats are used to (trying to) define opponents. Try to list stats you want other PS members to comment on, or maybe player types that you want others to list good stats to pay attention to.

This will help others answer your question.
      +1

Also to categorize an opponent vpip/pfr/3bet/cbet and flod to steal are some of the most useful stats. The problem with stats like fold to 3bet etc. is that you need a large amound of hands from villain so that you do not make a false guess.
      Meanwhile you should also always take propper notes of your opponents and then use more advanced stats to ensure your thoughts in specific spots.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi munkey7,
      I am far from even getting near to being a SnG expert, but i really don't think it matters which game you play - particularly for someone who is unsure of what they want from stats - taking notes beats all. Study the players and make lots of notes about their tendencies, you can combine them with stats later when you have a large enough sample size. What that sample size might be in SnG games I leave to others.

I also found these vids by the mighty chenny8888:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/#searchtext=stats%20in%20sng&key=all&contenttype=0&gametype=0&tablesize=0&languages=en&levels=basic,bronze,silver,gold,platinum,diamond&lowerlimit=0&upperlimit=100&ob=date&od=desc&page=1&rpp=10

Then you have stats and notes, easy game. :s_cool:

I expect some SnG guys will be along to give more detailed information, but those are my thoughts on it.

Hope I helped a little,

Mal.
    • munkey7
      munkey7
      Silver
      thanks for the replies all. Ya sorry, guess i wasn't too specific. i play 9-10 man sngs sometimes turbo and sometimes the standards. I've been starting to play alot of 6max also. I was just wondering about average stats for different player types like CBet, Fold to Cbet, Fold to 3bet, 3bet, Steal, Fold to steal, W$SD, WTSD. I know someone with 34/7 are very loose passive, 10/4 weak tight etc. What are some numbers for the above stats that are in super high range, super low range or just normal? Hope that explained things better. Thanks folks