2x Shoot-out ICM trainer/Calculator

• albatro55
      albatro55
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I have started to play 2x shoot-out SNGs at pokerstars which a game of 36 entrants. But wondering if there is any ICM calculator/trainer for shootout games. Please suggest if you know anyother software which might help in building efficiency in playing shootouts.
  • 5 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, albatro55!

I am really not sure and I've never heard of a calculator nor trainer that covers those games. SnG forum cover up to 27 entrants, however, so I will just move your thread to the tournament section, hopefully you get better advices. I will leave a link for the SnG forum also in case somebody wants to share an opinion.

Cheers!
    • Unam
      Unam
      Hi,
      first table you have to play by Chip Ev (assuming only the first place moves on) and for the 2nd table you have to know what place gets how much money and calculate the payout for that, then type it into your ICM tool, not a big problem.
      If there are 2 players getting into the next tournament and they start with the chips they had in the last tournament, then you have to find a workaround, but then it does matter a lot how the 2nd table will be paid.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by Unam
      Hi,
      first table you have to play by Chip Ev (assuming only the first place moves on) and for the 2nd table you have to know what place gets how much money and calculate the payout for that, then type it into your ICM tool, not a big problem.
      If there are 2 players getting into the next tournament and they start with the chips they had in the last tournament, then you have to find a workaround, but then it does matter a lot how the 2nd table will be paid.
      Thanks Unam!

Not much to add for me. Shootouts aren't MTT's and I have never played them regularly. Therefore my ability to help you is kinda limited.

The calculations that were mentioned by Unam can be made with programs like SNG Wizard or Holdem Ressources Calculator.

You may find both in our software section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-tools/

Regards,
      Asaban
    • klofutaric
      klofutaric
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I hope I can borrow this topic for my question. I would like to know is it possible to load HH from pokertars to ICM trainer and if is it how can I do that.

Thanks,

Klo
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      As far as I know it is currently not possible.
      The only similar programs (that I know of) that allow hand import are SNG Wizard and the HoldemRessourcesCalculator. You may find both in our Poker Tools section: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-tools/

While HRC has it's own category you may find the Wizard under HoldemManager Apps.

Regards,
      Asaban