tilted... what do you do?

• kparadis84
      kparadis84
      Basic
      I am curious what people do when they get tilted to get themselves back in check? Do you simply just shut off your computer and quit until the next day or have you found something that works for you to get yourself back in check?
  • 11 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      I believe taking a break and letting yourself cool down is the best option.

You need some time to let go of the money you lost, and taking off from poker for a day or so really helps you clear your mind.

Take Care,

Maythany
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello there kparadis84,

i can tell how do i react when i feel tilted. Mostly i take a break. Sometimes i take break just for few hours next time maybe for a day or two to forget about bad run. We can feel tilted also at the beginning of the session because previous bad experiences.

I think still the most important thing is that we try to realized why we got tilted at first place. Was that our bad play, was that variances fault or what was it. When we know a source of tilt we can learn to react properly. I think this is more difficult process as it seems to be but i am sure we can handle tilt really good with some hard work on ourselves.

Lets hear also other experiences.

Good luck to all and i wish you as little tilt as possible :s_cool:
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Gold
      I watch Jason Sommerville on youtube, i find his videos very entertaining and tilt-breaking.

Also play battlefield, but more often than not i get owned and tilt even more
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Silver
      I now follow PS's advice on tilt and I try to look at myself from a detached perspective. I basically scan myself while I play and decide whether I am playing bad and how my mood level is. If it's not as it should be I stop and do something else. It can be anything really, go outside for a walk, play Fifa, meditate, talk to a friend, watch a show. Later on if I still feel like playing, I start a new session and keep an eye on myself once more. This has now become my routine and so far it's been quite alright.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazBenz
      I now follow PS's advice on tilt and I try to look at myself from a detached perspective. I basically scan myself while I play and decide whether I am playing bad and how my mood level is. If it's not as it should be I stop and do something else. It can be anything really, go outside for a walk, play Fifa, meditate, talk to a friend, watch a show. Later on if I still feel like playing, I start a new session and keep an eye on myself once more. This has now become my routine and so far it's been quite alright.
      I should be doing this! Nice one JazBenz!

But I do notice rather soon when I'm tilting and when I do I take a break and might play later on. If I'm raging however I just remove myself from the computer for the rest of the day. It's stupid to play when on tilt. Might as well light some money on fire.

Regards

RasTweet
    • MERIT900
      MERIT900
      Bronze
      I find the best thing to do when i am on tilt is to take 100,000 play chips and a nice doobie and go mad on a playchip table.
      by the time i have pissed off the whole table with some well place donks accompanied by some choice banter im usually laughing so much i have forgotten that i was even on tilt in the first place.

My apologies to any forum member who may have been on the end of some of it over the last year but it works for me so try it and see

good luck

Anger controlled is a Strength - Uncontrolled its an enemy that will kill you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Nice words MERIT900! :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MERIT900
      Anger controlled is a Strength - Uncontrolled its an enemy that will kill you.
      Well said!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      You haven't said what causes the tilt, or why you get tilted by said cause. It's ok to sit out and chill etc., etc., but the root cause will still be there next time.
      Find the root cause, it may be real life problems with family/friends or whatever, but if you don't want it to sneak up on you again it needs fixing.

I heard somewhere the definition of tilt is anything that causes you to play suboptimal, or at least at your personal 'A' game level. Perhaps someone will know more accurately the statement.

Just my 2c worth and not expertly analysed by any means, just much experience of suffering tilt in many guises.

Run tilt free, :)

Mal.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Bronze
      have you tried smashing your keyboard or mouse against the wall?
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      I usually give up playing until I've slept for a few hours. It works wonders for me. Obviously it's not always the solution, otherwise I'd be in that bed all day.