I'm f***ed

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Translated from Dutch forum

Shit ... I'm so pissed, got robbed actually.

Today I was helping out my mom who needed an extra waiter after one got sick for was supposed to be a busy day, which it wasn't. So, I leave earlier from the restaurant and as I arrived home I see my 13 year old nephew crying in panic as he kept screaching "sorry" at me.

What happened ?
      He passed by home and is a bit unstable since his dad passed away 2 months ago so he often visited for company. Apparently he was left alone with the computer for a while and found PartyPoker with my password autofill still on (as I thought anyone at home was trustworthy enough) and he started playing on my account. He lost a little and then started tilting and panicking as he thought I'd get really pissed at him and in his attempt to win back the money lost he's squandered my entire roll

What can I do now ? :O
      Demand he'd take on student weekend or holidays jobs and repays me bit by bit as you'd do when you'd crash a friend's car is impossible as he's too young to be allowed to work. As he's a minor and it would probably be considered to be "negligance" from my part I'm pretty powerless ...
      Luckily I withdrew 1000 € just yesterday for some personal stuff, which I could now redeposit and forget about spending the money as planned, changing all my passwords and unable all autofills and restart with that money.

I cashed in my partypoints to still be able to do the coachings until my money arrives but I dunno ... it's gonna take soooo long to rebuild this roll :( :(

So sick it :@
      Who the f* thinks about this ... even though I got good external security software installed and changed my password every 2 weeks, I now got screwed over this way... pff
      I feel so f'ing sick now ...
  • 25 replies
    • Myrddin84
      Myrddin84
      Bronze
      Omfg dude, soooooo sick ! :(
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      How much are we talking about ?
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      if this happens to me i dont know how i should react... first at all in my mind is to beat soul out of him but if u think about it ... that will no bring u money back ... probably i will lost all intrest of poker...

maybe best to do is think u just bankcorupt by sick downswing and try use yours skill to rebuild BR
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimoDee
      You don't want to know..
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by TimoDee
      You don't want to know..
      I wouldn't have asked if I didn't xD

Is it that much, yeah ?

Really sorry to hear that, Sonic :(
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      It's +/- 5000 $
      Coulda been 1500 more if i didn't cash out the day before or even way more if i didn't buy a new computer and got a holiday with my roll in august
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      It's +/- 5000 $
      Coulda been 1500 more if i didn't cash out the day before or even way more if i didn't buy a new computer and got a holiday with my roll in august
      You Gotta be Kiddin'!!! Dude.. sincere sympathy (from vocabulary but sounds wierd)

this is sick.. I wish you good everything
    • MackPDaddy
      MackPDaddy
      Bronze
      WOW.......
      After reading this the first thing I did was go into my account and made sure I unchecked remember password. Its a "good" warning to all of us not to leave are password remembered and as a small solace could stop this happening to others in the future.
      Good luck,
      Mack
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Originally posted by MackPDaddy
      WOW.......
      After reading this the first thing I did was go into my account and made sure I unchecked remember password. Its a "good" warning to all of us not to leave are password remembered and as a small solace could stop this happening to others in the future.
      Good luck,
      Mack
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      That's so fkn sick... I would've killed my nephew I think...
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      wow sick beat! you deserve a nice upswing now :)

post some hand histories from nephews play?
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Sorry to here that SonicXT..... :(

Yes, hand histories would be funny.... :D

Sonic I think you should just tell him in 15 years he has to give you 5000$. He is old enough to know better. Make him sign something. :D
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Dude, I felt so hammered when I read your post yesterday, I haven't been able to respond until today.

Commiserations. But remember, he is family, young, and in distress. He fucked up big time, and you are paying. If he understands how much it hurts you, without having to believe he is an irredeemable retard for ever after, he can learn to avoid situations like this for the rest of his life, a major plus.

In terms of your bankroll, if you want to do some one on one coaching, I'll sign up for 10 lessons, paid in advance, the times worked out when it can suit both of us.

Let me know.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Man that really sucks. :(

Good luck with rebuilding the br.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I'm wvery sorry for your bankroll. It would take you couple of months of hard work to earn it again probably. 5000$ is like average salary for 4 months in my country... :(
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      so sick . i was going to play a session but it depressed me and i am not going anymore . hopefuly you will rebuild and get back on track ...
      HEADS UP
    • CyaET
      CyaET
      Bronze
      this is just so sick ...
    • trucmuche04
      trucmuche04
      Bronze
      As a punishment you should force him to learn poker! With such a burn playing poker for the first time, he should have an iron discipline for the rest of his life. He'll never forget what it's like to be tilting and will never allow that again :P

On a more serious note, you can tell yourself that if you built your BR up there you can still do it again. You can't let a mishap demoralize you. Think of all those guys that went bankrupt 2/3 times before becoming millionaires!

Good luck!
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      i'm very sorry to read this, i hope you get it back fast ( it's a fact that you will rebuild it :)