Urgent Medical Attention Required!!

    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Urgently need advice on what kind of mouse to use/ upgrade to. Currently use a really high DPI gamer mouse but suffer from lower arm strain.

      Seriously - I think I could be getting carpal tunnel or repetitive strain or something.

      ( I am expecting masturbation jokes so it's all good trolls :D )

      Cheers peeps!!

      GL GL GL
  • 27 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.09.2009 Posts: 21,926
      Moved to appropriate forum.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Moved to appropriate forum.
      #

      Wait sorry - Why is this a beginners question? I am looking for advice from the entire forum regarding regular use/ gaming.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.05.2009 Posts: 2,920
      Lol.

      Dunno, I use the touchpad on laptop and it works fine =)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.05.2010 Posts: 235
      bought a Logitech G400s a few weeks ago, really happy with it. If you have problems with your arm lower the sensitivity on your mouse, should help
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Lol.

      Dunno, I use the touchpad on laptop and it works fine =)
      HOW DO YOU MULTI-TABLE!! :D
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2008 Posts: 1,941
      Maybe your pain is not because of mouse. Maybe you don't have enough place to rest your elbow on. Maybe your table is to low or to high. Is there something wrong with chair?

      I sit at work 8 hour per day and working with the cheapest Logitech mouse. At home i have Logitec MX518 wired mouse which is really the best one. I love it.

      I had a bit of problems before but then realized my sitting position was not the best. After i managed to sit comfortably all problems were gone.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by Damlqv
      bought a Logitech G400s a few weeks ago, really happy with it. If you have problems with your arm lower the sensitivity on your mouse, should help
      I have exactly the same model!! Thanks for the tip I'll give it a go :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by Alan883
      Maybe your pain is not because of mouse. Maybe you don't have enough place to rest your elbow on. Maybe your table is to low or to high. Is there something wrong with chair?

      I sit at work 8 hour per day and working with the cheapest Logitech mouse. At home i have Logitec MX518 wired mouse which is really the best one. I love it.

      I had a bit of problems before but then realized my sitting position was not the best. After i managed to sit comfortably all problems were gone.
      I sit pretty comfortably but I will experiment a bit and see if that helps.

      The mouse I have is meant to be good for this kind of thing - I think it comes down to just literally playing like 10 hours a day :D

      Mega degen mode hahahaha
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.09.2010 Posts: 223
      1. try using hotkeys for the most common actions like fold, preflop open, check/call, etc. share the burden with your other hand :D
      2. make sure to have sufficient breaks, don't play straight for too long
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2011 Posts: 804
      Have you tried getting a really good mousepad? Maybe that could help you a bit.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by spreeboy
      1. try using hotkeys for the most common actions like fold, preflop open, check/call, etc. share the burden with your other hand :D
      2. make sure to have sufficient breaks, don't play straight for too long
      How do you assign hot keys? (Tableninja?)

      Thanks for the post :D
    • qaz87
      qaz87
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.02.2009 Posts: 46
      I am using my old razer naga mouse and its pretty comfy when it comes to multitable one handed as you can key bind everything with the 17 buttons it provides
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Joined: 26.12.2009 Posts: 4,553
      I use a Logitech G500 and works fine. When my arm hurts I'm usually just sitting wrong. I also have the mac magic mouse even that one doesn't hurt for me.

      RasTweet
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by qaz87
      I am using my old razer naga mouse and its pretty comfy when it comes to multitable one handed as you can key bind everything with the 17 buttons it provides
      Very nice mouse - Was thinking about that one too :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      ON THAT TOPIC:

      Has anyone ever used those short-board gaming pad things? Kind of like WASD left hand keyboard you strap to your hand.

      I think starcraft players use these but I dont know if you can macro actions easily etc?

      GL GL GL
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.05.2009 Posts: 2,920
      Originally posted by Walshnm
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Lol.

      Dunno, I use the touchpad on laptop and it works fine =)
      HOW DO YOU MULTI-TABLE!! :D
      up to 3-4 tables is easy :)
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Originally posted by Walshnm
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Lol.

      Dunno, I use the touchpad on laptop and it works fine =)
      HOW DO YOU MULTI-TABLE!! :D
      up to 3-4 tables is easy :)
      Oh yeh - soz I was thinking more like 6-10

      Tx for the post :D
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.09.2010 Posts: 223
      Originally posted by Walshnm
      Originally posted by spreeboy
      1. try using hotkeys for the most common actions like fold, preflop open, check/call, etc. share the burden with your other hand :D
      2. make sure to have sufficient breaks, don't play straight for too long
      How do you assign hot keys? (Tableninja?)

      Thanks for the post :D
      When I used to 12-table, I was using the pokerstars hotkeys. From the main lobby go to Options> Hotkey Settings to configure. I haven't use table ninja though. Now I am 4-tabling only so I don't use hotkeys anymore.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2008 Posts: 198
      Originally posted by spreeboy
      Originally posted by Walshnm
      Originally posted by spreeboy
      1. try using hotkeys for the most common actions like fold, preflop open, check/call, etc. share the burden with your other hand :D
      2. make sure to have sufficient breaks, don't play straight for too long
      How do you assign hot keys? (Tableninja?)

      Thanks for the post :D
      When I used to 12-table, I was using the pokerstars hotkeys. From the main lobby go to Options> Hotkey Settings to configure. I haven't use table ninja though. Now I am 4-tabling only so I don't use hotkeys anymore.
      Cheers for the tip :)
    • 1
    • 2