Should I stay or should I go

• Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      OK. I need you chaps to help me make my mind up as I'm at a crossroads.

After reading what people have gone through trying to get there money etc I am starting to get a tad concerned and I haven't got to the chapter in Jared's book yet that deals with said concern.

I withdrew part of my funds this morning via wire transfer and the status is currently pending, which as you will all know can take 48 hours to be processed (and the rest) and I have the option of cancelling.

Right. I am really tempted as I can't stand mickey mouse operations like this to cancel and instead just empty my account completely and put in another transfer request for my full balance

I've earned all my free money and surely paid enough rake that they can't start deducting anything. I honestly couldn't really care about the first deposit bonus as I have a much better deal else where which is also on Ipoker and if
      I was going to change network completely it would have to be to Pokerstars from what people are saying and that way I will stay linked to here.

No matter what, whether I have to subscribe in the meantime (although I have till the end of October till my Silver status runs out) and anyways it will hardly break the bank if I have to pay as without being a suck up, you don't get much better value for money then for what you get here and to be honest I would probably only stay at 770 till the end of the month to really go for Gold status which I think is unlikely to happen as I'm away for a week on holiday after the weekend (I made sure the hotel had wifi though :D )

So should I say goodbye to 770 or leave some money in there?
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Bookie22,

Speaking from my own experience (if you can find it in your heart to ignore my avatar that is) I had no issues playing on/withdrawing on Poker770.

After I created my account and made a deposit my account was frozen until I passed a security check (as is becoming industry norm nowadays) So, I sent in the required documentation which was my passport and my driving licence and within 24 hours my account was freed again and I played to my heart's content.

Fast forward to withdrawal time and I withdrew using two methods. Skrill and Bank. Both transactions were pending for less than 48 hours and we're received within 3-5 days. It certainly was no longer than 7 days from withdrawing to having the money physically (either in Skrill/Bank)

Now then, it us up to you if you consider this period of time to be too long. Other sites are quicker - that is for sure. So, it's a personal decision at the end of the day.

Hope this helps,
      Gary.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey Bookie22,

Speaking from my own experience (if you can find it in your heart to ignore my avatar that is) I had no issues playing on/withdrawing on Poker770.

After I created my account and made a deposit my account was frozen until I passed a security check (as is becoming industry norm nowadays) So, I sent in the required documentation which was my passport and my driving licence and within 24 hours my account was freed again and I played to my heart's content.

Fast forward to withdrawal time and I withdrew using two methods. Skrill and Bank. Both transactions were pending for less than 48 hours and we're received within 3-5 days. It certainly was no longer than 7 days from withdrawing to having the money physically (either in Skrill/Bank)

Now then, it us up to you if you consider this period of time to be too long. Other sites are quicker - that is for sure. So, it's a personal decision at the end of the day.

Hope this helps,
      Gary.
      Hi Gary

Thanks for the response. I've already had my ID check and the only issue that may arise is that Im withdrawing to my bank account when my deposit was from a Credit card. I will only have to email them my bank statement at worst but the determining thing for me will be how long everything takes. I'm still on pending, which is fine as its only been 24 hours but if any problems arise with this (not including sending a statement) then I will leave.

Although the delay in withdrawing is something I don't like, it's more about what people have said regarding customer service (I haven't had problems), the disconnecting issues which do exist more on 770 then on either WH or Titan and the simple fact that in the UK we are spoilt with ease of access to the safest and most professional of run rooms which accept our debit cards. Poker is stressful enough as it is, and the last thing I want to think about is if my money (should I ever make any) is safe.

*edit* I've taken out my pointless rant as I've updated my blog as Ive decided to really go for it with my remaining funds to take advantage of the current PS points deal at 770 as I want to try and get to gold status before the end of September. I won't redeposit if things don't go to plan and Ive explained my reasoning behind what Im doing and why (see blog :) )

Hopefully by tomorrow my pending money will be no longer pending. I will have earned a decent amount of PS points and maybe some deposit bonus and have nothing but great things to say about 770 :s_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Best of luck to you! Glad to hear some positive stories also :)
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Well no luck with my pending money. I expect it was because I wanted it to go into a different account to the one I deposited from but I also expect that they would have completely ignored the request until I brought it up and then they would have asked for my bank statement etc. I waited four days which considering they say that all pending withdrawels will be dealt within within 48 hours (not two working days) I think that was sufficient

So instead I have cancelled that withdrawel and put in for another (more money then previous) to the same card I deposited from which they already have all copies of including ID. Hopefully this will go through quicker, but I doubt it.

Just as a contrast, I withdrew money from William Hill yesterday to payal and it was in my paypal account before I could even log into it and after transferring that to my bank account it was in there literally before I could log onto my online banking.

I will prepare a few generic emails, complete with broken English to send when my money is still pending in a couple of days time.

I'm still going for gold status on here because of the bonus PS points for 770 users and so still using the account as the way I view it if i do make it then thats the best part of $50 I have gained. Until I move to stars this will probably be the only time I will be in with a chance to get it unless the PS bonus runs again next month or I get a $50 post for money prizes (which I don't deserve as most of my posts have been useless) and as not to be a hypocrite. If there are no strings attached then that money will probably come straight out and go into a proper ipoker account aka William Hill.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Hi again

Could someone that knows a bit about how much rake I need to accumulate before I can withdraw all my funds from 770 help me out please.

I have tried twice now to withdraw but after 4 days both times I have heard nothing back and I don't want to start emailing them etc unless I know that all requirements have been met.

I signed up for the free money from PS and the extra $20 for depositing. Sorry about the currency conversions but I have been trying to withdraw £40 but as I am currently at a hotel with aweful internet there is no point trying to accumulate enough PS points before the end of September to get gold (my only reason for staying at 770) so I might as well cancel (again) my pending withdrawel and take out all my money which is about £50. I have accumulated a little shy of 500 poker 770 points. Is that enough for everything to go through ok and if not how many more do I need?

Thanks a lot

Matt
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Bookie22
      Hi again

Could someone that knows a bit about how much rake I need to accumulate before I can withdraw all my funds from 770 help me out please.

Matt
      Hi, Matt...
      May I suggest that this question is better directed to Poker770 Customer Service?

I may know "a bit about" how much rake you need, but I would hate to give you the wrong advice.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by Bookie22
      Hi again

Matt
      Hi, Matt...
      May I suggest that this question is better directed to Poker770 Customer Service?

I may know "a bit about" how much rake you need, but I would hate to give you the wrong advice.

Best of luck,
      --VS
      Ok thanks all the same.

My pending withdrawel has now dissapeared!! Just have to wait and see I guess if it turns up in my bank account. I will take it as a promising sign anyway.
    • Bookie22
      Bookie22
      Bronze
      A bit of a late reply as Ive been on holiday and now back at Uni but the payment to my CC went through without any problems :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great news :)