High Volum Player Without a Linked Account

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Hey guys !

Currently i am grinding out the the 50c/$1 FR Fixed Limit tables at PokerStars and will be moving to $1/$2 most likely before the end of the month. Last month i played 20 000+ hands and so far in this month i have already played 29 000 hands. I play 8 tables at once in 4 hour sessions.

Back in the day, about 2.5 years ago, when i first discovered poker i was that guy who opened poker account at all the rooms and was multi tabling freerolls. Only 2 months ago did i start making use of the pokerstrategy material, and am loving the approach.

My problem now is that as i am a fixed limit player and i like to multi table. PokerStars is the best site for me due to volume of players that allow me to do table selection. Thing is i created my account 2006 June and am unable to link it to poker strategy.

Now what i am looking for is an exception to the rule.

My motivation is as follows :
        I am high volume player 20 000+ plus a month.
        I play at PokerStars because of pokerstrategy.
        I would hate to be forced to move over to Mansion so that i can make strategy points. Thus PokerStars losing out on my rake.
        If i cant get poker strategy points i may find myself looking for my education material elsewhere and leaving the site all together.

I dunno if any of the pokerstrategy admin/moderators ppl could speak to poker stars on my behalf.

I just really want to take FULL advantage of the site (learning materials, rake races, access to silver+ forums hand posting etc). This month alone i think i would be on Diamond status already.

Hope the length and tone of my post is a good indication of my despeartion to get my account linked at poker stars

Thanks!
  • 20 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Evilpopcorn,

You are sadly one of many high volume players that wants to have their account tracked with PokerStars - but currently cannot. We are working together with PokerStars in trying to find a solution to the problem of re-tracking members - but sadly the problem is in their hands and not ours.

Since PokerStars does not make exceptions, not even for high volume players, all you can do is wait, or play at other sites in order to collect strategy points. For FixedLimit players, Titan is certainly an alternative that also offers a currently nice rakeback with $10 per $25 of rake.

I sadly cannot predict if it will ever be possible to retrack accounts and when it would happen.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey evilpopcorn,

it's sad but true. I am not linked to PokerStrategy on Stars either. You see, even I have no choice. I tried to convince them via e-mail, but it didn't work. As SoyCD said, we are working on finding a solution, but at the moment there is nothing else we can do. Have you tried to get retracked on Titan Poker? That's what I would suggest.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Sigh.

There reasoning for not wanting to get our account tracked ?

I assume it would be something along the lines of the affiliate program is meant to attract new players to the sites, not already existing ones ?

You would think the poker room would jump at the chance to keep the high volume players at their site. I mean they can make it even kinda specific like you account is only tracked if u play over 20K hands, and u lose ur tracking status the first month u dont put in 20K hands etc.

How bout if u want your old account to be tracked at Poker Stars that then you cant be tracked at ANY other poker rooms ? A commitment from a high volume player. i mean come on! Its like xmas for them.

How about a petetion of all the high volume old poker stars accounts ? Would this get their attention?

Altho i guess u guys have thought about this all and tried, just ranting now i guess...sigh...
    • jini
      jini
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm playing at pokerstars 0,5/1 and 1/2 FL FR, more than 30K hand in a month too.
      Tried to send them emails, but they don't want to link my account anyway. So some kind a solution would be great.
      I waiting patiently for it. :D
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Well, there are some negotiations going on. Let's the what' s the outcome.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      jini i take it we must play alot on the same tables then ? :D
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I know how you feel. I have registered both on FTP and Pokerstars before joining the pokerstrategy. I sent e-mail to FTP support but they replied that they can't retrack my account and they put me on the some kind of waiting list ...
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Well, you'll find a lot of fish on other platforms. The use you have from climbing up in status and therefore having access to more and more content is way higher compared to the advantages of a certain platform.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Well, you'll find a lot of fish on other platforms. The use you have from climbing up in status and therefore having access to more and more content is way higher compared to the advantages of a certain platform.
      1. rake on Titan is almost twice as much as on Stars
      2. even with rakeback it's few %'s higher (+ you have nice rewards in FPPs on the top)
      3. there're not enough FL tables to multitable during the day (except evening of course)
      4. Titan software is soooo slow: you can play 25% more hands on Stars in hour

and so on... :(

but playing few hands per month just to keep at least gold status is probably the way to go
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      0.5/1 is High Volume player? :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      there's difference between high-volume and high-stakes ;)
      30k+ hands per month could easily be high-volume player..
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      You are asking why they don't want to track.

Simple tracking you to one site means paying them some part of money from your rake(how much is that only some at Stars and pokerstrategy in this case know).

And why would they do that if they know that their service is one of best atm if not the best. And they are far the biggest!

Calculate a bit. When they start doing this lots of players will want to change it and if you compare losing maybe 5% to tracking 100% of them i think losing 5% is better. I mean you high volume players are at least platinum star there which already have some nice benefits and you like stars etc.

Is just logical to me that they won't accept that until some other provider can start matching them more. I mean Stars at worse times have 30k players playing (at peaks even 150k+) while party, FTP, ongame, ipoker(closest competition) at peaks hardly get over 30k for two hours in row. The difference is huge here and until it won't get much smaller i don't see they would change that rule.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      sad but true :(
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      there's difference between high-volume and high-stakes ;)
      30k+ hands per month could easily be high-volume player..
      ah... Nice to know ;)
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      The other difference is that the high stakes players prob dont care about this :D
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      These "negotiations" between PokerStrategy and Pokerstars seem to have been going on for months now - I would think that if Stars was willing at all to budge then it could be worked out in a few hours, couple of days at most. Obviously it isnt going to happen.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      These "negotiations" between PokerStrategy and Pokerstars seem to have been going on for months now ...
      Make that "years" :D
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      What if pokerstrategy.com make a list of all the players that wants to switch site to PokerStars if they get re-tracked. And then they send the list to pokerstars with all the names of the players with information what limit they play and expected played hands/month.

Then PokerStars can do the calculation themself and see how EV+ it is for them..
    • Voetsel
      Voetsel
      Bronze
      Any news to this whole PokerStars/PokerStrategy deal yet? I'm still untracked, and I tried via the affiliate email but they still wouldn't help me.