Translate Video

• extpan
      extpan
      Silver
      Hello,I just want ask is posible that someone(coaching,or dont know who..) translate video article from German pokerstrategy to english?Because there is a lot more video but dont understand German soo X( X( ...tnx
  • 11 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I would do that but I have no idea how I should :>
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Our goal is of course to offer at least the same video quantity and quality in English as in German.

Partly by translation, partly by original production we will eventually reach this goal. Many videos are very hard to translate (the "normal" coaching videos).

Skillful speakers/translaters are of course always sought-after and should apply! :)
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Xantos,
      I want more videos too :) but why only from German?I know Italian and Russian and they have some exceptionally good videos (NL HU,MTT,LAG style etc.).I`m pretty sure that other communities have their own pearls of wisdom too. I think most producers know English and maybe would be interested to present their best videos to international public.PS has got so vast recourses,why not to use them. We can cope with their accent coz many of us not native speakers :D .
      Good luck :)
      P.S sorry ,little bit off topic but I use my chance.
      maybe PS can record(only sound) hand evaluation coachings and do podcast which can be sticked to the thread.This is coz sometimes coaching too early for me or other coaching at the same time :) .I know I will loose some interactive features,but it`s better to have podcast than nothing.
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      It's "-ev" to translate videos imo, way more effective to make new ones.
      My wish is to see more userreviews in lowstakes and midstakes FL in english. User sends in uncommented video of 2-4 tables, and coach says what he thinks is wrong or how he'd play it differently.
      I liked the King for a day Series on DC alot, which is the same approach. Since I want to polish up my FL lowstakes game, I'd volunteer for some lowstakes or microstakes FL videos.

What do you admins think of that?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Good idea hova. We already did that once but I think we can arrange something again in the near future. ;)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      That could be nice... i'm turning FL player since tournaments are too long... u spend 3h to get 0% while another one spend 30mn more to get 25%of the pot. Just because he had the guts to donk out ... u not... X( well i just finished 7th with 5players paid!!!

And i really enjoyed the few times i tried limits. Was really exciting since you get more action( my guess)

New videos of low-limits FL would be great. I just think it's harder to play them since everyone seem to call preflop bets to see the flop with any 2. So anything can happens!!!
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      i was entering the feedback and suggestions section to start a new post for the german videos and there they are on the first theme :D

Imo will be very nice all the videos to be translate. Maybe not a "word for a word" translation, but a review or something like that.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Some videos would be nice to see translated. Schniblors NL400 vid for example is very very good and is really worth it.
    • JvanHealen
      JvanHealen
      Bronze
      I can easily translate anything from German into English. If anyone needs any help with anything just let me know. I could also make new videos but I dont know how that would go with pokerstrategy admin. I have already sent them an info request for a translator position, so hopefully I hear from them soon.

In the meantime...if you guys need anything Specific (I dont know how broad I can go with whatever you throw at me lol) , then send me a message.

Viel Glück an die tische!!!!

JvanHealen
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      Skillful speakers/translaters are of course always sought-after and should apply! :)
      *cough*

Why? :tongue:
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Drakhor
      Originally posted by Xantos
      *cough*

Why? :tongue:
      I hear they're looking for ones that aren't complete tools, but that's beside the point. What you need for a video translation is a (simultaneous) interpreter (or, transcribe, translate and speak, but that's very long), but they're very exepnsive...
      so yeah, get more video producers (or revise your payment methods to get more videos from the existing coaches...)