software tools not working

• ak783
      ak783
      Bronze
      "installation package could not be opened contact vendor to verify for valid installation package". im receiving this type of message even after i switched off the firewall and again downlaoded the icm trainer, even tried in compatiability modes but not working. i got windows 7 home basic 64 bit .
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ak783
      "installation package could not be opened contact vendor to verify for valid installation package". im receiving this type of message even after i switched off the firewall and again downlaoded the icm trainer, even tried in compatiability modes but not working. i got windows 7 home basic 64 bit .
      Hi, ak783
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

Try this to fix your problem...
        Make sure that you are running as administrator.
        Turn off UAC (From HM2 FAQ page)
        Make sure that you have the proper rights to the folder in which you are installing the program.
        Make sure that the download is not corrupt. The only way I know how to do this is to download once, rename the file and download again. Compare the file sizes. If they're not the same then you definitely have corruption. Even if they are the same you might still have corruption, so it is not a perfect test. If you know how to get md5 checksums, then that is a definitive test.
        Remember that you are installing a 32-bit program, not a 64-bit one.

That's all I can think of.

Best of luck,
      --VS