The most emotional sports moments

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Ladies and gents,

I believe many poker players enjoy different sports, but in order to be successful at the tables we are often forced to hide our emotions. However, when it comes to other sports, I believe we can show to the world how emotional we can be off the tables!

Question: What is the most emotional sporting moment you have ever seen?
      Post your favourites here and tell us why.

To start things off, here are two of the most emotional moments for me. It is not a coincidence that both comes from football!

1) Slovenia v Ukraine, goal scored by Mile Ačimovič. This was first of two qualifying matches for EURO 2000. I still get tears of joy when the commentator says "David Beckham, where are you now?". Such an incredible moment.

2) Julio Sergio, AS Roma's goalkeeper, hurt his ankle. As I am big fan of this club I watched that match on TV. He remained in goal and cried with the pain. This was so heartbreaking, I think I cried as well! :f_cry: :f_cry:

• 48 replies
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Number 2 is misleading. He was actually crying because he remembered the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones.
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      When manchester city won premier league 2011-2012 after 40 years. They needed a win against QPR and they were losing 1-2 at 90'. Then dzecko scores at 92' and aguero scores at 94' to ed it 3-2 and win the premier league over manchester united. It was unbelievable.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      When manchester city won premier league 2011-2012 after 40 years. They needed a win against QPR and they were losing 1-2 at 90'. Then dzecko scores at 92' and aguero scores at 94' to ed it 3-2 and win the premier league over manchester united. It was unbelievable.

Oh, i remember that. And what a disappointment that was for ManU fans.
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze

Oh, i remember that. And what a disappointment that was for ManU fans.
      Yeah I was watching it with my brother I'm an Arsenal fan, he is Manchester United's and he was so mad. He couldn't stop jabbering about how they bought that game :D . I felt quite bad for him but then I saw how everyone got in the field celebrating I imagined how would it be when Arsenal wins a premier league again and I felt like they deserved it. Ofc I didn't say it out loud but it was quite emotional seeing those thousand of people in the field going crazy after winning premier league to their rival after 40 years after seeing most of them crying at 90' when it was almost over and they were losing.

Never give up :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Here is the story you are talking about in less than 4 minutes. Incredible.

• BradNitt
      BradNitt
      Silver

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I'm sensing a theme there BradNitt........
    • biogas
      biogas
      Gold
      Some non-football related moment. LTU lost, but the USA was shaken.

At 3:41 it gets to the maximum and at 4:03 it's all lost... Just one shot that could have changed basketball history.

And another moment from eurobasket final. The jugde was so yugoslavian sided, that LTU team just refused to play (4:31), but finished the game in the end with everyone outraged.

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      A nice fun guy and a mate.

He actually turned up to matches when he could hardly stand up out of his seat from the pain and fatigue of the chemotherapy.

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Championship play-off semi final 2nd leg 2013. 2-2 aggregate. Last minute of the game. Winner goes to Wembley with a chance of being promoted to the premier league. Then this happens!!!

Shame we didn't finish the job at Wembley. Watford deserved promotion that season missing out on 2nd place on the last day of the season with a double keeper injury. We'll go up this season though :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      How many tears where there guys. Tears of joy and tears of disappointment and sadness. I know how Lithuania loves basketball and what moments there were. To bad they lost both matches. And congratulation for this year second place at Eurobasket. Well done Lithuania well done.

Then to early end of life of snooker's golden boy. He passed away at only 27 :f_cry: .

And what a fantastic Watford victory after that penalty. That was again a drama written by football. Thank you guys. So many emotions.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      The greatest comeback in modern football considering the prize at stake?

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Prior to the above...

Last game of the Group stage, Liverpool needed to win by 2 clear goals to usurp Olympiakos and make the last 16 of the competition.

Liverpool were 2-1 up with 4 minutes to play.....

Up steps Steven Gerrard......

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      My first 300 score at ten-pin bowling was pretty emotional. My coach had worked me so hard the past 3 weeks, I'd taken the skin right off the end of my thumb. It took months for the fingerprints to show back but damn that felt good! :D
    • Crokid
      Crokid
      Bronze
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I totally agree, Rijeka win was sensational over Stuttgart. I watched the match on TV from Rijeka and guys were a bit said after they received that goal for 2:1. But what a great ending.

My first 300 score at ten-pin bowling was pretty emotional. My coach had worked me so hard the past 3 weeks, I'd taken the skin right off the end of my thumb. It took months for the fingerprints to show back but damn that felt good! grin

Congratulations on that achievement. Wow that really had to feel awesome. I cannot imagine what was your heart rate when you had to throw your last ball for the 300. Congratulations.
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I defy you not to cry and cheer at this

• Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883

1) Slovenia v Ukraine, goal scored by Mile Ačimovič. This was first of two qualifying matches for EURO 2000. I still get tears of joy when the commentator says "David Beckham, where are you now?". Such an incredible moment.
      Was at the game... Still a kid, but boy was it epic :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      @BarryCarter : Go Jason go Jason. I read on Wiki that he is still very active boy. Great story.

@Skodljivec: yeah that was epic. Our neglected stadium Bežigrad had so much soul. To bad what happened to it.

What have we done??? :facepalm: