Standart AK play

• sentin1ty
      sentin1ty
      Bronze
      What should be standart play with these hands (AKs,AKo) im having down to 9BI with these hands particulaly. I dont think that 4bet fold is option here or 3bet fold, but when i'm shoving it preflop i'm againts KK+ range most of the time. Game is 6max zoom
  • 4 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      It means that you are doing it against the wrong players. If some is 3betting only 3% range obv most of the time you will be crushed when they 4bet.

In general, if someone 3bets me with 3% and I have AK, I would just flat the 3bet IP. If OOP I would probably fold AKo but call AKs - depends. If someone is 3betting 6-8% range I will definitely flat IP and sometimes 4bet OOP, if someone is 3betting more than 8% I will always flat IP and I will sometimes 4bet shove OOP vs them.

So the problem maybe you are having is that you choose the wrong villains.

KNOW YOUR VILLAIN in the first place before making a play.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      There are definitely spots where you want to get it in.

However, often vs strong opening ranges such as UTG, it is not actually profitable to 3b/5b these hands.
    • sentin1ty
      sentin1ty
      Bronze
      Well i know how to play when I am 3betted. But what to do when villain just 4bets you? Is flatting an option there?
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Depends how deep.

If we are 100bb eff. stacks, then flatting 4bet is crazy, because we are mostly playing it to hit, but not always we are ahead once hit. IMO it is just donating money, we get 4bet by someone who is 4betting range of roughly 6-7%, I am shoving 100bb deep. If I get 4bet by >5% range I am folding and won't regret it.

EDIT: If we flat 4bet with AK our playability and maneuverability is decreased drastically because of shallow stacks postflop.