Pleno 1 latest zoom video feedback

• atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Hi!

I dont wanna be rude, but lets get started... It is eaiser to write comments here when theres a lot of hands(hard to see this in the comment section of the video)

This is the second time I see your video. I didn't like some spots in the video, so I rather slept some before rewatching.
      Why do you have so small sample sizes if this is your main limit?

4:13 22: you cant really say he is a nit cause you dont have sample size so you should play against him as unknown. I think I like the flat more but I don’t hate 3betting tho. Flop and turn is good, but I absolutely don’t like your river decision. If you were a nit it would be maybe ok to just call, but man you play hyper aggro (at least in this video) and every player can see that you are always out of the line. But this is not just matter of balancing but EV too. I think not shoving is bad in both regard. And Im 100% sure that if you have weak Tx OTR you would have fistpump shove as a bluff.

AA against shorty: Without further info (for example: he will spazz when feel weakness; barrelhappy etc) it is a mistake-not a huge one- to not broke.

22:00 AKo: he is 3betting so small and you didn’t 4b when you are deep? You don’t even know if he is a reg. This is just a huge mistake to not 3bet against a gay 3b vs unknown. Sorry to write this again but Im sure that if you had some A6o or something like there you would 4b.
      22:27 95s: I don’t hate the pre call altough I don’t think that is significantly better than neutral ev. Against the total unknown recreational player the xr is just burning money. He bet small but you can never know whether he wish to fold or just bet something small with the intention of not folding. I think calling>folding>xr. Turn and river plan was good.
      24:30 AJo: Why do you check foldto4b stat when you have 300 sample size? This not make any kind of sense.
      28:30 AK: flop is ok, but why check turn? This is a card that you should barrel in order to being able to 3barrel bluff and because it is the most +ev line when no furher info is available. You say that he will bluff clubs too. But you block at least half of his clubdraws.So once again this check is awful both in game theory both in pure EV wise.
      30:45 K7s: I dont love your 3bet size when being this deep. You should bet bigger, cause you wish to build a bigger pot when being the aggressor in position and with decent range. Flop betsize is bad too. Ok, it is maybe good for your hand, but bad for your range. Your range hit this board well and being deep so I don’t see the point of cbetting half pot with your whole range nor splitting your range into multiple betsizes.

32:55 88: what kind of bluffs would you balance this betsize? I think that as soon as his range is capped and yours not the best strategy here is to bet really big(pot or overpot) here both for thin value, nuts and for bluffs (FD-s mostly) against an UNKNOWN reg. Your play would be well if you had notes on him like ’biting when see a small bet’ but this betsize without read is just a very big mistake range wise. I won’t comment your river play cause I have no idea because I would never find myself a spot like this. Anyway it was good cause it worked out well, right?

35:10: I don’t see the point of making 2 or 3 different betsize here. Your betsize does not accomplish anything and very hard to balance it well. I would split my range into a ch and a bet (0,6psb) range. Don’t need to make life hard.

35:45 98o: you have 3 hands from a guy who sits with 50bb. Why bother 3betting? 1. If he is a recreational player then 98o is too weak to iso3b, and for bluff why would we want to 3bet a recreational player without further info. 2. If he is a professional shortie then we dont know his fold to 3b stat so we wish to 3bet with ’good’ blockers as bluff and hands that we want to broke with. 98 doesnt accomplish anything just the feeling in me that you 3bet every single opportunity.

36:40 AKs: I don’t see any reason to bet 4/5 pot there . One of them will hit there something most of the time. They wont let go a Qx to your big size. A recreational player wont let go a JJ there. I think it is better to cbet small and push turns on clubs or not cbetting with AK.

40:00 T7o: it is a bad bluff. You didnt rep anything just a rivered QQ. I would not see you checking AK,KK twice, and then boom river. If you do this, it doesnt matter BECAUSE IT IS NEVER IN YOUR PERCEIVED RANGE. He can fold a Kx, but no way he will fold Ax to your line ever. And you risk too much to win a small pot. He has to fold 71% of the time. Will he? No way. And then thinking about calling? WAT?
      43:55 22: you say he fold 100% to 3bets. You have 3 hand samplesize…Flop: you bet small, when want to induce and bet big when you wish to get a fold? Makes sense…

44:32 A9: I dont see any reason to blow the pot OTF.It is a very std call against UNKNOWN.
      44:50: A7o 33 3bet after 11 hand… You shouldnt say this just something "he is unknown".

50:12 AQo: betting small when wants call/induce and betting big when wants fold? Sorry but thats your betting pattern I got after watching this.
      52:00 KQo: you 3bet him because he folds to 3bet a lot after small samplesize. Okay, but after you got the 4b, you level yourself into a clueless decision. You 3bet the guy vs utg cause he folds a lot, but then click an 5b to his face? So then what? Do this guy fold to 3bets or not? If yes, why would you ever wanna 5b bluff? If not, why would you wish to 3bet KQo against utg? This move doesnt make any kind of sense. Sorry man but this hand was a torture to see.

Sorry but I don’t like this video at all. I am not hater or anything,but seems like you just wanted to show us how ’well’ you play and this was your first priority so you just ignored the fact that those plays how fit with your ranges. Maybe you consumed a lot of caffeine or other substance ( you clicked 10 times before making a decision, moving the mouse very quickly, having a hero complex in every single hand). I saw the video twice before making this comment and I thought a lot about it between the 2 watching. Altough it is good video to watch with your funny and unhesiating comments but I don’t think that a player can learn anything from it.
      I dont say that you are a bad player or anything because I can only make conclusion from this video which I dont like.

I think we can discuss it here better. Sorry if I dont put this to its right place.

GUYS! Have we seen the same video?
  • 26 replies
    • GrimTheCat
      GrimTheCat
      Bronze
      this is the link of the video:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/30692/
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Thank you sir!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey youre talking about the diamond video right? What stakes do you currently play and Ill write a response relevant to you.
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      (100)-200-(400)

So yeah what I predicted. I just don't get your super style. ;)

(or maybe you got your conclusion about my status here like you got conclusion to 5b vs utg with 50 sample size)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      In the middle of a big session but will sit out for you sir. Its going to take a while to go through all of your questions, re watch and then write an answer. But whatever.

In terms of sample size I just have a recent computer but recent relevant graph is exactly 100,301 hands and Im winning at exactly 6.00bb-100.

Originally posted by atton64
      Hi!

I dont wanna be rude, but lets get started... It is eaiser to write comments here when theres a lot of hands(hard to see this in the comment section of the video)

This is the second time I see your video. I didn't like some spots in the video, so I rather slept some before rewatching.
      Why do you have so small sample sizes if this is your main limit?

4:13 22: you cant really say he is a nit cause you dont have sample size so you should play against him as unknown. I think I like the flat more but I don’t hate 3betting tho. Flop and turn is good, but I absolutely don’t like your river decision. If you were a nit it would be maybe ok to just call, but man you play hyper aggro (at least in this video) and every player can see that you are always out of the line. But this is not just matter of balancing but EV too. I think not shoving is bad in both regard. And Im 100% sure that if you have weak Tx OTR you would have fistpump shove as a bluff.

If this is going to be the main arguments then Im going to just say "repeat" when referring to it. The video isnt about playing perfectly in the one video with the sample sizes, I just refer to the stats and pretend they are infinity sample so that I can show what things to refer to on the HUD etc. If it loses me a tiny bit of ev then oh well. But I played the hand against him as an unknown anyway so it doesnt matter. 22 IMO is a better hand to 3bet than flat and I mention the reasons in the video. Ive spoke about the river with 2 other players and dont think its close, think calling is by far the best play.

"Playing hyper aggressively" er guilty?

I wouldnt have shoved a T otr, so no offence but you cant be 100% sure about anything, especially when your first 100% assumption is completely wrong.

AA against shorty: Without further info (for example: he will spazz when feel weakness; barrelhappy etc) it is a mistake-not a huge one- to not broke.

Im not going to go through the whole video myself again to find each hand sorry, if you give me a time then I will look.

Edit, I did just skim through but I cant find X(

22:00 AKo: he is 3betting so small and you didn’t 3b when you are deep? You don’t even know if he is a reg. This is just a huge mistake to not 3bet against a gay 3b vs unknown. Sorry to write this again but Im sure that if you had some A6o or something like there you would 4b.

Meh, 4betting is fine, I think its probably best, although keeping SPR low and playing in position is wte, but 4betting probably best.

22:27 95s: I don’t hate the pre call altough I don’t think that is significantly better than neutral ev. Against the total unknown recreational player the xr is just burning money. He bet small but you can never know whether he wish to fold or just bet something small with the intention of not folding. I think calling>folding>xr. Turn and river plan was good.

I think the call is super standard. Disagree regarding raising is burning money. Im risking 23 to win 21 and population tendancies are that people who bet 3rd pot when checked to are usually very weak. I think raising, folding, calling in that order is best. Im glad you approve of turn!

24:30 AJo: Why do you check foldto4b stat when you have 300 sample size? This not make any kind of sense.

Repeat.

28:30 AK: flop is ok, but why check turn? This is a card that you should barrel in order to being able to 3barrel bluff and because it is the most +ev line when no furher info is available. You say that he will bluff clubs too. But you block at least half of his clubdraws.So once again this check is awful both in game theory both in pure EV wise.

Im glad you think the flop is OK! I meant that he will bluff club run outs rather than bluff with club. I didnt feel like we had a triple barrel for value vs this population tendancie and thus c called vs what I expected would be an overly ambitious floating range vs my bet sizing otf. Tripling with the intention of jamming river would be too thin, but a common mistake I see at 200 zoom. At 500 I prefer bbj. But thats what makes winrates so varied in zoom, adapating to the game and the population tendancies.

30:45 K7s: I dont love your 3bet size when being this deep. You should bet bigger, cause you wish to build a bigger pot when being the aggressor in position and with decent range. Flop betsize is bad too. Ok, it is maybe good for your hand, but bad for your range. Your range hit this board well and being deep so I don’t see the point of cbetting half pot with your whole range nor splitting your range into multiple betsizes.

I dont think my actual range hits this board that well. My 3betting range will be pretty non ace heavy and although I have a bunch of ak-aq combos in my range, I prefer the strategy of having a super cheap cbet bluff on this board and sacrificing the potential ev I lose vs dominated aces, that will also probably not call 3 big streets, also imagine the hands he does choose to fold pre flop vs the 3bet are dominated Ax. Your points are valid though.

32:55 88: what kind of bluffs would you balance this betsize? I think that as soon as his range is capped and yours not the best strategy here is to bet really big(pot or overpot) here both for thin value, nuts and for bluffs (FD-s mostly) against an UNKNOWN reg. Your play would be well if you had notes on him like ’biting when see a small bet’ but this betsize without read is just a very big mistake range wise. I won’t comment your river play cause I have no idea because I would never find myself a spot like this. Anyway it was good cause it worked out well, right?

I again disagree massively and think river is perfect due to population tendancies. Im not sure about your sarcastic comment but the fact it did happen I guess does give my argument some justification. It was not just a random spontaneous river line where I was like this could be cool, but it was set up from the turn as I said.

35:10: I don’t see the point of making 2 or 3 different betsize here. Your betsize does not accomplish anything and very hard to balance it well. I would split my range into a ch and a bet (0,6psb) range. Don’t need to make life hard.

35:45 98o: you have 3 hands from a guy who sits with 50bb. Why bother 3betting? 1. If he is a recreational player then 98o is too weak to iso3b, and for bluff why would we want to 3bet a recreational player without further info. 2. If he is a professional shortie then we dont know his fold to 3b stat so we wish to 3bet with ’good’ blockers as bluff and hands that we want to broke with. 98 doesnt accomplish anything just the feeling in me that you 3bet every single opportunity.

Due to his stack size I made an assumption he is a fish. I feel like playing as many pots as possible vs the fish is important. I would potentially fold pre flop in my own games, but getting into 3bet pots and discussing the players ranges and how they will play is how people will learn from watching the video imo. Also, I mean what is "good blockers" vs a fish. If they are going to call 3bets really wide anyway then Ax and Kx isnt a blocker and 98o plays way better than axo.

36:40 AKs: I don’t see any reason to bet 4/5 pot there . One of them will hit there something most of the time. They wont let go a Qx to your big size. A recreational player wont let go a JJ there. I think it is better to cbet small and push turns on clubs or not cbetting with AK.

Disagree, heads up a fish may call JJ, if I bet smaller 3 way they may call, but 3 way and vs this sizing they will v v likely fold. I imagine their continuing ranges are Qx plus and why I made the bet. I think cbetting small is not great, without backdoors its terrible and with backdoors its meh.

40:00 T7o: it is a bad bluff. You didnt rep anything just a rivered QQ. I would not see you checking AK,KK twice, and then boom river. If you do this, it doesnt matter BECAUSE IT IS NEVER IN YOUR PERCEIVED RANGE. He can fold a Kx, but no way he will fold Ax to your line ever. And you risk too much to win a small pot. He has to fold 71% of the time. Will he? No way. And then thinking about calling? WAT?

I dont think he has much Ax in his range when he ebts 24 into 30 actually I think his range is mostly Jx and I feel like the raise will get a lot of credit generally. If you wrote down every thought youve ever had in every pot then Id probably say WAT to you too especially when you are recording 4 tables live lol, Almost every time I do something its from process of elimination so I go, I could do err, think, ponder, no thats terrible, yes this is much better line.

43:55 22: you say he fold 100% to 3bets. You have 3 hand samplesize…Flop: you bet small, when want to induce and bet big when you wish to get a fold? Makes sense…

"repeat" yeah vs unknowns I assume they will fold more when we bet bigger and call more or raise more when we bet smaller, generally at stakes like 200 when its mainly bad regs, multitabling regs or fish following this will work.

44:32 A9: I dont see any reason to blow the pot OTF.It is a very std call against UNKNOWN.

Calling flop is legit and I would call probably 80% of the time, was trying to show a line where I would raise flop, check back turn and pot river or something funky to show alternative lines. Think we can even go for value ott in hindsight and prefer betting turn when we raise flop and checking back river. Although if Im raising all my 2 pairs and strong aces then my calling range becomes weak, but vs unknowns who lead Id rather play in a vacuum.

44:50: A7o 33 3bet after 11 hand… You shouldnt say this just something "he is unknown".

"Repeat" :) was trying to show vs guys who 3bet alot form sb we should 4bet alot as they wont peel much oop.

50:12 AQo: betting small when wants call/induce and betting big when wants fold? Sorry but thats your betting pattern I got after watching this.

Come battle me then heh. Explained above and obviously adjust with reads and or history.

52:00 KQo: you 3bet him because he folds to 3bet a lot after small samplesize. Okay, but after you got the 4b, you level yourself into a clueless decision. You 3bet the guy vs utg cause he folds a lot, but then click an 5b to his face? So then what? Do this guy fold to 3bets or not? If yes, why would you ever wanna 5b bluff? If not, why would you wish to 3bet KQo against utg? This move doesnt make any kind of sense. Sorry man but this hand was a torture to see.

Yeah folding is obviously best. I think we said at the time that we would just "go for it" leaning to the reasons that its unlikely he gets anything less in than KK and AA over 150bbs deep and depending on his poker logic may now just sigh fold jj-qq or AQ. I would always call AQs and flat KQs pre, so if I want to have any bluffing range then a hand like this is one of the only ones I have, but wte folding is obviously best.

Sorry but I don’t like this video at all. I am not hater or anything,but seems like you just wanted to show us how ’well’ you play and this was your first priority so you just ignored the fact that those plays how fit with your ranges. Maybe you consumed a lot of caffeine or other substance ( you clicked 10 times before making a decision, moving the mouse very quickly, having a hero complex in every single hand). I saw the video twice before making this comment and I thought a lot about it between the 2 watching. Altough it is good video to watch with your funny and unhesiating comments but I don’t think that a player can learn anything from it.
      I dont say that you are a bad player or anything because I can only make conclusion from this video which I dont like.

I think we can discuss it here better. Sorry if I dont put this to its right place.

GUYS! Have we seen the same video?

Most people complain that videos dont have enough action or they are boring. I attemped a 4 tabling zoom session which under normal circumstances a lot of people struggle to play perfectly. I on top decided to do recording live when I was playing AND speak about EVERY decision whilst still playing. Its a very tough thing to do so sometimes of course my brain may be thinking of 1 thing or anohter when trying to discuss something whilst having a hard decision. Its a very hard thing to do but it was what people wanted.

In terms of showing how good I am. Well I make a video the same way I play normally, so Im showing how I play and lines that I take. The video isnt made to show people how good I am but the video will always show how good or bad the video is. FWIW, anybody who knows me properly, ImFromSweden for example will tell you that this is exactly how I play and it wasnt me trying to be funky or creative.

We played for 1 hour and 4 tables so 250x4 is 1000 hands in this video and you onk disagreed with 9 of the hands meaning you agreed with 99% of the hands! If I was playing completely readless and not wanting to speak or bring up close spots or alternative lines then I guess 5 out of your 9 hands I would have erred on the side of caution and then would leave 4 hands which would be 0.5% of the video!

The 88 hand I would always stand by and the fact he shoved and it worked just helped us a little bit in the argument rather than having a "100% sure" comment that he wouldnt shove 99 etc.

The kxhh hand where we have different flop bet sizes, I think your line is completely legit and fine.

The AK hand with big cbet we disagree about population tendancies of amateurs conti uing in hands etc, sure no biggy.

A couple others in the video comments also mentioned that they play a similar style and it works very well for them. Im sorry if you didnt like the video, without sounding rude you are not forced to watch them and the videos will be diamond moving forward so I wont tilt you further, if the general thoughts were that it was a bad video then I would just 2 table next time play super tight and people would learn very very little but if thats what the people want then they shall receive! Instead there is 55 comments 95% very positive and 22 5 star votes so I think keeping with the 4 tabling zoom and making 1% mistakes is going to be fine.

If you want for your peace of mind I will make a 2 tabling 20 minute video saying every hand, "ahhh no sample size, just fold" and playing very ABC, but from your comments you seem like a decent player and I doubt you would learn anything from that.

If however you take 2 things from the video, perhaps the bet flop, check turn, check raise river with jt line or something that you else that you didnt mention then I think it would be FAR more constructive for you than watching me nit it up.

Also giving me stick for clicking my mouse 10 times between decisions is a little unfair, its probably like 3 or 4 and Im thinking of 1000 decisions in 60 minutes while trying to tell everybody.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by atton64
      (100)-200-(400)

So yeah what I predicted. I just don't get your super style. ;)

(or maybe you got your conclusion about my status here like you got conclusion to 5b vs utg with 50 sample size)
      Sorry, just spent an hour trying to reply to you. Its hard having to go back over the hand again and find it in the video etc.

I didnt want to do that and then find out you were a 10nl player (population tendancies bro :tongue: ) and then have to explain why 4bet folding AK is for suckers.

Oh you live in Hungary too? Budapest? Ill buy you dinner sometime this weak if so!

Thanks for the feedback and I truly believe that one of the biggest reasons people struggle at small stakes is from trying to play GTO ALL of the time. Trying out different bet sizes, different lines etc is what makes poker fun and if we make a mistake or lose then thats how we learn. Being scared to make a mistake will be a big stunt in most peoples growth whether that be poker, soccer or politics.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      And the reason for the small sample sizings was that Im on a Mac since I moved to Hungary but grinding a lot now so will have a 500k sample pretty soon!

Since making the video I played basically exclusively this 200 zoom game though.

Not sure why attachment doesnt work, but link

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/r861.jpg/
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      oh and the 22 hand if you asked that question last after I realised your pov was very good in most parts I would have gave it a larger answer. But basically Im never shoving tx otr because Id bet it otf for value and protecting and he has a lot of combos that beat us as I think he flats tt and possibly jj pre, although unlikely and has all the aq combos and think his river calling range is not 2 pair.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      fwiw, I asked 15 guys who I respect in poker about the 22 hand today and every one said very clear call otr.
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Originally posted by pleno1
      fwiw, I asked 15 guys who I respect in poker about the 22 hand today and every one said very clear call otr.
      Please post names. :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      No lol If the only response you have after I spend 2 hours or so replying to you is calling me a liar then the discussion can end sir.

General concensus was

[25/09/2013 05:53:02] Patrick Leonard: btw did u see the 22 hand v v v early in the vid?
      [25/09/2013 05:53:08] Alex Carr: yes
      [25/09/2013 05:53:17] Alex Carr: i think river flat is optimal
      [25/09/2013 05:53:20] Patrick Leonard: i got a lot of stick off one guy for just calling the river
      [25/09/2013 05:53:36] Patrick Leonard: but i think its like super super standard lol
      [25/09/2013 05:53:46] Alex Carr: i think river call is std (worry)
      [25/09/2013 05:53:50] Patrick Leonard: yeh me too
      [25/09/2013 05:54:11] Alex Carr: i was trying to think of reasons to shove
      [25/09/2013 05:54:16] Alex Carr: and i couldnt think of any

[25/09/2013 13:54:10] uzair.blekher: raising would be absolutely awful lol its just a very easy call

Those 2 are only ones online but Im sure the others would have absolutely no problem posting either its not like a secret decision or something, just super standard call on the river. But again with my response and then yours I guess I shouldnt spend too much more time on this.
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      I spent 3 hours on your video+comment sir plus evaluate your answer.
      And I never called u a liar, I only wish to know whether the guys you asked are really compentent, like good enough or not too good(like playing nl5k and never played 200 in 4 years). Thats all. Because the players I know and asked say that it is super super standard at nl200 to ship.

I will reply you tomorrow or the day after t or as soon as I have time. You can imagine that I have things to do like you have.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Sure and yeh actually mostly guys who play zoom 200 or 500. One guy thought it was a clear shove but he plays high stakes (thelastnail)

Anyway lets not spend too much time here. You made a very nice post with lots of good points that I largely agreed with, I tried to reply civially. We disagree on a couple of small points I guess but nothing to lose sleep over.

God bless Hungary.
    • atton64
      atton64
      Platinum
      Hi!
      Okay I won't post my thoughts on the played hands cause it is needless.

"population tendancie" This is my favoruite phrase of your comment. It is like a magic ace from the sleeve. What can a player say to this? Should I say my experience show the opposite? Sorry but this is far from professionalism. It's okay to say once but not 4 /10 or 12 hands. It made your whole comment disbelieving.

"Most people complain that videos dont have enough action or they are boring."
      Then they should not watch any poker video except some high stakes live poker vid with funny comments and crazy ass play. It is a diamond video so maybe not for recreational or wannabe 'semi-professional' players- they do complain about "I was bored I wanted to play" so BAAMMM 7b shove a3o baby, no big deal. I and most of the professionals wish to learn something from video not watching them for entertaining purposes. It can be entertaining but I'm afraid you sacraficed your video in that altar. There won't be any problem if your video was put into the beginner/entertaining category. Your video is entertaining and it is not problem if new players think poker is about being the fanciest guy in the room.

About your graphs:
      Sorry man but you really do not astonish me with your graphs when you show me 70k hands(in your vid) and 40-50k sample. Maybe fish say: "WOW bro that is awesome". You did the opposite to me because I feel like you would like to cease me with that. This is far from a normal sample size, especially if you play zoom(with maybe higher std dev), it is like 10 day and 6 day sample. It seems like you got a decent winrate after small sample and you wish to show the world. And just to know sir I am not envy at all! It is not about that I can guarantee.

Sample size
      If you don't have sample size then: 1. buy some hands. I know this is not legal and video makers cant really do that because one of your fellow coach was banned from some site because of buying hh. But you play zoom regularly so its not like you are new to that limit and having samplesize of at least 100k from every single player. If you buy 500k hands no one will spot this nor care about. Of course if you buy 30 million hands it will attract attention. Do it smart baby! 2. Play as against unknown. It is good, of course you won't find yourself in a lot of tricky spot, but see the 2nd part of this comment pls.

I think every professionals want to see real hands based on real sample size-or play as unknown.

Maybe if you wish to make an entertaining video you should analyze the parties from the Casino royale movie(haha that would be freakin funny) or write some hand history when 4of a kind clashes another 4oK or royal flush vs straight flush. But most players based on population tendencies wish to learn from the videos.

I can confess you that if I am a new player in some poker client I kinda play the same style as you and even more crazy and dont care about balancing(underbets, overbets, not repping anything line with the stonecold nuts because regs will level themselves to call if dont understand a line, very unbalanced limpraise, and somewhat balanced limpcall, crazy 3bets with various size) and I do this to create image and lot of players made the notes and then ignore or not paying attention that after the first 10-15k on the site I will play a more solid strategy. I am very sure I dont lose any money with this first 10k hand is crazy strategy.

Thats all, sorry if it insulted you or anything that was not my intention.

You have creativity so you can make a lot of good video with a lot of cool contents.

Cheers,

A65
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I disagree completely and think that population tendancies is one of the most important things to consider in situations vs unknowns rather than playing vs unknowns in a GTO style.

I say what I think and you can say what you think though. You think its not important, I think its the most important thing.

I obviously disagree that I sacrificed the learning experience for entertainment. I think I speak a lot in the video basically all about spots, lines. I in almost every situation consider my whole range, I try as often to say "im folding here but with xzy" or "id raise xzy here so I dont need to raise here" "im opening ehre but I would fold xzy" etc etc etc.

I was making a zoom video and was just saying that here is my most recent sample. I said that I have "just started" playing these games rather than playing them long term. Then I said when i sent the second graph that "this is since the last video" so obviously signalling short term.

No I wont break the sites Terms and Conditions and buy hand histories, sorry. And I think, as described previously that playing vs somebody unknown as unknown instead of playing population tendancies is bad. But again, you disagree and thats fine, I dont mind.

You just seem to find lots of small things and come across as a hater. As I said previously lots of your comments were about very very small things and when I made 1000 decisions in the video (250 hands per table x 4) and you picked 9 pretty small things out and then told me off for "clicking my mouse too much" and lots of other very trivial things then I think I dont spend any more time in this thread. Ive been respectful to you in the comments and took time to reply to you but wont invest more time here.
    • Fiskantes
      Fiskantes
      Coach
      Coach
      Nice thread, it is always good when coaches play is challenged as much as possible (in constructive way). I just hope we won´t end up with lot of BE guys making ABC videos like some others pokersites :f_cool:
      I have one question for you as well pleno:

AQs hand vs 29/23/11 at around 0:53

You are folding to his third barrel on Q662T missed flushdraw, when you are at the TOP of your range against aggro player. I think this would be perfectly fine exploitative fold against tight player, but folding almost your entire range against such an aggro player? You basically say you are following your instincts there and screw ranges, but is it really helpful for the audience?

Also your argument about making 1000 decisions is very nice to pull but it is a bit exaggerated. If your VPIP is around 30, you only make around 400 decisions in those 1000 hands, snapfolding offsuit crap UTG etc (I hope that is really not a "decision" for you ;) ). And also from those 400 lot of them are pretty standard, which leaves us with only tens of really close/interesting hands.

Other than that I agree completely with you (also in the GTO part, when most of players are doing themselves harm trying to be balanced all the time) and I think atton could have posted in more constructive and less sarcastic/attacking way. :)

GL!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      The AQ that I mentioned was that villain had just done another big river bluff the 99 v 88 on the other table and population tendancies would tell me that hed never ever expect me to fold here and my instincts were to fold.

If I have to call just because of balance gto etc when Im pretty sure Im beat then of course Id rather just not make videos as it would be me paying to make videos if I think Im continually burning 200 dollars.

I actually think from a balance, gto etc perspective that the AQ was the "worst" hand of the video and surprised Atton didnt mention it, although I still think it was a fold in game.

Im not sure how many hands I play per hour, I will time the next hour I play and see, Im pretty sure its way above 400 though? But anyway "clicking" on the table is when I have a decision or need to press fold, but again Im not going to apologise for clicking heh.
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      There are plenty hands that include more than 1 decision, even when you don't see the flop, so I think the 1khands/hour is still a pretty good argument.

As a micro player, i'm not commenting on the play, but you could still resolve this with a HU4rollzz :s_evil:
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      You just seem to find lots of small things and come across as a hater.
      Despite your disclaimers atton64 I think I have to +1 this comment, that is definitely the way you come across. Sorry about that :f_love:

If I was still able to watch the video It would doubtless be highly educational to watch through whilst reading these comments, but sadly I'll have to wait till I'm Diamond :'(

Much Respect to both of you for taking so much time to make such detailed comments on the video.