My way up! Challenge 100$ to 10k$

• sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Hello.

My name is Edgars and I would like to make a blog about how I'll get to 10k mark :)

In short - I work a full time day job, in saturdays Im studying economics - Finance management (BRM) and playing poker on my free time. Usually Im spending like 100 hours a month on poker, so its not that bad :)

Here is my old blog from my fishy days @ poker :) Average Joe at poker

So whats happened with me since then? well.. I joined one coaching+stacking deal for 180s+MTTs in February 2013 and made quite good knowledge about the game. But ran very bad pretty much all the time (5m chips under ev @ 2.5s and about the same at 3+R). Anyways.. made some money at the end, so not the end of the world. :) In this coaching+stacking deal they offered me to coach the new players what Ill still do, but today I left the stacking part, so I can start this chalange :)

Ok so my plan is to start with 100$ and start at 1$ 90mans turbo. The aim for my challenge Nr1 (lets call it Nr1, because I have plans, what to do next. But that will wait for now :) ) is to get to 10k$. I wont put any time line here, because I really know how swingy this game can be. Ohh.. if I somehow hit a downswing @ 1$ 90mans Ill reload as many times as I need, but lets hope it wont go there :)

Why Im doing this?
      1) I need to get back my motivation to grind as I did until start of the August, when I got 9.3k$ @ 1+R 3x turbo and started to party a lot and on a way lost any motivation to play (only 1k-ish games since then lol)
      2) I need to get my trust back for MTSNG, because running b/e - slight losing for 5-6 months is not fun :D
      3) I want to show everyone that 180s is not dead yet :)

BRM:
      My BRM probably will change on the road, but at the moment it looks like this:

starting with 100$ @ 1$ 90mans
      @ 250 starting 2.5s 180s
      @ 500 adding 7s 45mans
      @1.25k adding 15s 45mans (might happen a bit later I guess)
      @ 3k will start mixing in 3+R
      @ 5-6k playing only 3+R

Made a bit longer than I wanted, but thats ok :)
      Ill wait for some responses, suggestion on what would you like to see here, so I make it as good as I can :)

Good luck at tables
      Edgars
  • 27 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      That seems like serious plan sufix :f_biggrin: I will cheer for you for sure and i already wait for your updates. I hope you won't forget about us when you will be full of $$$ :f_cool:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Hey Alan :)

Well 10k is not that much of money. :) Its not a small sum too, but still.. Its not a money that can change your lifestyle to 180 degrees :)

So Update: yesterday played small session. Played like 45 sng. 1$ 90mans and 1.5$ 45mans. Added 45mans because there wasnt enough tables running @ 1$ 90mans :/
      Lost few buyins and BR is to about 85$. Totally standard - nothing to worry about :)

Non challenge related:
      Today played few mtts @ Ipoker and shiped 3+R superturbo for 434$. :) Small win is a win too :)
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      Good luck bro, will be following.
    • JJWic3
      JJWic3
      Bronze
      Hey! Good luck with the challenge! :s_thumbsup:

PS:
      I think for the 2.5s 180man you will need a bit bigger roll cause the variance is higher than in 90 or 45man.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Glgl!!!

Just as a suggestion, you should start mixing in 3rs earlier imo and have some kind of stoploss when you stop playing them and move down. Makes no sense to wait until you have 3k roll ;)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :)

PS: I think for the 2.5s 180man you will need a bit bigger roll cause the variance is higher than in 90 or 45man.

I have been playing 2.5s and 3+R pretty much all this year - I know how ugly swings can get :) I could start to play 2.5s now, but that would be a pure gambling. :) With 250$ its a bit on aggressive side, but I dont care if I have to move back down, so 250$ will work too :) Dont want to spend more than 1 week on 1-1.5$ sngs. But in time will see how fast Ill get out :)

Just as a suggestion, you should start mixing in 3rs earlier imo and have some kind of stoploss when you stop playing them and move down. Makes no sense to wait until you have 3k roll

yeah, I might start it earlier I guess and mix in like 1 to 3 at start. :)

That all is not written in stone yet, so I might take some more aggressive shots or stay at conservative side :)
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Ok so... was a bit slow start, but today won 50$ wee
      It takes my BR to 129,74$ after 174 games total. :)
      Might play quite a lot in weekend if I wont go out for few drinks (usually its more than few drinks and all weekends just disappears :D :D )
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      nice start! Grind the weekend, best days to grind!!! (more fish and less real life spendings :D )
    • loljanka
      loljanka
      Basic
      deffintly agree with "less life spendings " :D
    • marcofurtado
      marcofurtado
      Bronze
      Nice Challenge and i will Follow..

One question, where you get motivation ?? because we all know that grind micro is not very funny.

I start my challenge and after maybe one/two day i give up, and i end up losing my BR because bad br management, but the more ridicules is i start winning str8away..
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      One question, where you get motivation ?? because we all know that grind micro is not very funny. I start my challenge and after maybe one/two day i give up, and i end up losing my BR because bad br management, but the more ridicules is i start winning str8away..

Hey marcofurtado :)

Well, first of all I wanted to see how fast I can recover if the worst happens and I lose it all. Another factor was.. I need to show myself that I can play disciplined by BRM the games that I can truly afford (I had, in fact, I have that problem right now)

All together this is just one of the things in my list that will lead me to my future. First was to get good coaching and get my game to the point I can pretty comfortably play at the limits were I can make a good living. I did that.
      This part is more or less psychically part, were I prove myself that I can play good no matter what the limits are.

About the next parts of my path Ill tell you all later, when this one will be done. But this is just a start :)
    • scett
      scett
      Bronze
      Veiksmi vecais, noteikti pasekosu liidzi :)
    • martinBAD
      martinBAD
      Bronze
      Nice goal!
      But i do not really believe you can reach it!
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      can I know the reason I couldnt do it? :)
    • marcofurtado
      marcofurtado
      Bronze
      Sure you can do!!! dont let this guys put you down.

I think is all about be professional where you put your head, and believe that u can do, 2 years 20 years no matter..

Look at me, i was a normal boy w good heat and noce job, unlucky for me my live turn 180degres when my Son born, poker is getting harder because the problems in the real world, but still believing that i Will have i nice House w/my family.

For sure is not playing Micro, BUT. if u take you eyes from the road you go see more around :)

I have Won 18.5k in 1 mtt but i still playing Micro :D why, Because money is at the bank or in your hands. and my edge was not good for sure for play with that 18.5k..

I will start my challenge day1 of next Month and i hope we can maybe change skype for some reports :)

Follow you, and gl
      Sorry my English
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      He doesnt let me down at all ;) I just wanted to know why he thinks so. In my opinion, every1 deserves a chance to say w/e he wants. If he thinks I cant do it, thats totally OK. I think I can do it, especially without any time frame.

I sent you a friend request, so we can change with contacts in private :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      How's it going??
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Tomorrow starting 2.5s :)
      Had not the best start. Needed 1 reload, but now we are back at track and ready to crush 2.5s :) BR now is 329$
      After quite bad start I made reload and played HU sng 4mans with 30 BI BRM (thats ok for them) and 10.5$ HU mtts. It was a bit swingy at start, but well I made it - I have BR to start the grind now :) Lets hope first sessions will be going well since 329$ is a bit risky to play them :D

Ohh right I didnt mentioned before about mtts. I will play them eventually, but first I need to figure out a good BRM for them. At the moment Ill play 1+R 3x turbo only, but later I would like to add some more. Any suggestions for BRM?
      Something like BR=(100+35*y/1000)*x
      x= Buyin
      y= entrants on average
      And for red ones might go a bit on a looser side (Bigs and Hots), since they ar sooo fishy.. Sounds good or I should adjust it a bit more?
      I might not play mtts at all (only exception is 1+R 3x turbo) until I hit 2k$ mark, because I have got quite long run bad in them and it can seriously slow things down for me. But if BR is 2k, then there is no risk of going broke in 2.5s and I can comfortably take any turbo mtt up to 5.5$ and some more of higher ones.
      What about BRM for 2+R,3+R 5+R and 8+R 2x turbos? Havent figured out what kind of BRM I should use for them yet.
      If miracle hits and I FT 1+R 3x turbo again. I will just keep 1k$ for challenge and cash out the rest just to make this challenge interesting and not finish it like in next 2 weeks :D
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Hello! :)

First session @ 2.5s went quite good. Played 100 sng + 1+R 3x turbo and overall made like 130$. In 2.5s won 2 of them and FT'ed like 10 or so (didnt rly count FTs, but the number should be around that number). Cashed in 1+R for the 2nd day in a row lol. Would be cool to FT in it again :D
      BR now is 452$. Feels a bit more comfortable, but still need like 200-400$ to have very healty BR for 2.5s