Hi, How I started to play poker!

• cheers4chips
      cheers4chips
      Bronze
      A friend taught me the basics in Nov 2005, I brought a chip set & cards to play at Xmas with family. In Jan I typed in Holdem poker rules and found a website called Holdem Poker which told me the rules & let me play online for play money, I did well in some play money tournaments and saw a offer of depositing $20 & get a ticket to win a WSOP ME package.
      I deposited & it was my 1st real money tourney & you can prob guess the next bit! I beat a 560 man field to win the package! I won the girlfriend up at 3am in the morning & she said "I don't believe you" they won't pay out!
      But they did :-) put money in my account for flight & paid 17 nights at the Rio & my 10k ME entry -)
      No ITM though, busted on day 2, finishing about 1400th out of about 8773 players.
  • 5 replies
    • cheers4chips
      cheers4chips
      Bronze
      Typed in free poker money and found this awesome site :-)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      OMG cheers4chips,

you already have a poker story that majority of other players can only dream about.And you are right. I am one of them who can only dream about.

Wooow 19 days in RIO. What an experience that had to be.

Did you take your girlfriend with you in RIO? Was that package for two? Oh i can only imagine what was the feeling. Such a great story.

Well that happened 8 years ago. Do you have any plans to win another package these days? :f_biggrin: :f_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      So jealous!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com cheers4chips!
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      So jealous!

Yeah, it is never to late to say welcome even if it is 2 years after your first signing :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      :O RIO 10k ME :O

waw that is something you should never forget!

So what do you play now? Do you still play MTT's or did you make the switch to SnG's or Cashgames even?

Regards

RasTweet