SN Challange, 90k VPPs for 3 months on low-mid SNGs

• jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze

Hello guys, I'm about to start my biggest poker challange so far. I make this thread for bigger discipline!
      I want to make Supernova till the end of this year on low-mid stakes sngs.
      Of course, It won't be easy, but doesn't hurt to try!
      I need 90 000 VPPs till the end of December and I think It's possible to make it happen on 15$-30$ Fifty50s.

I need ~1k avg vpps per day.

Octomber

- I will play 15$ Fifty50s , ~200 per day which gives me ~22,770 VPPs,

November

- I hope to make it to the 30$s, so 200 tournies = 45,200 VPPs

- If I have to play still 15$s, I will play 200 Fiftys per day, = ~22, 770 VPPs

December = 68k VPPs

- If I start with November with 30$s, I can affort to play 100 per day = ~22k VPPs and even take some days off during the challange.

- If I start to play 30$s in December, I'm going to play 200 per day, which gonna give me ~45,210 VPPs

So this is my plan, I think as soon I make it to the 30$s , It will be easy.

The avg time on the fifty50s is about 29 minuts or so, so I'm planning to play something like 12-15, ( eventually 18 ) tables, so it's about 35-40 per hour.
      3 session x 2 hours seems okay to me, which even gonna give me 220-240 sngs I think.

I think the possibility for succeeding is 80%

Okay, maybe I'll start with the hard grind even today, but on the end of the month I will cannot play some days, so I It's like It starts on Octomber!

Here I will only post hows the challange gioing on, I have a blog where I can share anything else.

Good day, GL HF
  • 10 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Best of luck jaarJaar!
    • 7h3r1pp4
      7h3r1pp4
      Bronze
      Good luck on your challenge. :f_thumbsup:

This will not be a easy one and I hope you can stay motivated over the time.

Cheers
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I think this is gonna be much harder than you think and you can do it but I think chance of succeeding are much much lower than 80%. ( I'll say 10-15%)

opinions?

GL!
    • Baluuu111
      Baluuu111
      Bronze
      hi, GL to your challange, but I aggree with Thazar, this not gonna be as easy as you think. :)
      Have no idea how's your game, and how your mindset, but I woud say something like 10%. (expecting to step up a limit is always a plus burden, so maybe that's an overestimate)!

I have this challange to the whole year, but it's not easy to keep the motivation level up, after some really bad sessions, weeks. :)

GL mate! I'm reall looking forward to see you succeed in this big challange!
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Thank you guys!

Yes, of course, I haven't thought even for a second that It's going to be a easy challange!
      I want to discover the grinder in me and I'll give my best, just hope that circumstances will allow me to do it, because you never know!
    • highyeah
      highyeah
      Bronze
      Gl man in your challenge :)
      I'm playin the 1.5$ and 3.5$ fifty50 games and there are softer than normal sngs :s_cool:
      BTW how much rakeback do you get when you reach supernova ?
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      thank you , good to see other Fifty players here

1VPP=3.5 FPP
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      My opinion is its pretty much setting yourself up for disaster playing for just rake especially when your goal is not worth all that much (just supernova) . Rakeback games are for experienced pros with big bank rolls who can jump straight into the higher stakes longterm.

You would be alot better off playing 18 mans or 180's for actual money and not theoretical rakeback.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Originally posted by highyeah
      Gl man in your challenge :)
      I'm playin the 1.5$ and 3.5$ fifty50 games and there are softer than normal sngs :s_cool:
      BTW how much rakeback do you get when you reach supernova ?
      Its something like 400 380 a month or less if you do it throughout the year.

I know if you start the year as supernova and get 100k to maintain it the next year its 7000$ or 580 a month.

You get 9% more rakeback. 37% instead of 28% if you start with it next year compared to getting it in the next 3 months. So I only think a 3 month grind fest to get it is worth it for the right reasons. That is if you plan to play poker full time next year and make use of the 37%. Because the 28% you will get in the next 3 months is chicken feed.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      any updates>?