Hello everybody

• godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Hello everybody,
      My name is SMS. I've been playing poker on and off for 4 years now, and It has always ended the same way, with me going bust on a huge blow-up. But lately, I've been very consistent, with my emotions in check, and I hope I'll be around a little while longer this time.
  • 10 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey SMS,

Welcome to the forum!

What does SMS stand for? Just curious :)

What games and takes have you been playing then? Besides busting your roll a few times ( :( ), did you also have any successes playing poker?

Either way, if you're looking to improve your game and prevent yourself from going busto again, then you have come to the right place!

Hopefully we'll see you around more often!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome aboard SMS!
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Hey TinoLaan,
      My nickname is a long story :D
      I've basically tried every form, and I think that has been the problem. But I think I've found the form I'm best at, and that's HUSnG. I'm currently grinding the 1$ 4-man HUSnGs at poker770, and I've been quite successful.
      Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome. :)
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Welcome aboard SMS!
      Thanks HollyMichelle !
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey SMS

Welcome to pokerstrategy.com

Is there a reason why you prefer HU SnG's? I mean it weird because you talk about blow ups and then you play a very high variance of poker. I'm not criticizing just wondering. I really can't play HU. If I play about 10 hands I'm ready to toss the computer out of the window.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey SMS

Welcome to pokerstrategy.com

Is there a reason why you prefer HU SnG's? I mean it weird because you talk about blow ups and then you play a very high variance of poker. I'm not criticizing just wondering. I really can't play HU. If I play about 10 hands I'm ready to toss the computer out of the window.

Best regards

RasTweet
      Hey RasTweet,
      Sorry for getting back to you so late. I didn't realize someone had posted here. It's because I get bored fast and make stupid mistakes, and this doesn't happen at a HU game because I get a lot of action. I also don't like to multi-table the other variants to fill the action void; I know that's not ideal, but I just can't handle multitabling.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      You're not late :D I only posted yesterday.

Thats very interesting to be honest! Never thought about it like that. I find it hard to put people on ranges but thats because I don't know what range to play myself I guess :facepalm:

I'll stick to SH for now :f_biggrin:

GL with crushing HU!!
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • Flooooky
      Flooooky
      Bronze
      Hi and welcome to pokerstrategy!
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek