770 malfunction/fake disconnection message.

• Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      This has just happened within the last hour.

I had two SNGs open on 770. Suddenly the 770 home screen flashed up, and a 'sticker' message flashed up, saying the poker client would be disconnected. An onscreen timer started counting down from 30 seconds.

I clicked the 'OK' button on the 'sticker' which caused it to disappear. I decided to play on normally until disconnection, and then notify the authorities.

What happened is that the sticker and timer then re-appeared every five seconds right in the middle of my screen for the rest of the session, and had to be 'clicked out' every time it appeared. Can you imagine how excruciatingly irritating this was?
      Watching for betting patterns?
      Watching for timing tells?
      Concentrating on ANYTHING except my own hand strength and raise/fold?
      Forgeddaboudit.

I am NOT asking for my entry fees back: I finished 3rd in one tourney and bust out of the other one legitimately when my AK :club: got unlucky against QJ.
      However, the playing experience was exceedingly unpleasant.

770 is both -
      1] Heavily promoted by PS, and
      2] Notorious for disconnections and malfunctions.

Does this poker room have any plans to raise its game?
  • 10 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey Glopslart,

Have you contacted support regarding your issues at all?

Hope this can be solved soon.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey Glopslart,

Have you contacted support regarding your issues at all?

Hope this can be solved soon.

Regards,
      Gary.
      I am indeed engaging with 770 support. They have made suggestions that it was maybe my internet connection, which is unlikely, as Explorer ran fine throughout this incident. They are suggesting that if it happens again, I should delete and reload 770.

[I recall a previous try maybe a year back, when 770 would not let itself be un-installed :D - i.e. "You can check out any time, but you can never leeeeaave"]

For the guidance of their technical people, I gave them exact tournament details.

Imagine if I had been multitabling properly, or if I was doing this for a living!

Heigh-ho!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Ah, well hopefully this can be solved very soon :)
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      I have had a fair amount of correspondence with 770 support on this topic. I accept that 770 took my question seriously, and tried to find the cause, which puts their people in a good light.

Their last suggestion was that my own computer may have had a 'proxy device' enabled, which interfered with the 770 program.

I am not aware that my computer had any such device enabled.

The issue has, so far, not recurred and remains a mystery.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Glopslart

Their last suggestion was that my own computer may have had a 'proxy device' enabled, which interfered with the 770 program.

I am not aware that my computer had any such device enabled.

The issue has, so far, not recurred and remains a mystery.
      Do you use a firewall/router to connect to the internet?
      If so, does it have NAT enabled?

A quick check is to have a look at your IP Address as reported by:
      ipconfig /all
      which you type in at a comment prompt.

compare it to the IP address as shown by speedtest.net
      speedtest.net will also tell you how your internet is performing overall.
      If the two addresses are different, then you're on a NAT-based home network. This should not be a problem. I am on such a network, and I have not yet had problems w/ 770.

You can also use pingplotter or tracert to analyse the internet path between you and the 770 server -- but for that you need the server's IP address.

If you know the physical location of the 770 server, you can just use a known server in the same city for the pingplotter test.

When I had problems with another room, I found that the problem was a router in London. Not that it made much difference. The problem went away as soon as the failing router either failed totally, or other routers found a better path.

Regards,
      --VS
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      VorpalF2F:

If I were 40 years younger, I might conceivably understand and profit from your suggestions. :f_confused:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      VorpalF2F:

If I were 40 years younger, I might conceivably understand and profit from your suggestions. :f_confused:
      Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse.
      I'm 60 so age is no problem :)

If you like, add me in the community tool and I'll see if there is any better way to tackle this.

--VS
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      VorpalF2F:

Thanks for the offer, I will take it up if the issue recurs.
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F:

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse.
      I'm 60 so age is no problem :)

If you like, add me in the community tool and I'll see if there is any better way to tackle this.

--VS
      Vorpal, OK, same blessed thing just happened.

I had a brainwave - disconnected from, and reconnected to, 770. Problem stopped, which reinforces my suspicion that this was a 770/i-poker problem , not my computer. We should maybe discuss the situation, but I am busy all Wednesday.
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      And again. :f_mad:

Disconnected and re-connected once more, problem has once more disappeared for the moment.

Back again!