DUKAN diet

• aboesing
      aboesing
      Bronze
      Hello.

I am making a new kind of diet. It is called DUKAN diet. It allows you eat a lot of protein, but cut your carbo and fat.
      It have 4 phase, in phase 1, about 3-5 days, you just eat protein. I had 86kg and want go to 74 kg. I lose 2,6 kg in a 5 day phase.
      In phase 2, you alternate one day of just protein and one day of protein and vegetables. This gives you a lose of about 1 Kg for every week.
      I just end my 30 days of diet, and lose 6kg. I am very happy and hope lose more 6 kgs in next two months.
      In phase 3, you stay 10 days in this phase for every kg you lose, So I will stay 120 days in phase 3.
      In phase 4, you go to end of your life. You return to your routine, but one day a week you just eat protein.

Anyone have tried it in community
  • 11 replies
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      If you cut off all your carbs, your body starts transforming protein into energy in place where carbs should do that thing.

Simple diet for body hsould be targeted on bodyweight:

If you are 85Kg you should eat like 85g of fat (which goes like 25% of bad fats and 75% of good fats), Protein - 2-3 grams per KG of your body. and then goes all the carb stuff what you need to play with: start cutting off slowly weekly (3-4 grams per KG should be as default daily intake, but by having a diet cut half off, and if you fel fine you can cut more, BUT NEVER CUT OFF ALL CARBS) and do not forget 3-4 litres of clean water daily :)

Thats a healthy diet on the go imo. Been going on gym for 2 years so i think i know what am i talking about (gained 12KG clean muscle) you need pictures? ask :D
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Trust me, don't 'do' diets. When you 'do' diets, you 'go off' diets. You will be right back where you started.

Find your BMR (basal metabolic rate), eat enough protein to maintain/build muscle, workout for the same reasons, and eat at or under your BMR+activity (if you want to maintain or lose fat).

It is MUCH easier to have a healthy lifestyle than made up rules like X,Y diet. (And like poker, longterm is what matters. Any short term results on the scale, bad or good, is just noise - water retention, etc)

GL!
    • aboesing
      aboesing
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies. Its nearly impossible eat just protein - eggs.

I eat some carbo and fat, but I see is much lesser than before. And it looks my body is using protein as carbo. I drink a lot of water - about 4 liters every day.

But I will make a count of g in carbo, fat and protein in my food.
      Now i have about 80kg, should I use these values or should I use values from 85 Kg?

I can not do more so much sports activities, I get a heart collapse because genetics and for excessive workout. So I stop aerobic activities and get about 3Kg.

I have pretty well in muscles, I have 32 age, and start military with just 16. But now I need to calm down and give heart a time.
    • deeplyshaken
      deeplyshaken
      Bronze
      dukan diet is good one but you have to do it properly.
      i felt much better on it. had a very good poo and proper farts ;)
      which means body responded well.

just about to start in again.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I don't know anything about diets. I just eat whatever is on my plate :D

But what unshpe says does make a lot of sense. Don't do diets. A lot of people that go on a diet will gain more weight then they've lost.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      here is the diet i used to have :f_cool:

Three-Day Cardiac (fad) Diet

Few years ago i decided to play football after a long break and i gained to much weight during years i didn't play it. I had 107kg and obv this is far to much to run good and to be prepared for all 90 minutes. So i decided for mentioned diet which is really "hard" one. I know also 4 maybe 5 other ppl who tried it but they didn't succeed.

So i had this diet for a month. Every 4th day i ate "normally". I lost more than 10 kg in one month. So i i lost weight from 107kg to 94kg. I am 190cm tall btw.

After that i changed my lifestyle. I do a lot of sports since then so right now i have 90 kg and i am quite well prepared for football matches. Of course i am not talking about professional football.

What i want to say is that diet itself is not enough. We surely have to change also our lifestyles. If we decide to change lifestyle diet can be really good start to get in shape as soon as possible.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aboesing
      Thanks for replies. Its nearly impossible eat just protein - eggs.

I eat some carbo and fat, but I see is much lesser than before. And it looks my body is using protein as carbo. I drink a lot of water - about 4 liters every day.

But I will make a count of g in carbo, fat and protein in my food.
      Now i have about 80kg, should I use these values or should I use values from 85 Kg?

I can not do more so much sports activities, I get a heart collapse because genetics and for excessive workout. So I stop aerobic activities and get about 3Kg.

I have pretty well in muscles, I have 32 age, and start military with just 16. But now I need to calm down and give heart a time.

use values of your exact weight and then reduce, don`t follow your 85Kg body rules as you started.

About cardio: the fatter you are the harder it is to do cardios (i even do not reccomend ladies of 100Kg do running cardios because they may kill joints on legs.)

The best way to understand how much daily fats you need to intake is to use caliper. With caliper you check your bodyfat.

Lets say you are 80Kg with 18% bodyfat.
      Your goal 75Kg with 10% bodyfat

we see you wanna lose 7Kg + gain 5Kg of muscle. REMEMBER WHILE CUTTING FATS OFF YOU WILL NOT GAIN ANY MUSCLE (for first half year yes it is possible but later on NO)
      so basicly your 75Kg will have 7,5Kg of fats, which is ok and you can start see 6pack (for 1,75m tall lads). (ofcourse i`m not talking about 2m tall guys :D )

You should take some supplements like Glucosamine + chondroitin (1,5 grams daily) if you feel pain in joints. And ofcourse multivitamins, fish oil etc

There was a simple test somewhere - skinny lad doing cardio and nice shaped muscle lad doing cardio. Both the same height but fit guy was 15KGs hevier. And you know what? Guy who had more muscles had a lot bigger pressure on heart just because it needs to pump a lot more blood on body. So skinny lad had better agility overall. For all this i wanna say - if you can`t catch your breath back, it means your heart is overworking, but thats not bad at all, thats why you rest and give heart a break. (The best cardio ir to bump heart rate to 140hits/min and then rest while it goes back to normal (approx 80hit/min), and then repeat 5-6 times- if you push your heart on to higher rates it cells may start dying and in longterm thats not good at all) In this way of cardio you train your heart and it gives you more power.
    • aboesing
      aboesing
      Bronze
      I had a cardio attack in May, 10th. It was after 7-8 hours I did an guidance race. I run about 8km with a lot of climbs. In one climb, i go too fast, and I think by HR go too high.
      In this day, I started with a chest pain, that go to my left arm. It was not a full heart attack because pain was about 6 from 10 scale.
      Go to hospital, take exams, just blood enzymes was abnormal. Got some medication. Next day, pain stop, but stay in hospital... In emergency. At night, go to a horrible room, with a guy screaming all time. Sign my exit from that hospital, without medical agree.
      Next day, after lunch I go to a better hospital, for just heart problems. Enzymes yet abnormal. Stay in hospital. Next day, make a ultrasonography from hearth, and some parts of heart are moving slower than normal, but they are moving...
      Next day, made a catheterization, and no abnormal issues was found, but it was recorded.
      After more two days, doctors find my problem, I had a genetic issue that my own heart compress one coronary, restricting blood flow, and it gives me my heart problem.
      I read a lot about it, and see that this disease only have symptons if you do a lot of exercice in your life, and i did it.
      Go to home and after two month, make ascintigraphy. Make an aerobic test in bruce protocol and get 15 min running, with HR 173. Normal. But after take my heart photo, 2% of heart did not get blood!!!
      So, I cannot go to so high heart rates, and do not know how high I can go. I talk with some doctors, and some say 150, other to " do not go so high".
      I have 83kg on that test. After just 2,5 months, i get 85,9kg.
      So I read and started dukan diet.
      http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/
      Read and see a logical diet, and I love meat. I did not any restrictive diet because I cannot live without meat. And I started it and like it.
      Today i get 79.6 in my weight.
      But AlvisR are right that i need measure not just my weight, but my fat too.
      I will make this as soon as possible, my cousin can measure it.
      I am not taking any supplements, and i took a blood test yesterday. Will go to a doctor to get some, to increase my good fat. For all my live, I had low good and bad fat in my blood, lets see what I can do to improve my good fat, maybe some fish oil (after I get my target weight).
      I had some injuries in my foot and knees from soccer, but I now stop all sports, just walk for 30 min a day and use always ladders ( i live in 5th floor).
      I am doing some exercises with my 7kg baby... Triceps, biceps, shoulders and quadriceps. But my focus is lose weight and keep that weight.
      So i am focusing in better foods.
    • aboesing
      aboesing
      Bronze
      Hello.

Good news. Now i am at 75,4 kg mark. Loss 10,5kg. My goal still is 12 kg, so I think December i will there.
      Then going to third phase. Can eat bread again and cheese. And 1 time a week can eat what I want.
      Find zero ice cream, cost 4X more, but is awsome. Cardio is under control, just walking for 30 min or more.
      And a good up in bank is good too. Playing $5 at Ipoker.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Woow it is great to hear that you are doing so well. Congratulations.
    • BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      This might interest you:

How healthy eating can improve your poker.