PS video error

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      i click play and i see error loading media: file cannot be played. Doesn't work for IE, firefox and chrome so I don't think it's a browser problem

Also, funny thing is when i log out and play the 'preview' version of the videos they work.
  • 12 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey tommy,

Does this happen for all videos? Could you give some links to videos or the video in question that don't/doesn't work?

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey,

I can confirm that I cannot see any video in Chrome :(

Will forward this to IT.

Thanks Tommy!

Gary.
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      I can't watch a single video. I can only watch the 4 minute versions. Just tried watching on my phone browser and I get the same error too
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Most problems we seem to have with the new video player appear to be with Chrome or mobile browsers. You're not the first one to be experiencing such issues. This is, however, actively being worked on, so hopefully we'll see positive results there shortly.

For what it's worth, some videos do appear to work even in Chrome. For example, I can see this video perfectly fine in any browser: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/30735/
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Most problems we seem to have with the new video player appear to be with Chrome or mobile browsers. You're not the first one to be experiencing such issues. This is, however, actively being worked on, so hopefully we'll see positive results there shortly.

For what it's worth, some videos do appear to work even in Chrome. For example, I can see this video perfectly fine in any browser: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/30735/
      That video doesn't work for me in Chrome :(
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      :O

I have absolutely no idea what the problem is there then, since I'm no IT expert myself at all. Hopefully they will have a fix soon though.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      It was fine in chrome for me as of today. ?(
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      It's working now, in my dormitory. I recall it worked last week in my dormitory too, but it doesn't work at my house for some reason. Really weird...

I think the videos are working for some people, in some browsers and in some places :D really confusing.
    • renzs
      renzs
      Gold
      any solution pls? i'm still having exactly the same problem as #1 described.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by renzs
      Does this happen with all Status videos?

Could you try and watch a Basic Video such as This One and tell me if it's the same issue?

Either way, I'll get some IT guys to look into this!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by TinoLaan

That video doesn't work for me in Chrome :(
      works for me in Firefox.
      --VS
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by renzs
      Hi renzs,

There are a number of things that could solve this. Have you already tried any of the following possible solutions?

1) Clear your browser's cache (guide)
      2) Use a different browser
      3) Try switching between the HTML5 and Flash player (button below the video player)

If none of these solutions help, then please let us know. In that case it might be an issue with your internet provider, though we can't know that for sure yet at this point.

Hopefully this will help you to get this solved!

Regards,
      Tino