Good MTT/STT SNG books

• M3lchior
      M3lchior
      Bronze
      Hello again guys !

I've recently bought myself the "Kill Everyone" book and I happen to like it. One of the concepts I like the most is equilibrium play.

However, as the book is from 2009 and poker is evolving fast, I'm afraid whether the strategies presented aren't dated already. If so - and even if not so, what are some other good MTT/STT SNG books ? Is there some suggested readings list ?

Thanks in advance,

M3lchior
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, M3lchior!

Like you said, poker world is evolving so fast and to be honest, I think the most common educational materials to be found nowadays are videos and articles. Harrington had 3 books on tournament poker and I remember back in the days, I thought they are good. However, if I compare it to how poker has developed since then, it looks ultra outdated and nitty. Some conceptions about ICM are also wrong imo.

Another example would be Collin Moshman SnG strategy. I remember I read it back in late 2010 and it helped me a lot. It's a really good book by a truly talented player and coach. However, it is still dated to our days standards.

To answer you shortly- my advice would be to read the articles on our site(some of them already got updated to be more helpful and precise) and watch many, many videos. From 2012 and on. Also, I found the hand evaluation forums very helpful. Always work on your game, watch new videos and post/discuss hands with poker buddies or in forums.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

As kurrkabin has stated, the most up to date stuff are usually in video/article format. Although some of these books were from awhile ago, they still have concepts that are important for any sng/mtt format like early stages, middle stages, then late stages in CM's sng book.

Some good books are: Arnold Snyder, the poker tournament formula II, collin moshman HU for sng plays (same concept for end games IMO), Collin moshman sng strategy book.

Mindset books: The poker mindset by matthew hilger and mental game of poker by jared tendler.

If you are interested in purchasing all these books, I can see you the ebook version of these for (all 5) for $10.00!

Take Care,

MB