4-player vs regular HUSnG

• godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      So here is my question: which one is more profitable? The 4-player HUSnG or the regular type. It seems to me that in the 4-man type you pay less rake than if you want to play 2 players in two separate HU games, but I don't know any other reasons to prefer one over the other. Does anybody have any preferrence, and why?
  • 12 replies
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      I am also interested in this discussion. I believe I have played a couple of those with you godfather, and even asked you "Why do you prefer these instead of the regular HUsng?", hehe.

By the way, I play them on IPoker and they are both $1,05, the 4 man has a $4 prize.
      The HU SNGs have both normal speed, turbo and hyperturbo, I believe 4 man is just turbo.

Maybe there is more variance in the 4 man, but it is faster, since you quadruple the buy in in the time of 2 games, while on the regular ones you would have to play 4 games to have the opportunity to quadruple your buy in.
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Hey PriscoInline! That's right. I remember you beat me every time :D
      I prefer the 4-player format too, but the problem is that based on my BR I can only afford to play the 1.05$ on ipoker and the traffic is terrible. At Pokerstars the limits start at 3.5$ and at Fulltilt it's 2.25$.
      So I decided to move to Pokerstars and play 1.5$ HU. That's why I wanted to know if there is a fundamental difference between the two format.
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      So nobody wants to weigh in here?
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      I have some basic info which may help which you can take into account but others can definitely giver better answers than me.

Anyways, from what i gather expected roi in the 4mans will be lower than the regular HU SNG because their is a greater chance that if you win the first game, the player in the second round will be a "reg" or above average.

Also another thing to take into account is waiting time once your game is finished, since u have to wait for the other match to finish aswell before the final round.

Havnt properly tried them yet but i think theyre more profitable overall, hope this helps and sorry for my poor attempt to answer your question :D

GL
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      I have some basic info which may help which you can take into account but others can definitely giver better answers than me.

Anyways, from what i gather expected roi in the 4mans will be lower than the regular HU SNG because their is a greater chance that if you win the first game, the player in the second round will be a "reg" or above average.

Also another thing to take into account is waiting time once your game is finished, since u have to wait for the other match to finish aswell before the final round.

Havnt properly tried them yet but i think theyre more profitable overall, hope this helps and sorry for my poor attempt to answer your question :D

GL
      Good points! thanks :)
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      in 4mans you make more with same winrate than 2 mans cos of rake being less but they have higher variance also not sure action is ok even at midstakes
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      What about the fact that once you win one of the 4 man, it is like you won 3 of them, but in 2/3 of the time?
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      All the evidence is in favor of 4-man format. But why is it that whenever I watch strategy videos where a coach is commenting on one of his sessions, all of them are playing the normal HU SnGs? and the funny thing is that at the end of each video they are all breaking even, and sometimes below what they started the video with.
    • weatherwax
      weatherwax
      Bronze
      When you have an high roi, the 4-man are more profitable.

I wouldn´t give anything on coaching videos. Just play them yourself and have a look if you are comfortable with the population tendencys on that level.

If you are not bad, there should be an ROI between 25 and 40/45
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Originally posted by godfather2007
      All the evidence is in favor of 4-man format. But why is it that whenever I watch strategy videos where a coach is commenting on one of his sessions, all of them are playing the normal HU SnGs? and the funny thing is that at the end of each video they are all breaking even, and sometimes below what they started the video with.
      because traffic is bigger for normal hu sngs and because of that also hourly
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by weatherwax
      When you have an high roi, the 4-man are more profitable.
      What difference does it make? If you have a low ROI normal HU SnGs are better? Why?
    • weatherwax
      weatherwax
      Bronze
      If you have a high roi, it´s more likely that you win more than one game in row, which increases your chance to win the extra bi that u get in shootout when u win.

If you dont have a high roi you should focus more on volume and on hourly rate, which is easier to do with STT Hu´s