Pimp My Life ....the life of an aussie overstayer

• xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Hello again , my second go at writing a blog to which I never put much thought or effort into last time......

A brief insight into me, im 33 from NZ moved to Australia with my beautiful wife and 2 amazing kids in search of better money , weather and lifestyle.

:money - better.
      :weather- a lot better.
      :lifestyle- not yet but its on its way :f_cool:

Vision for this blog is to share the improvements in my personal life as well as my poker life, using the blog to help keep me motivated and also get tips/advise along the way......

Lifestyle: I wanna get more fit and healthier , ive always had these chicken legs and this beer gut that are overdue for a tuneup....

Poker: I've played poker for a few years now only casually not really putting in the effort to learn the game so becoming a more profitable player is my main focus.

Missions: To regularly exercise , learn healthier eating i.e learn to cook healthier meals which my kids will enjoy also ( which will be hard )

To read , watch and participate in poker articles , videos and live coachings playing 1-2 hrs a day , reviewing each session and working on leaks and improving my game ....staying motivated in learning/reading something new has never been a strong point of mine so there is a challenge in itself.

Goals for week 1
      Lifestyle: write down a daily workout routine -
      try and cook something completely different -( meals are limited due to allergies).
      start 100 day challenge ( in which 100 crunches/pushups by day 100).

Poker: I've started the BSS course so intend to finish that first-
      Posting 1st weeks graph and some hands in which I may of had trouble with-

So im not sure if playing ring games is what I should be doing when I prefer playing sng and mtt but I started the BSS course and I feel I need to finish it mainly for a self motivational thing of having that small accomplishment of completing it :s_cool: .....any thoughts cool if not then I be updating soonish cheers...
  • 7 replies
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      So my first day started off well enough with a early morning training session in my garage , which is where my training will begin until I get a gym membership at our work gym , $29 a month which seems cheap although free would be better :f_biggrin:

Day 1: Legs ......so I've done a little bit of research into some exercises I can do at Home with just some free weights, dumbbells and barbell/bench so ...

Squats 4sets 8-12 reps .....weights didn't worry to much here about how heavy as I just wanted to get technique right first.

Lunges 4sets 20 each leg.....painful I might add , I probably should of weighed myself first too coz I sweated my arse off doing these and after my session I weighed 90kg 14 st.

Leg extentions 4sets 35 reps .

Calve raises 4 sets 30 reps.

Session seemed small but I guess I can add extra exercises as I go....

also started day1 of my 100 day challenge of doing 100 push ups and 100 crunches by day 100....so before each session I just do as many of each exercise as possible .......

Poker : ok so this didn't go as well as planned .....plan was to do small session 2hrs and review ....playing nl2 FR doing BSS course as well as .....so it went well for most of session was up 100 bb early on ,then dropped that to a fish AKo lost to AJo on A?k flop when he hit runner runner for flush........

was going to post hands but my pokertracker is not showing hands any more from that session ? and so lost that hand , then right at the end of the session tilted 100bb off feeling really clueless to why I even called allin with nothing and no draws ...just laughed at myself and went and washed dishes as punishment lol, but I was gonna do them anyways so not really punishment :f_grin: ....

will post graph next post, witch is pretty crap but need to learn how to post them any how .....
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Day 2 of training : Worked on chest and biceps , just low weight with 8-12 rep per set ...........didn't wanna go to hard as pushed it bit to much on day 1 and I can hardly move my legs lol ( no pain no gain ) :s_cool: ........Played 2nd night of indoor beach volleyball with new team prob didn't help the legs either.

100 Day Challenge day 1: 40 crunches
      17 push ups

day 2: 40 crunches
      15 push ups :s_evil:

Poker :

Did some reading in BSS course articles b4 playing small session 200 hands only 2 tabling atmo getting use to pokertracker and HUD, finished session +EV which was great coz didn't fall into my GO ON TILT end of session run lol......then reviewed hands in session and again cant post hands ,dunno where they have gone now ?? may be some settings I have to sort out to save hands for longer... well atleast I got my graph but maybe I shouldn't show it lmao

I know I know crushing it big time lol ,quiting my job to go pro :f_p:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey xdowntimex,

So you've made the journey across the Tasman looking for a better standard of life like a lot of Kiwis have. (My stepfather of 35 years is a Maori).

So where did you settle. Most Kiwis tend to head for Sydney or Brisbane because of the magic weather. Not so many head for Hobart (NZ weather).

Glad to see you got your signature and graph upload sorted out.

Interesting blog. Will follow.
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Cheers Lazza for some of the help on sig/graph mate.....yea we first stoped off in Melbourne coz we both loved the place , I love sports so thought Melbourne has it all ..........we then headed and now live in Perth , my brother and my wife's father are both living here so we wanted to be closer to family and follow the money here as well .........have been following your home game blog abit too but yet to join in the fun, lifes busy atmo and getting 200 hands in is max for now :s_grin: ............

P.S GO THE ROOSTERS but I think Manly's halves might have the edge (NRL)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Cool. Yea family and life in general is always more important than poker, although sometimes not as profitable. :P

Glad to know you've been following the home game blog. We have our 1st Club Championship coming up in about a month (12 Events) so that should be interesting.

I agree. Manly looked so strong against Souths last week. I think they are hitting their peak at the right time and will overturn the 4-0 defeat in the 1st week of the semis.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Your fantastic five team brought me here :f_biggrin: . It is good to see that you want to "measure" your progress in poker and personal life. What an achievement would be if you can improve your poker and your lifestyle at the same time. Well done so far.

I really wish you all success on every area and i will definitely follow your progress here.

Good luck.
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Thanks man and best of luck to you also :s_cool: ....

Days 3 and 4 training sessions were short but sweet just working on shoulders and triceps.....p.s Legs still hurting :s_o: ..

100 Day Challenge

Day 3: 30 crunches
      20 push ups

Day 4: 30 crunches
      17 push ups

Poker:

No poker played on day 3, managed to play 150 hands the next day and some study on BSS beginners course so really not much poker or study in last couple days ........will try and get atleast 200 hands a day for the next few days an get some hands posted up also ....