This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

This is how it`s done. Poker domination.

• scett
      scett
      Bronze

Hi, pokerheads! I`m 26 years old poker player originally from Latvia, currently living in Scotland.
      There are two major reasons why I`m starting this blog:

:club: To log my goals and stay focused on them because I seriously need to improve my productivity as I have a full time job so my free time is quite limited.

:club: To show you all and my self how it`s done!

I picked poker back up couple of months ago, after I had played for about two years and then quit it for another two. But you now the saying: you don`t quit poker, poker quits you. And it certainly had not quit me. I think the major reason why I picked poker back up is that my mind just could not accept the fact that I was unable to beat it. I know I can, I just have to make it happen.

I specialize in No Limit Full Ring Holdem, playing 40bb strategy, currently @NL25.

I have figured out pretty much all I need to do in order to reach my goals, so lets start by stating them:

:spade: I will beat FRNL25 by the end of this month (October as written) with at least 11bb/100 winrate.
      :spade: I will beat FRNL50 by the end of this year (2013) with at least 9bb/100 winrate.
      :spade: I will beat FRNL100 by April 2014 with at least 9bb/100 winrate.
      :spade: I will work out and stick to progressive lifestyle plan which includes:
      :heart: exercise and workout routine;
      :heart: healthy eating;
      :heart: proper sleeping;
      :heart: mind refreshing activities.
      :spade: I will log all my progress in this blog and update it every day.
  • 1 reply
    • scett
      scett
      Bronze
      Ok, so todays challenge:

:diamond: Conspect last three videos I have left to learn from. I spent all this week learning from videos and these are last three with most content, about 1.5h in lenght together.
      Iexpect it to be 4-5h work.

:diamond: Have a 5 km run.

Tomorrows challenge:

:diamond: Go to gym and have a light workout (about 1h)
      :diamond: Sort and print out my opening, 3bet and 4bet charts
      :diamond: Go through all material I have learned this week, categorize it, review all example hands, all the things that need to be considered in certain spots and so on.
      :diamond: When #2 challenge complete, take the tests of my materials. If I make a mistake go back and relearn that material till I get it right.
      :diamond: Once all set and done play some 3h session and eventually implement stuff I learned in my game.