HM2 HUD/Graphs for STT-SnG

• Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I have just started playing again after a very long break.
      Just before my break I had purchased Hold'em Manager 2, but never really learned to use it.
      I play almost exclusively Single Table SnG's ($1-$5 range) and am looking for advice on 2 items:

1) For the HUD, what 2 or 3 stats should I have - I want to start very basic here and build up my comfort level using a HUD.

2) For STT-SnG's, what values should I be graphing to track my progress/performance?

Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hope you guys don't mind the bump... but would really appreciate some feedback.

I was trying not to lead the answers, but for my HUD stats so far all I'm thinking of including are (Total Hands of course), VPIP and PFR.

:spade: Any suggestions on what ranges I should color-code each of these for a STT-SnG?
      :heart: Any suggestion about HUD stats vs a HUD graph indicating percentiles?
      :diamond: For the Results graph I was thinking Net Winnings and $EV plotted vs number of tournaments? Is this the best indicator?

Thanks guys and gals!
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      one last desperate bump... anyone?
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Ramble!

Sorry for the delay!

As for the hud, the most basic STT stats are these:
      VPIP/PFR/Steal/3bet/Total hands-first line

Cbet/fold to flop Cet/Agg f.-second line

These are all crucial, but if you really don't want to overwhelm yourself, you can just add the first one.

Once you get more comfortable, I suggest you also add fold vs Hero 3bet, 4bet stats, BB raise vs sb limp etc, etc.

As for your performance, the most important thing is be patient and give it some time. You need to get a good sample of games to get a relatively good idea of how you are doing. That would mean prolly at least 1k 9-man Sngs. The more the better ofc. And I wouldn't draw big conclusions from just 1k games. Check the EV graph as well. It's not gonna be extremely accurate on a short sample, but still gives you an idea.

Color Coding- it's your preference. I have it VPIP of over 30 to be green, so it indicates that the player is prolly very loose, steal stats I have them gray, so that I don't mistake em. Aggression stats such as 3bet/agg. factor/PFR, I have them red. But choose whatever suits you the most.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Thanks Kurrkabin!