Termi8r's Public Private Coaching by xarry2

• xarry2
      Public Private Coaching - 09/18

I hope you enjoyed the PPC yesterday. It was imo very interesting. If we fix that microphone bug next time it will just perfect :)
      If you have any suggestions or feedback for the coaching then feel free to post them here!

Hand 1:

Holdem Manager No-Limit Hold'em, $25.00 (HH Converter by Kreatief & Marple08)

BTN ($4.55) __________ (Hero)
      SB ($24.15)
      BB ($23.40)
      UTG+2 ($10.65)
      MP1 ($10.75)
      MP2 ($26.35)
      MP3 ($23.40)
      CO ($23.40)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:heart: , K:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, CO calls $1.00,

Flop: 3:spade: , 5:club: , 5:diamond: ( $3.35 )
      CO bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3.05,

Preflop we reraise a minraise which i would by default always do with my strong hands like AK,JJ+. He calls and donks the flop pretty weak. Imo we have the possibility to raise. I don't like the call very much. If we don't hit the turn and he bets again we have to fold even though we still have some outs and are maybe still in front.
      Often players donk such a flop since they think it missed our raising range (mainly Ax or Kx in their minds...) they do that with many PPs but also often with overcards or draws. Overall I think we can reraise such a donkbet very often. Even if we get called by a PP we usually have 6 clean outs. Paired boards are very decent for that. especially higher paired boards like 997 where we have additional outs against 22-66 through the 3 remaining sevens.

Hand 2:

Holdem Manager No-Limit Hold'em, $25.00 (HH Converter by Kreatief & Marple08)

MP2 ($5.00) __________ (Hero)
      MP3 ($14.40)
      CO ($19.65)
      BTN ($22.05)
      SB ($15.90)
      BB ($25.50)
      MP1 ($17.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club: , A:spade:
      1 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.00, 2 folds,

Flop: 7:spade: , J:spade: , 3:spade: ( $2.35 )
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.50,

Turn: 8:spade: ( $10.35 )

River: Q:club: ( $10.35 )

We pick up the nutflushdraw and have overcards as well as a backdoor straight draw (which is however pretty weak). nevertheless, if you take account of the pot odds we get after our cbet we have to call.

pot odds for an all-in are 3.14:1, so an easy call with presumably 9-14 outs.
      in the end our opponent showed us QQ with a queen of spades. take a look at this flop with the equilator. maybe you don't expect what our equity is like. just play a bit with the program!

Hand 3:

Unfortunately I don't have the HHs here. But I can remember the action for this hand. lets assume 20BB starting stack.

Hero is BU with 7:spade: 7:diamond: , first in, we raise 4BB SB calls our steal.

Flop: (9BB) K:spade: , 3:spade: , 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero cbets about 5BB, SB calls.

Turn (19BB): K:spade: , 3:spade: , 6:heart: , 4:diamond:

SB checks, Hero is All-In 11BB, SB calls

Flop cbet is standard. I recommended to Termi8r to push the turn. If you 2nd barrel you must be aware of the flopcallingrange(=turnrange) of your opponent. Then you have to weigh how often you're still in front and how often your beat. Then you compare the result to the pot odds.

According to pot odds we are break even (assuming that SB calls 100% of his turnrange which is quite realistic due to our small remaining stack) when we win in:

(11BB+19BB)/11BB = 2.73:1 Pot Odds. Therefore we need to win in at least 27% to make profit.

Usually only a K beats us. There are some 2pair combinations, and maybe some sets or higher pairs. However we are still in front against a 6x or 3x hand as well as against some gutshots, OESDs like 54 or flushdraws. With 2 overcards to our pair such a play gets much more complicated. Then you really need some info that your opponent calls the flop very loose and there has to be a decent portion of draws possible.
  • 5 replies
    • cannell555
      Very nice write-up xarry2, and well played Termi8r!

• TribunCaesar
      Nice Coaching guys!

• Gerv
      As Termi8r wasnt able to speak for himself, I saw - in my opinion - that xarry was more or less telling Termi8r what to do.

I think it is interesting to let the player play and explain his actions and then start the discussion with the coach and audience.

No offense but sometimes I saw things like this:
      Xarry: 'I think Termi8r can fold this hand but..
      [..Split Second..]
      Termi8r presses the fold button
      Xarry: 'but he also can.. oh he already folded the hand'

in the end, It was an interesting coaching and I hope there will be more PPC of SSS ;)
    • xarry2
      yes, thats definetley a good point gerv. next time we should really fix that mic problem. but teamviewer wasn't fast enough...
      (actually I planned to let termi8r explain his game and plays and just interrupt when its necessary, but we will do that next time :) )
    • Termi8r
      @ Gerv Unfortunately I had some problems with my microphone and the coaching channel. I played the standard SSS according to the SHC and the basic strategy. In spots where possible deviations from this play was possible I waited for Xarry2 to instruct me...Hopefully next time we can sort out all the computer problems well before the coaching starts!

I thought initially that it is going to be only xarry2 and myself but stressed a bit when I disovered it was public...then my import of HH into elephant basically froze my computer, coaching channel didn't work, network connection stopped and first hand my set of jacks got beaten by a set of aces, then not long after lost another stack with my favourite AK....

Later it went a bit better, it felt strange playing so loose! I would not raise AJ in MP2 normally.

Yeah it would be nice to explain my actions then let you guys discuss it and tell me where I could improve. Thanks a lot for this opportunity :D