omaha h/l

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha H/L Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $6.48 (129.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $3 (60 bb)
      MP1: $6.81 (136.2 bb)
      MP2: $4.21 (84.2 bb)
      MP3: $4.58 (91.6 bb)
      CO: $10.33 (206.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.47 (29.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J T A 7
      MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.15) 4 9 Q (3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.60) 2 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.60, Hero ??

straight draw and flush draw, and low

he seems to have set,
      my outs is 9 flush, straight 8-2 = 15 outs
      and its 30%
      so I cannot call ?[/quote]
  • 4 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      It would really depend on any reads you have on villain.

His flop bet with 2 high cards on board means very little. It could be a standard play to get low hands to fold or pay to draw runner runner for half pot.

His turn bet opens up a can of worms. Was he just trying to barrel with A2 and on turn may have picked up 2 pair with a hand like AQ2x? Did he flop set? It's a poor play to play 99xx, so a set would more likely be 4s or Qs. He could even have the same SD with lower FD. Another distinct possibility is AAxx.

So much here depends on villain's tendencies.

Does he barrel with high pairs? (NLHE player)
      Does he always showdown low hands? (nit)
      Does he always bet pot? (PLO player)
      Does he chase draws (particularly low)? (fish)

Assuming that I know nothing of villain or MP1's tendencies, I would fold. MP1 might be the real danger flatting in position on the flop. He may have the big hand and with the 2nd low on the turn may look to squeeze any low draws out for fear of losing half the pot.

Really interesting hand. Can you let me know how it finished up?
    • Timmaywin
      Timmaywin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you can easily fold on the turn, I think you can never scoop the pot, you have outs for nut high, but villain can have a made high hand already and a better nutlow draw. Best card for low would be a 3 on the river, but that doesn't give you a nut high hand. Besides, when a flush completes on the river, do you expect to get paid off?
    • ColorFlusher
      ColorFlusher
      Silver
      On a limped 3-way pot where sb bets a pot on LHH board it's usally a made hand and rarely draws. So it means he bets most of the turns also and slows down only some of the ones you hit. That means you are getting minimal value out of your straight which doesn't even hit often. Rest of the turns you end up folding or get yourself in a tough spot like this.

Fold on the flop, call for a smaller bet and bet yourself if sb would've checked.
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Timmaywin
      Hi,

I think you can easily fold on the turn, I think you can never scoop the pot, you have outs for nut high, but villain can have a made high hand already and a better nutlow draw. Best card for low would be a 3 on the river, but that doesn't give you a nut high hand. Besides, when a flush completes on the river, do you expect to get paid off?
      +1