[NL2-NL10] NL10 - MP1: AJs

• ToMMMekk
      ToMMMekk
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $10,31
      BB:
      $10,21
      Hero:
      $2,99

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40, 2 folds, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,25) 9:heart: , 4:heart: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1,25) J:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,50, CO raises to $1,00, BB folds, Hero calls $0,50.

River: ($3,25) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $3,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Qs, Qd ] a pair of Queens
      Hero shows [ As, Js ] a pair of Jacks
      CO wins $ 3.09 USD with a pair of Queens.

I should probably probably bet on flop as i had initiative with two overcards. I only checked and the other guy also.
      When turn gave me toppair i had to make a bet. He called. I think he played his QQ very bad as he didnt even make a bet on river when he saw me checking.
      Was I playing ok? I was afraid of straight on river.
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I like betting 3/4 on the turn because you have 2 opponents and its getting drawy. I dont know what to do if he 3 bets you though lol

I agree he played it badly, a good player would have made you go broke probably
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I should probably probably bet on flop as i had initiative with two overcards. I only checked and the other guy also.
      When turn gave me toppair i had to make a bet. He called. I think he played his QQ very bad as he didnt even make a bet on river when he saw me checking.
      Was I playing ok? I was afraid of straight on river.
      You should not write which hand villain had because you than could also post the result in normal color... I like the flop check because of the drawy scructure. But you should bet more on the turn close to potsize. When get raised just fold.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      reload preflop and read the articles as i told you in another post
      if you bet that flop you are comited so check / folding is better
      on the turn bet pot and call a raise
      gl