This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - MP1: AJs

• ToMMMekk
      ToMMMekk
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $10,31
      BB:
      $10,21
      Hero:
      $2,99

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40, 2 folds, BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,25) 9:heart: , 4:heart: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1,25) J:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,50, CO raises to $1,00, BB folds, Hero calls $0,50.

River: ($3,25) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $3,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Qs, Qd ] a pair of Queens
      Hero shows [ As, Js ] a pair of Jacks
      CO wins $ 3.09 USD with a pair of Queens.

I should probably probably bet on flop as i had initiative with two overcards. I only checked and the other guy also.
      When turn gave me toppair i had to make a bet. He called. I think he played his QQ very bad as he didnt even make a bet on river when he saw me checking.
      Was I playing ok? I was afraid of straight on river.
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I like betting 3/4 on the turn because you have 2 opponents and its getting drawy. I dont know what to do if he 3 bets you though lol

I agree he played it badly, a good player would have made you go broke probably
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I should probably probably bet on flop as i had initiative with two overcards. I only checked and the other guy also.
      When turn gave me toppair i had to make a bet. He called. I think he played his QQ very bad as he didnt even make a bet on river when he saw me checking.
      Was I playing ok? I was afraid of straight on river.
      You should not write which hand villain had because you than could also post the result in normal color... I like the flop check because of the drawy scructure. But you should bet more on the turn close to potsize. When get raised just fold.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      reload preflop and read the articles as i told you in another post
      if you bet that flop you are comited so check / folding is better
      on the turn bet pot and call a raise
      gl