Warm up for SN 2014!

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      After being without internet for about 4/5 weeks, and only regaining access last week, I've a fresh perspective and I'm making a fresh blog to track my concerted effort (for the 500th time in my 'career') in converting poker from a bit of fun to a profitable hobby.

Atm I'm playing nl25 and currently under stake. I've been on nl25 for a while so its time to push on and break my plateau. If there are any guys playing nl25+ who are up for some regular sweats lmk and we can swap skype on community tool.

Weekly goals (until Sunday 13th)

:diamond: 5k hands
      :diamond: Post 10 hands in HE forum
      :diamond: Comment on 10 hands in HE forum (nl10 for now due to status)
      :diamond: Post an update in here every day (1 of 5, this counts ;) )

I'm also offering some freerolls along with each of my goals (excluding no2 because it depends on when my status updates), $5 each, first come first serve, so just post which freeroll you'd like to take. Only one freeroll per goal.

Good luck
  • 59 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I take the 5k hands freeroll.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      I'll take the update every day freeroll.

[x] Following
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      Comment freeroll. :D
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I take the 5k hands freeroll.
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      I'll take the update every day freeroll.

[x] Following
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Comment freeroll. :D
      Hopefully I won't be shipping youse anything lol.

Just about to read a few more pages of The Education of a Modern Poker Player before I start some rl work. I'm only about 50 pages in so I can't comment on the content too much, but really enjoying it so far. The format is very interesting, unlikely any of the other poker books I've read.

Once I've finished work ~9ish I'll open up a few tables and update after. Because I can't post in HE forums yet (hopefully I'll be silver tomorrow/sat) I'll post some hands in here.

gl
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      gl
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      That's a good no variance freeroll. SHIP IT! :D GL with your goals and progress! :f_grin:
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      ty guys.

Just sitting down to play now. So I'll post my update after
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Just to make sure Tino doesn't get pedantic I'm going to take a break from my session and update before 00:00 my time lol. Graph so far:

I've made about 3/4 bad bets imo that cost me ~$15 (spots like barrelling backdoors with close to 0fe), and a bad river call that cost ~$2.5. So results wise its looking good, not so good play wise and it could be much, much better. I'll have a few hands to post in here/HE forums this weekend. There's a villain who has started playing back at me a lot I want to review as well so need to have a productive morning tomorrow!

Going to take a short break now for 20mins then play until the traffic breaks up ~2am.

gl

edit:

:diamond: 5k hands (~800 so far)
      :diamond: Post 10 hands in HE forum (waiting on status)
      :diamond: Comment on 10 hands in HE forum (0 of 10)
      :diamond: Post an update in here every day (2 of 5)

edit 2:

BR = ~$800
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Just back from watching the football. Had a few drinks so I won't open up any tables tonight. Today was ok, reviewed yesterdays session and marked some hands for HE forum once my status upgrades, and got in an hour session to keep the hand count ticking over.

gl
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Well guys about to head out for a few scoops so another quick update. Played 1k hands today so I've a good bit to play tomorrow. Getting happier with my play and feel like I'm making less mistakes. Haven't commented on any hands yet because I'm waiting to see if my status updates so I can post on nl25-50 boards.

gl
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Going to comment on some hands now. That way I won't be shipping Rihard anything lol. I'll do a mini update for the week after with some hands so I won't be shipping Tino anything. Then there's manu...

I could make it but I'd have to power through my 10 comments then play like 8 tables which I'm not going to do because it'll probably end up costing more than $5 because no way I'll be able to play my A game. So I'll take my time and post decent comments then I'll update the rail thread with graph after I play a session later tonight.

gl
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I know your weakness.. GG me, 5$!

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      And I just recevied confirmation email for the money!

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      And I just recevied confirmation email for the money!
      Haha don't get used to it!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      So the week has been a bit of a fail. Only managed 2/3 goals and to be fair the commenting goal was done last minute... Although I was waiting for status to update which is taking ages. But I'll be following Dr. Dunne's posts here and here because I'll think they'll be pretty interesting.

I played ok, think I got better as the week progressed and I dusted off the cobwebs. Managed to review my sessions as well which is a plus. And I'm slowly making my way through JB, Manu, and TT's book, its definitely given me a few things to think about which is good unlike other books. Once I've finished reading up to the advanced bit I'll write a small review.

Going for similar goals next week:

:diamond: Update 3 times (Tues, Thurs, Sat), but more in depth. At least two hands per update. Or a paragraph on strategy. And graph.

:diamond: Play 7k hands

:diamond: Post 10 hands in HE forum (status pending)

:diamond: Comment on 15 hands in HE forum

Pick your freeroll guys. I have some prep to do for work tomorrow then I'll play another session before posting graph in rail thread.

gl
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Pffft, 7k hands freeroll ofc.. This is how I make my money! :D

Btw, quality still > quantity imo. Learn to play your best more often not just play more often.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Update freeroll again because you're going to post those updates this time :f_love:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      Comments freeroll again. :D
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Pffft, 7k hands freeroll ofc.. This is how I make my money! :D

Btw, quality still > quantity imo. Learn to play your best more often not just play more often.
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Update freeroll again because you're going to post those updates this time :f_love:
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Comments freeroll again. :D
      All booked. And I'm making the HE posts live as well because I'm 99% sure I'll be silver tomorrow.

Going to play tonights session then I'll do my 1st update for the week.