Back To Basics...

• DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      General Info:

So my name is Alexander, I am from Bulgaria but currently at University at Italy. I have been in and out of poker, but I've never really succeeded in being persistent and now I want to change this.

Before coming to Italy I was playing very often live in Bulgaria, but as I came here, I decided that I should get serious online as well.

Goals:

- Keep with University and exams ( not really amazed so far)
      - Make enough BR for MTTs as I will start on 9-man SnGs and some 18mans as soon as I get some bankroll.
      - Post Graphs (if I manage to win the battle with PokerTracker 4)
      - Read Poker Material
      - Post hands for Analysis ( I am a bit skeptical for that happening).
      - Get AT LEAST Chrome Star in the next 10 days. (which also includes a lot of volume )

Starting Bankroll:
      $136.01

Limits:$1.50SnGs in PokerStars

I also post this picture because it applies to me to a large extend ;) so yes it is there
  • 14 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Alex,

Nice blog! Will be looking forward to seeing some progress here.

Since you're playing SNGs, our brand new SNG learning material will probably be great for you. You can find an overview of all new (and upcoming) articles here: New SNG lessons

Hopefully that helps!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Quick update:

Already started playing for the day since 9:30 AM, now it is 12:00.
      I decided to move to 3.5$, because the plays at 1.5$ are just incredible and I think I can sustain a better ROI at the 3.5's.

I didn't have 50BI but I will be more cautious until I get above 200$ BR.

Greetings with this song:

• DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Okay after a long session of micro games (Both STT and some MTT) I will have a break and go to the gym.

Here is something interesting so far:

I was chip leader when I hit the final table and got in a bad situation when SB with AQs, Button steals, I shove and BB wakes up with AA...
      Then I managed to do a couple of steals which got me back in the game and HU match was 1 hand only :)
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Of course this is how I end the day:

It was the worst bad-beat run I could have possibly have, after winning the 180man SnG...

Aces got cracked a few times, AJ vs J4 loses to straight and so on and so forth...

I got quite upset now so I will go to sleep, as tomorrow I have important lectures in the morning until 2PM. Then I will try to do atleast 40games and I will be going out somewhere...

Good night everyone :f_cry: :f_cry:

Bankroll after Day 1 : $143.45
    • PriscoInline
      PriscoInline
      Bronze
      Sometimes, right after a big win, we should take a break for some time or even the day.
      It's not just when we are losing that we tilt.
      Of course you may have played your A-game, but it is something to take into consideration.
      It could be just variance, after all those are turbo MTTs.

Good luck anyway, I hope for your success, and you seem to be doing it right :)
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Today I started playing quite late at the afternoon and my first session was quite negative. I ran 4-5 times into AA with premium hands (AKs, AKo, AQs, pockets) and the last one was on the bubble of 18-man, where on BB I had KK and Button woke up with AA :( ...

I did a second one now, which was about to go the same way, if it wasn't for a couple of tournaments that I managed to cash in.

I got 3rd in a 180-man $2.50 - $46.78
      I won a 45-man $3.50 - $44.53
      And got unfortunate on the last one, finishing 3rd(45-man $3.50) when stealing from Button with AJo and ran into AQo from the BB. Otherwise we were the 2 big stacks and would've eventually played HU. - $23.68
      :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:

Bankroll: $193.88
      P.S. Later today I will upload a graph. My EV- chip line is again way above. :(
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hey man! Great blog defs will be following you!
      congrats on the 180man win ive just started playing them a few days ago and been doing quite well so far.
      So are you playing a variety of sngs - 180, 45, 18 and 9man?
      which type do you feel most comfortable playing on? GL :)
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Hello ruuberduckie000 I prefer playing 180man's but my bankroll isn't really sufficient for them so I am playing a mix of all MTTs for 2,50$ 3,50$ and also some STTs to make up for variance.

Thats my graph for today.

I am currently going through a very tough period because on Friday evening we got completely wasted( later on we understood that the hookah we smoked had something in it, hence the blackout we had) with a friend which resulted in me and him completely DESTROYING my bankroll and also DESTROYING our Debit Cards with the money for the Month :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry: . Right now I got 100$ from a friend so that I can continue my farm and hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to return him the 100$ + have some for me.
      Now I have put deposit restrictions and BUY-IN Restrictions because what happened was just DEVASTATING.
      Now I have around 45euro to live till the end of the month and that's quite sad...

I don't even know if I should laugh or cry... :s_biggrin: :s_confused: :f_cry:
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Today was not such a good day as I am at $139.38 and I started off around the same amount.

I am very disappointed from my play today. By mistake I had registered at a 3.50$ + R 180man and I got to final table. Of course with 13BB deep and all action folded to me, I Shoved the SB with 62o and was snapped with ATo with a guy with 14BB...
      I ended up getting 49$ which took me back to where I started the day.
      :f_confused: :f_confused: :f_confused:

I had some sleeping problems last night and played until 4:30am and today I am very tired, but it seems like I won''t be able to sleep again...

Will give it a shot and if not I will continue grinding. :f_love:

Cheers :s_biggrin:
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Today was a good day!

Just managed to pull 2 deep cashes in 180's.

1st place - $123.31
      7th place - $12.31 - Was unfortunate to re-shove with a top 3 stack with AQo to a short stack shove and was snapped afterwards with KK... Was left with 9k (3bb) and shoved T7s...

Good thing: Now I can return my friend his initial 100$ and I can continue farming with my 112$ :)

:s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Here is my overall graph, excluding the blackout games at 100$ buy-in :)

:s_biggrin:
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Today I didn't have any time for poker, had trouble sleeping again and fell asleep at 7:00 AM.. Woke up for lectures, went here and there and till now this is what I have been doing:

I am thinking about poker all the time, but I will go to sleep now, because I finally feel like I can sleep. Tomorrow I will try to make up for the games missed today.

I am also trying to reach Platinum Star this month, but we will see!
      :f_cool:
      I want to wish a good night and fun on the tables.

Cheers :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Screw that... Sadly it seems like I will never be able to play poker again the way I wanted... I won't be able to build a bankroll the way I wanted...

Last night in this F**KING Milano, Italy the hookah we smoked again was drugged with something and again combining that with alcohol resulted in losing all my bank account, even though I had restrictions to Buy-In.

Now I don't have any money in my account, my graph is of a total looser and on top of that I owe a mate 100$ or so... :f_mad:

I guess this is not the reason you read this side of the forum, but sometimes inconvenient truths are to be told...

Maybe I will start doing freerolls and build a bankroll but I hardly doubt this will work. Atleast I learned my lesson - never ever smoke anything in ITALY ! :f_frown:
    • DoubleStandard
      DoubleStandard
      Bronze
      Thought I can share the graph to see for yourselves:

https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/PokerStars/players/DblStandard