Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $108.78
      Hero:
      $20.50

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q:club: , A:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, 5 folds, SB raises to $21.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $20.50 (All-In).

Flop: ($42.50) 3:spade: , 6:diamond: , J:diamond:
      Turn: ($42.50) 5:heart:
      River: ($42.50) 5:spade:

Final Pot: $42.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of fives (Qc As)
      SB shows a pair of fives (Ah Kd)

SB wins with a pair of fives (Ah Kd)

Didn't mean to raise this in UTG. This guy raises 12% of hands whatever position he's in. Thought i had marginal odds to push. Gave him 88+ AJ+.

I think now i will have to approximate all villain ranges as being AK+ JJ+ as they keep flipping over good hands against me even if they're really loose. except if they're obviously fish.
  • 2 replies
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      If you can push or not depends on if he 3bets AJ. If he does you have the odds to push.
      Whether he is pushing 88+ or JJ+ doesnt matter too much because you are flipping against any of these hands so it doesnt effect your equity a lot.

I would fold :)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Daphunk,

I dont like your assumptions between PFR and 3bet. When you loosen up in UTG its ok, but think about villain he sees that you raise in UTG and will definitely not 3bet this loose against you I think you have an tough spot with Ako here but AQo easy muck.