First time, i hope i will get a boner!

• SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      finally i have decided to start a blog and this would be the first one in my life. I have never done this before so I'm little bit excited about that, and as we all now, first time can go not so well.
      Anyways, i will try to do my best, as for today, I'm tired to fight alone and want to share my experience with some other poker- homies. (Playing lot's of GTAV recently, so I improved my English, not sure is it in proper way).

:heart: About me:
      I'm 29 years old, average guy, nothing special about me. I have wife, no kids, and have a regular day job. I live in Lithuania, it's a great country to live and I'm happy here. Except the weather. It's cold as c..t here. (Don't now am i allowed to swear here).
      Long story short, I'm everyday normal guy by day and poker Star wannabe by night.
      :spade: My poker history:
      First time i have heard about poker it was about 2009. If we forget playing live Russian poker in school. I have googled about it, found PS, and the first thing that stopped me was the quiz. I tried to find the answers in forums, but the questions was updated and I decided to quit my poker career.
      In 2012 summer i found PS again. Even managed to retrieve my account. This time i was ready. I solved the quiz, got the $50 and busted it right away. I always hated those f...s who managed to build their bankroll from PS $50, as they seems to live perfect live in perfect way.( No offence guys :)
      As i mentioned I'm average guy, so it tooked to me about 1 year to understand that i need to have a plan and stick to it. Finally i know what to do.
      :diamond: Poker today:
      First thing i want to mention that poker and wife's might have some issues from the past. I have noticed that if wife's are around the HM2 stops counting the hands and it's impossible to complete your 3000 hands per day on ZOOM. As i have a wife, don't expect high volume from me.
      As you understand i play ZOOM poker and started from 50$(my own not PS). I have barely beated NL2, it was horrible. It there is the thing like hell, the max stakes there to play poker would be NL2.
      After that i have beated NL5, and started to do shot's to NL10. I have played about 10k hands in NL10 and for now it's not looking very good. I will add more info in second post with graphs and etc.

For the first post this would be enough. Sorry about English trying to improve it.
      Thanks.
  • 15 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey SpecialEdd,

Welcome to the blog section!

i hope i will get a boner
      No pics please! :f_o:

Or did you mean you hope you will get a bonus? ;)

Regardless, I'm a Zoom player myself. A few months ago I played NL10 as well, and it's certainly beatable. Perhaps things don't look bright at the moment, but if you can put in a lot of hard work and dedication in improving your game, I'm sure you'll be able to beat NL10 in no time!

Looking forward to seeing some updates here!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey SpecialEdd,

Welcome to the blogging section. I love your title. I don't think I've ever had one of them from poker before. :tongue:

A lot of us are average as you put it. Trying to juggle work and family committments with a budding poker career, so some times we can't get the volume we would like.

I have to agree that playing the absolute lower limits is a pain. Such a luckfest.

GL and will follow

Laz
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for welcome. I'm very sorry, but if i reach NL200, you will get my boner pic. In the meantime we can get back to reality.
      Ok here is my NL2 graph. I have started my challenge, then i have 5k hands in that graph, and no, this is not cardiogram of heart attack:

It's 2.60 bb/100 :facepalm:

I'm using aggressive bankroll management, and 20 buyins enough for me. So i reached NL5.
      Here is the graph:

It's 4,97 bb/100. :coolface: This is a bit better, and i decided to make some shots to NL10. I lost about 4 buy-ins there and NL5 was waiting for me again. But then, i won a lottery ticket.
      I played The Big 0.55 . There was about 10k people, i finished 2. I won 504$. Could you believe this shit? Now my bankroll is about 650$ and i can play NL10 with no worries. The NL25 is waiting for me. For the first time ever. This is going close to my boner photo.

Ok, now I'm going grind some NL10 and see you guys soon.
      Cheers!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey SpecialEdd,

Gratz on a nice score in the Big .55c. Almost 100BIs profit :s_cool:

Good idea to have another shot at NL10 rather than moving straight to NL25. You have to be sure you can beat NL10 before stepping up. (Even though you are now rolled for NL25).

Damn. One day soon I may see a boner pic. :facepalm:

Keep up the good work.

Laz
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Thanks Lazaa, you are very likeable person. :]
      Anyway yesterday was not very good. I lost 4 buy-ins 1 buy-in under EV. This weekend will be poker off. Well almost. I will continue to read The Education of a Modern Poker Player, and try some satellites to 800 million tourney for next weekend. Anyone will play it?

I need to relax. To plan my next movies. Next week i have at least three days of free evenings, so i hope i will manage to do 10k hands.

This is it for a short update. Have a nice weekend guys. Time to relax and learn.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey SpecialEdd,

Thanks for the kind comment. I don't know if I'll be playing the sats for the 800 million tourney as I will be focussing more on the Golden SnGs and Full Tilt's MTOPS series.

Thanks for reminding me about that book. I should really have a look at it especially as it's written by three of our community members.

Anyway have a good weekend

Laz
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      hello!

i suggest not to rush with shooting nl25. nl10 is advanced enough to practice basic aspects of the game. get a 100k sample on nl10 and if u manage to beat it for at least 5bb+ then consider moving up. they will crush u preflop 3betting / 4betting ++ on nl25 if u didnt manage to learn how to adjust properly to different oponents on nl10... ;)
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi vuciitis,
      yeah i get your point. I have completed about 18k hands in NL10 and still doing not very good. Still need lot's to learn. For now I'm concentrating how to construct opponents ranges.
      The weekend was relaxing and i managed to complete book The Education of a Modern Poker Player. For me it was really good and i think more advanced players will find some new ideas. The math was too much for me. I couldn't understand shit. Oh well, i think i will get one more shot to the chapters I'm really interested.
      Also tried some satellites to 800 million tourney, but what i manage to achieve is tilt. So leave this as open question. Also played 888 poker giant freeroll. It's 8k for the first place. The field is 8500 players. 30% sit out. This is second try for me, first time i managed to get 45$. Pretty good as freeroll. Definitely worth to try it.
      So this is it. The new week starts and I'm back to grind NL10.

Here are some goals. I hate long term so all be the short ones:

:spade: Reach gold status here, to watch more advanced videos.
      :heart: Play 10k hands in three days. Atleast 9k.
      :diamond: Analyse my game and post some hands to evaluate.

That's it.

I bought the book at ibooks store. It was about 18 euros. It's pretty expensive, you can get serious books for that price in my country. Anyway after reading it i hit the tables like a pro. Lost 4 buy-ins in 15min by random shoves and decided to play my old fish style.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I told TT that there's more to a good poker book than writing 'Just shove at random,' over and over on every page, but he wasn't having it. He's such a fish. :f_mad:
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Bronze
      This is most certainly a blog which stands up for itself.
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Ok it's time to review my achievements.

:spade: I have reached gold. It's nice to be able to get some more info, but no big deal.
      :heart: I managed to play about 8k hands in three days. Or i need to say in three evenings. This is good amount for me.
      :rage: I have lost 20 buy-ins in NL10 ZOOM. This is strange. For now can't tell you why. Maybe this is related to my blog as i want to post nice results and be interesting. I have a feeling that I need to learn a little bit more, but hell, I'm so good at poker, that we can forget this option. The most possible reason that PokerStars are rigged, full with fish-fucks chasing mystical draws for any price.

So for this week NL10 ZOOM is done for me. Actually i lost so much for a first time in a year. Played in regular tables of NL10 and it was pretty good. Anyway let's go forward.

Goals for remaining week:
      :spade: Use my gold member to watch some new videos.
      :heart: I have about 20k hands in NL10. I need full review of it.
      :diamond: Research and add notes to all known players.
      :club: Relax a bit.

Also I'm using leak buster. That little fuck told me that my game was A-. So why the hell I'm loosing so much?
      Also i will pick the 5 biggest mistakes from my NL10 hand's and post here to be embarrassed and remember it for life. Also add some graphs.
      Cheers.
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      dont give up and post hands every day! review those hands which are not lost by KK < AA and AK < QQ but the ones that actually matters and can be avoided.
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      it's time for a little updates. I have some great news and it's nice to share it here.
      Ok, the most important one is, that i managed to won a tournament 2.70$ buy-in. :s_o:

PokerStars Tournament #801475903, No Limit Hold'em
      Buy-In: $2.00/$0.50/$0.20 USD
      5849 players
      Total Prize Pool: $14622.50 USD
      Tournament started 2013/10/19 12:15:00 ET
      Dear ...,
      You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 1,833.53 award has been credited to
      your Real Money account.

As you can see this was a massive boost to my bankroll. There was a funny heads-up final hand here it is:

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t/t Blinds - 2 players -

Hero (BTN/SB): t10417594 1 BBs -
      BB: t7129406 1 BBs - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 13, AF: 4,0, Hands: 160

Pre Flop: (t0) Hero is BTN/SB with 8:club: 7:spade:
      Hero raises to t540000, BB calls t540000

Flop: (t1080000) 4:heart: 7:diamond: 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets t6373406, Hero calls t6373406

Turn: (t13826812) 4:club: (2 players)

River: (t13826812) 7:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: t13826812
      Hero shows 8:club: 7:spade:
      BB shows A:diamond: 4:diamond:
      Hero wins t14258812

Anyway i feel great about it and after that, i decided to play 800million tourney.(if we forget the fact that i lost The big 11$, 22$ and 8.80$ :] )
      PokerStars Tournament #800000000, No Limit Hold'em
      Buy-In: $100.00/$9.00 USD
      21635 players
      Total Prize Pool: $2163500.00 USD
      Tournament started 2013/10/20 13:00:00 ET

Dear ...,
      You finished the tournament in 1918th place. A USD 237.98 award has been credited to
      your Real Money account.

This was not so great, but i managed to get some, so it's ok. Maybe next time. I will post my final hand to evaluate, maybe it was a mistake.
      For now I'm very motivated to play poker so i need to use it. I'm rolled to play NL50, and even NL100 but i will stay at NL10 and try to beat it. Today i found w34z3l's special offer for a couch and used it. We had our first session and i have some interesting spot's to think about.

As my previous goals i have done them in 50%. The most difficult for me is to watch videos. It's hard to find so much time for them. As about reading, I'm pretty good there, so it's easier for me to find spot for it.
      Goals:
      :spade: Beat NL10 asap. The deeper waters are waiting. :f_cool:
      Good luck guys!
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      running good or what!? :D

GJ!
    • SpecialEdd
      SpecialEdd
      Bronze
      Hi!
      i decided for a little update before New Year coming. As you can see my blog going very slow, but as you now, little time at my hobby, so there is not much what to update about. Ok let's see what i managed to achieve:

NL10 zoom. It was going not so well, but for now I'm recovering and i think i will be able to beat it. I'm trying to study and improve my game so i think i will get a result. Here is the graph:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hate the red line, but for now I'm thinking only about green :)
      Anyway after such a bad performance in NL10Zoom i tried NL25 regular tables. It was pretty good there. My EV line is not great, so i think I'm just a lucky bastard.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm playing 6 tables. Tried 8, but it was too much for me. As my volume are very low i need to maximize profit and trying to play every pot to win. So this need lot's of attention. In general I'm playing so bad that i can't believe I'm winning. Make lot's of mistakes, as for now i don't care about money and the pots looks not so big as at the start. In the beginning for my 5k hands i was playing great, the concentration was max. I was scared shitless about huge pot's :f_biggrin:
      Also I'm picking tables carefully and trying not to play against regs. Need to avoid these type of hands, he was pushing me around the table, and I decided to out play him :f_biggrin:

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

UTG: $23.55 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 24, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 25
      MP: $29.16 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 14, 3B: 11, AF: 2,0, Hands: 125
      CO: $65.97 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 28, 3B: 0, AF: 1,8, Hands: 99
      [b]Hero (BTN): $25.62 -
      SB: $35.49 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 13, 3B: 14, AF: 2,3, Hands: 104
      BB: $25.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 2,2, Hands: 150

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with K:heart: Q:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.55, SB raises to $2.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.25, SB raises to $13.50, Hero raises to $25.62, SB calls $12.12

Flop: ($51.49) T:diamond: A:club: K:club: (2 players)

Turn: ($51.49) 3:club: (2 players)

River: ($51.49) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Final Pot: $51.49
      Hero shows K:heart: Q:heart:
      SB shows 5:heart: A:heart:
      SB wins $24.75

Also i managed to hit gold in Pstars, and cleared some bonuses about 250$ at all. Reached a platinum here and for now i able to watch great videos so this means lot's for me. I understand that these achievements and goals makes our sharks laugh, but for me this is a lot :f_cool:

As for New Years goals in poker i want to move to NL50 asap. Also beat NL10zoom and move to NL25 zoom. The zoom poker is perfect to generate volume so i think this is priority for me.
      Ok have a great New Years party, and see you on the tables.

P.S
      Personally want to thank for PS team, for making me a better player!
      Good luck!