sss busted

• doublepump1
      doublepump1
      Bronze
      i played in last 4 days over 40 h of poker i got 276 fpp points , i guess becouse of the time of playing not becouse of the knowledge and same with my strategy points which are on 66. but didnt move up or down in my last day in which i have failed from 51 to 35 dollars. i play in poker stars yust in case.

my questions are next?
      i played exactly like sss and shc says and i failed...i admitt i made a few mistakes but the key is not in that. since i am bronze member i cant use any software! i wouldlike to ask you how should i play jj when you raise first to 4 bb and you get reraised so you are all in or fold..according to sss you should go all in ..i went all in and in 6 cases of 9 i lost..
      .and with ak also i raised first and was reraised it was even worsk i failed in 8 of 10 cases ...unbeliavable

...i dont have anyy stats becouse of my bronze status so i cant see how to read opponents plus i didnt read that in any article of no limit sss

i played it like i should but i guess something is wrong here.

also if you are not silver stars you cant post any hands which i would like to talk about aswell. i read articles in bronze no limit untill the chapter go to bss.

i am reall in a doubtfull situation here about what should i do next ...becouse it is clear if i will do the things the same as i have untill now i will go broke, even if i played according to manuals for sss

thanks for help in advance
  • 9 replies
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      Cash Left:O riginal Raise Go All In With
      4:1 or higher AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK
      4:1 - 2.5:1 AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ
      2.5:1 or lower Every hand you raised

This is what you should use in a reraise situation.

Hope this helps
    • doublepump1
      doublepump1
      Bronze
      yes i know that

so i have 1.90 i raise 40 i get reraised ....
      150:40 3.9:1

so all in
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      yeap.. i guess its all in.

You're just running a bit unlucky then, in the long run it should pay you to stick to it.
    • doublepump1
      doublepump1
      Bronze
      can i ask you how many strategy points you have....

do you raise to steel blinds=?
      i heard that i should never do that without other players statistics, but you need software for that and you can use software only if you are silver member...i need 36 points more and i am afraid a will loose my money before i get to silver although i play according to sss and i think i am very disciplin....

i would also like to ask you what would you do if you raise aq and you get called and you missed the flop and other guy betts you in like 1 /3 of the flop to 1/2 of the flop in that range..
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      i am way behind on strategy points, just signed up here a week ago. but have been playing bad poker for a while.

i don't steal blinds except in really exceptional cases when playing cash games. the only times i try to steal is in sng and its deep and the blinds are really high.

it depends on how i missed the flop, if its a safe looking flop and i still have over cards, then i might consider calling. If its a flop with 3 to a suit, or 3 to a straight, or kings.. i'll probably fold.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hey about SSS.. also tried it a bit. At first pretty profitatable... but then bad beats happen:

AA beat with street.
      KK beat somehow.
      AK beat cause of street on the river (5 way pot and I was ahead :( )
      JJ beat I think too.

Overall I think I lost more then I gained with it or its about equal.

So lets see why does this happen:

Playing on FTP I notice one thing almost immidiatly: Most low limit tables are filled with people who buy in with 2$ or close to there.

Playing SSS now is not profitable anymore. Even if you hit something they will fold. The point of SSS is playing against big stacks. If there are no big stacks at the table or if the low stacks/sss players are more, leave the table.
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      So far about 2000 hands in, i am 20USD up with SSS.
    • fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      Hey you sss guys,keep at it.you may be just experiencing a bit of a down swing so dont worry to much,about stealing,i would always steal when in late position from cut off into tight players in blinds or button as long as there are no limpers,if reraised just fold it,try it a couple of times and if you keep getting reraised dont bother.take notes on players and watch what cards they are playing,alot of bad players at micro limits but pick your spots.dont try and get to smart.cheers-fordz
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      you can use elephant trial until getting the 1000 sp ( i'm still on this stage )

about the hands, against an unknown you just can't fold JJ or AK while shortstacking, you just can't. even with stats or playing other thing you may run with QQ against the pfr 40 guy having aces, so there's nothing to do.

about SSS being not profitable, i don't know about that because i have just like 10k hands making like $70, but it's that big of a sample size.