Different strategy when really Big stack?

• toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      Hello, I´d like ask the forum a question. Do you think that we should or can change our strategy when we have like 3 buy ins in our stack or we should play the same strategy? I mean, in a NL25 my strategy should be different if I have 25 dolars in the table from when I have 75 dolars in the table?
  • 5 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I would leave the table
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      No I dont think so. Do you play the SSS strategy or?

I always plays the same game, 1 BI or 3 BI at the table. But actually I do leave between 2 and 3 BI couse I become more loose and that is not my game atm. :D
    • toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      I play BSS. I like the answer, live the table lol
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by toltec444
      Hello, I´d like ask the forum a question. Do you think that we should or can change our strategy when we have like 3 buy ins in our stack or we should play the same strategy? I mean, in a NL25 my strategy should be different if I have 25 dolars in the table from when I have 75 dolars in the table?
      Depends on how big other player have on table and what kind of players they are. I mean if noone of them have more than 30$ on table your effective stack is 30$ until someone of BBS players double up;)

Is like this on NL25. 10 players 9 are SSS with 5$ and you are only BSS with 25$. Your effective stack is 5$ here until someone else have more but if is true SSS will leave anyway or play monster(KK, AA).

So depends on:
      -how much stack other have,
      -what kinda players are those with bigger stack as you
      -how you fell like playing with 250BB+.

For example on one NL5 table i came and one fish made in 20hands from 5$ to 25$(i even once stack him :( ). After 45min. he rebought and i had 28$ on table :D I played on since the second biggest stack was 7$ ;) until i took a break ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by toltec444
      I play BSS. I like the answer, live the table lol
      Leaving the table is fine especially if you are OOP to a decent player with a jumbo-stack.

If you have position on a deep-stacked fish however you can loosen-up when the fish has entered the pot. You have greater implied odds than normal and against many opponents you will also enjoy increased fold-equity.