This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Different strategy when really Big stack?

• toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      Hello, I´d like ask the forum a question. Do you think that we should or can change our strategy when we have like 3 buy ins in our stack or we should play the same strategy? I mean, in a NL25 my strategy should be different if I have 25 dolars in the table from when I have 75 dolars in the table?
  • 5 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I would leave the table
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      No I dont think so. Do you play the SSS strategy or?

I always plays the same game, 1 BI or 3 BI at the table. But actually I do leave between 2 and 3 BI couse I become more loose and that is not my game atm. :D
    • toltec444
      toltec444
      Bronze
      I play BSS. I like the answer, live the table lol
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by toltec444
      Hello, I´d like ask the forum a question. Do you think that we should or can change our strategy when we have like 3 buy ins in our stack or we should play the same strategy? I mean, in a NL25 my strategy should be different if I have 25 dolars in the table from when I have 75 dolars in the table?
      Depends on how big other player have on table and what kind of players they are. I mean if noone of them have more than 30$ on table your effective stack is 30$ until someone of BBS players double up;)

Is like this on NL25. 10 players 9 are SSS with 5$ and you are only BSS with 25$. Your effective stack is 5$ here until someone else have more but if is true SSS will leave anyway or play monster(KK, AA).

So depends on:
      -how much stack other have,
      -what kinda players are those with bigger stack as you
      -how you fell like playing with 250BB+.

For example on one NL5 table i came and one fish made in 20hands from 5$ to 25$(i even once stack him :( ). After 45min. he rebought and i had 28$ on table :D I played on since the second biggest stack was 7$ ;) until i took a break ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by toltec444
      I play BSS. I like the answer, live the table lol
      Leaving the table is fine especially if you are OOP to a decent player with a jumbo-stack.

If you have position on a deep-stacked fish however you can loosen-up when the fish has entered the pot. You have greater implied odds than normal and against many opponents you will also enjoy increased fold-equity.