This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Stat doubts on Fix Limit Tournaments

• Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have some questions about the use of stats on Fix limit tournaments.

- Which are the most interesting stats to show on HUD?
      - Which are the recommended values for a TAG?
      - How to recognize the different villains attending to their stats?
      - How many hands need the stats to be trustfull on each case?

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.
  • 4 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Unfortunately I am a big fish when it comes to fixed limit. Therefore I can't really help you with your request.

However, I will try to get some feedback from one of our fixed limit experts and will report back afterwards.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Reporting in :)

None of the stats will converge in a single tournament however Fixed Limit tournaments play quite close to cash game up until the end and even then there are some liberties (but it';s pretty much equity pushing)

Interesting stats

C-bet by Street
      Let's you know if he's checking back in areas he shouldn't..i.e. flop, for a cash game you'd be looking at something like 95/70/70-ish, tourney not so sure

Fold BB to Steal
      Let's you know how easy it is to steal, anything over 35 is too high..basded on what I've seen of FL tournies I wouldn't be surprised if many players had this stat over 50

Fold to C-Bet By Street
      Let's you know how easy it is to barrell your opponent off hands (Alpha dicates this be something like 20/30/20) so if you see a flop fold/turn fold stat of 40 you know you have an automatically profitable c-bet on any flop but have to be wary as his continuing range will be strong

Then you've got the standard VPIP/PFR/3BET/WTSD/AFreq but they're not interesting

TAG Stats

32/23 is pretty much standard TAG these days in LHE cash games. Anything under 28/20 is pretty nitty

Recognizing Villains

Like you would in NL

Calling station: High VPIP, Low PFR, Low Afreq
      Maniac: High VPIP, High PFR, High AFreq
      Nit: Low VPIP, Low PFR, High Afreq, Low Def BB (Due to stronger range)
      TAG: Good stats
      LAG: Good stats but higher than TAG resulting in potentially lower Afreq

Other: Have a big gap between PFR and VPIP (like 40/17).

# of Hands needed

General Idea is 100's for general Preflop stats and 1000's for anything specific and 10,000 for hyper specific.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Thx Boomer :heart:
    • Vigpoe
      Vigpoe
      Bronze
      Help me very much Boomer. You helped me a lot.