Software with poker770

• sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Does anyone have a link to which software are acceptable to use with poker770?

A couple programs I'm interested in.

Holdem Manager 2
      ICM Trainer
      Equilab
      PokerStove

Is it legal to use these programs along side their poker rooms? I contacted their customer support and they said they do not support them, When asked repeatedly they would not answer if it was illegal to use them or not with their client, Simply that they do not support 3rd party software.

Is that a yes? I can use all those programs, or a no, I'm not allowed too. It sounds like a yes, but they do not give technical support for 3rd party software.
  • 8 replies
    • godfather2007
      godfather2007
      Bronze
      I have used Holdem Manager 2 on that site with no problem.
      What do ICM Trainer and Equilab have to do with the poker770 software? You use them separately.
      I haven't used PokerStove.
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by godfather2007
      I have used Holdem Manager 2 on that site with no problem.
      What do ICM Trainer and Equilab have to do with the poker770 software? You use them separately.
      I haven't used PokerStove.
      i"m not sure, but when i downloaded ICM Trainer it said

Disclaimer

You may not use the ICM Trainer while running a poker client issued by a poker room which explictly forbids the use of the ICM Trainer. Find out if you may use the ICM Trainer at the same time as the poker client by contacting your poker room.

The slider "Hero Edge in %" should be set to 0%, otherwise there might be erroneous results.
      So i'm just trying to get some sort of conformation that it's allowed on poker770.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, there...

Here are their terms and conditions:
      http://poker.770.com/en/terms-and-conditions

I gave a quick look, and found nothing forbidden.
      However, as a general rule, software that provides you hints on what cards to play are usually not allowed.

This clause may cover it:
      Artificial Intelligence
      4.1.8 You certify that you will not violate or attempt to violate or misconstrue in any way Poker770's security measures or to use an artificial intelligence. Should this be the case, Poker770 reserves the right to immediately cancel or block your client account, not to reimburse you the amount credited and to forbid your access to all other Internet sites, services or software that our corporation or its subsidiaries could offer.

This seems aimed at bots, but may include such programs as ICM Trainer.

If you are concerned about a possible ban then email their customer support, and ask them specifically about the software in question.

From your list, HM2 and Equilab are known to be OK, since they do not give you advice about a particular hand -- they only provide information about past occurrences.

To email their customer support, there is an online form

Regards,
      --VS
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Ok i've sent the following question to their technical support.

Hello, Is it against your policies to use any of the following 3rd party programs while playing on poker770

Holdem Manager 2
      Eqiulab
      PokerStove
      ICM Trainer

----

Let's see the response. Hopefully it's not vague, I don't know if i could've worded it better. :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      yeah, that should do it. :s_biggrin:

I would be interested to hear what they have to say.

Thanks,
      --VS
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      As soon as i get a response i'll let you know.
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Thank you for contacting Poker770.

In reply to your message, please be informed that we do not forbid the use of third party poker software as long as they do not affect the odds of the game, nor the equitable winning chances for players.

However, we invite you to take into consideration that they might sometimes affect the connection of your poker client and, in such case, we cannot refund the losses.

Note that there are forums and specialized websites that can offer you assistance on how you can run both Ipoker clients and third party poker software in the same time, with the best results.

Hoping that you found the information useful, we remain at your service for any further assistance you may have.

Kind regards,

Denise

------

There you have it, I believe that means i can use the software but it's not a yes or no answer.

we do not forbid the use of third party poker software as long as they do not affect the odds of the game, nor the equitable winning chances for players
      Technically, programs like holdem manager should be affecting the odds, giving you a higher % chance to win. Although being a good player can also affect the odds for example. I already know a lot of people who use it on this site so it should be legal but it's not a clear yes or no. Yes you can use holdem manager, or No you cant.

It could be saying "A program that alter's the cards outcome giving you more aces for example, or a better flop". It's not quite clear on that.

I want to invest time into a poker room, Since i've read forums about how poker770 can refuse players the ability to withdraw their money I'm trying to be as careful as possible.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by sc2zerker
      I'm trying to be as careful as possible.
      Always a good idea.

I have never had difficulty withdrawing money from any site I've played at ( 4 so far).

I send in my ID when required, and all goes smoothly.

I make sure that the copies I send are high-quality scans, and totally legible.

As far as the software goes, I don't think HM2 "alters the odds" since the program does not suggest what plays to make. It doesn't even give you more information -- it just records past events and presents the data to you.

ICM Trainer -- among others -- allows you to input the different stack sizes, your position and hole cards, and makes a recommendation. Thus, it is not *you* that makes the decision, but the software. That is what I think that they mean.

Best of luck,
      --VS