• sc2zerker
      limits you play

Freerolls on poker770
      (0.10c + 0.02c) SnG 6 max tables poker770
      1/2c cash 9man tables on pokerstars (pokerstar bank builder promo)

What experience Do I have?

10,000 hands(in the past 2 weeks). 2 weeks ago I knew absolutely nothing.

I do however have A LOT of experience with RTS(real-time strategy games) lol ;)

What is your motivation for playing poker?

Money, Time Sink, and Enjoyment.

What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Lack of knowledge, I've been playing the game for 2 weeks.

What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

To play with a small hand range. To raise and bet the correct amount according to the situation, to call less often.
  • 7 replies
    • legand73
      Hey sc2erker

Glad you found your way over here. Welcome to the course and I hope you enjoy it. Bogdan will be by in the coming days to check your homework
    • sc2zerker
      Thanks for the post, I eagerly await my trainer :)
    • BogdanPS
      Originally posted by sc2zerker
      Thanks for the post, I eagerly await my trainer :)
      Hello sc2zerker,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Good job with the first homework.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

PS: I see your nickname is SC2 related. I too love that game :)
    • sc2zerker
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Almost all calls on the SHC can be altered depending on your opponent's stats even more so if you are using a program like HM2

You could play your QQ a bit more passively, if someone All-In's you, You might want to consider a fold depending on the person's stats and how much information you have on them.

All players folded: 99-22 limp-in and call, don't raise unless on SB and sometimes late position. The goal here is to go in with min chips so you can try to hit a set.

All players foled: SB Position, You can have an extremely wide range here and stealing BB is profitable

All players folded: AJ and AT can be folded in Mp1-Mp2

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

What kind of range can you use to call a 3-bet? Should it be AA, KK?

1) You have no information on your opponent

2) You have little information on you opponent
      (20+ hands)
      1) hes loose(40+VPIP?)
      2) hes tight.

What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo

Equilab tells me you would have 46.32%

PSS, Glad to hear it. I played a that game to death and im looking for something different :)
    • BogdanPS
      Hi sc2zerker

Good work with the homework.

RE Q2:

When deciding to call a 3-bet a lot of factors should be taken into account (and you always have some information).

For example you know the positions and stack sizes.

If you are in a steal/resteal spot your ranges will be wider than let's say UTG vs BB.

So ideally you want to call hands that play well versus whatever you think the opponents range is. AA/KK should be 4-bet by default rather than called.
    • sc2zerker
      Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53?

K :spade: Q :spade: vs 3 :diamond: 3 :club:

K :spade: Q :spade: vs 3 :diamond: 3 :club: post-flop J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade:

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:

UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.
      Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.
      Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

I would consider the situation first with the information I have and the time limit given to me.

What I know

- I have a nut flush draw having an AcJc
      - 9 clubs are left, giving me a 16% to hit a nut flush
      - No aces or jacks, giving me 12% chance to hit a top pair on river.
      -In total i have a 28% chance of hitting something
      - Opponent called pre-flop, I would place him on a range 22+, KQ+, AT+ for my limit.
      -I need to invested 25+22 = 47c, I need to call or raise to stay in the game giving me 1:2 pot odds 33%+

I would call and hope to improve my hand since I have a lot of outs, The odds are 1:2 giving me a call range of 33% and i have 28% chance to hit a hand. 16% to hit a nut flush. If i hit a nut flush I can count implied odds giving me a huge pay off/ if i hit a top pair i can represent a strong hand but not call an all-in or very large raise representing a straight.

1)hit flush go for value

2)hit a top pair, either a)small bet vs aggresive opponent, or b)check vs passive opponent

a) aggresive opponent will call and pay me off more or re-raising telling me he most likely has a set or straight.

b)check vs a passive who will check back unless he has s straight most likely, then fold. This saves me money i dont have to bet on a top pair.

3) hit nothing, check/fold

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

In equilab, Post-flop. Is the equity the % we should be raising/calling @? Or does it just tell us how far/behind we are for hand strength. I thought we make our decisions on the rule of 4 and 2 + our guess on implied odds.

Is equity = rule 4+2+implied odds? or is it the strength of our hand vs our opponents given range per scenerio telling us if we should raise/call/fold to the pot odds. Thanks!
    • BogdanPS
      Hi sc2zerker

Good job with the homework.

Well done on question #2. Your explanation is detailed and very good !!!

For #3: I'm not sure I understand your question.

The % you get in equilab is your equity should you see all the remaining cards and get to showdown.

So for example when you run it on the flop it assumes you see a turn and a river.