Confused by ROI on different sng types.

• Saka000
      Saka000
      Bronze
      Okey,lets say we have 10% ROI on any tournament and sng format possible.

1.Is it better to play 9man differ to lets say 18man? I think it is because you will get more money playing more tournaments,right?
  • 6 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      10% roi at 18 is more than 10% at 9 man because of the payout structure.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maythany
      No it's not, we make the same amount of money pr. tournament when we have the same ROI, but because it's possible to play more 9 man's/hour we have a higher hourly in 9 man's.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Originally posted by maythany
      Wait, what??

If your buying in for $10 to play a 9man and the same for a 18man, if you have 10% ROI at both then you're winning the same amount.

You see, "ROI = profit / investment * 100", profit being "total winnings - investment".

The ROI is dependent on profit and investment, and it is not specific to poker at all. It demonstrates the percentage of return in money of the money invested.

So if you play 100 games of 9man $10, a total of $1000 investment, and if you win $100 (net winnings), then your ROI is going to be 10%. The same would go for any game format.

- What matters is money invested and money won. Not prize structure at all.
    • Saka000
      Saka000
      Bronze
      I agree with cryoburn and JCSeerup.

And what is with MTTs?? If you have 10% in them they can long for hours!! where is there profit!? i do not understand.
      i would be pleased if someone from top pokerstrategist give us opinion.

So in the end it is the best to play sngs hyper,am i right?
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Originally posted by Saka000
      I agree with cryoburn and JCSeerup.

And what is with MTTs?? If you have 10% in them they can long for hours!! where is there profit!? i do not understand.
      i would be pleased if someone from top pokerstrategist give us opinion.

So in the end it is the best to play sngs hyper,am i right?
      The error in your logic is that you assume if you can get x% ROI in MTTs, you can get the same ROI in 6max hypers.

Bigger Fields and slower structure SNGs / MTTs have bigger ROI possible, but you cannot put much volume in because of the time commitment per tournament.

Smaller Fields and faster SNGs / MTTs have lower ROI possible, but you can play more per hour since they last way less.

It is all a balance act between volume and attainable ROI.

------------
    • Saka000
      Saka000
      Bronze
      Aham,good point! :)
      thank you! :heart: