[NL2-NL10] NL 200: another tough decision with AK

• teslasecretweapon
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($335.10)
      MP1 ($40)
      MP2 ($203)
      Hero (CO) ($31)
      Button ($203.65)
      SB ($117)
      BB ($51.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K
      3 folds, Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($15) 7, Q, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $10, BB raises to $20, Hero folds

Total pot: $35 | Rake: $1.75

Results in white below:
      BB didn't show
      Outcome: BB won $33.25

I have no reads/stats on my oponent.
      Was this fold ok?
      I was stacked few times in this same sesion with AK when i also missed the flop so I decidedto fold. Should I push becouse of fold equity/pot odds?
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      I'm assuming that the average NL200 opponent is pretty decent and won't want to play the shorty with absolute trash unless he thinks your stealing too much with ATC. You are in CO so maybe this is his way of defending his blinds...

Of course if i were in the same situation i would be sad that i couldn't just push flop first in.

I would fold here too thinking that often villain will be making a raise with a pair and an Ace kicker often in this situation, discounting our outs enough to make a call unprofitable.

You are getting like 4 to 1 pot odds though... Very good price. I could well be wrong here (I play NL100 :) )
    • harleytopper
      I doubt you have any FE because he needs to add 4$ to call your all-in bet. His pot odds to call will be something like 12:1 with 2 cards to come.
    • ysessa
      No way to fold here you just need 22% remaining equity 2 overcards backdoor flush easy call. Should be a standard bet call spot on nl200.
    • teslasecretweapon
      I used equilator for some calculation, and it showed me that I made a prety huge mistake hire- I get proper pot odds to call eaven if my oponent holds a pocket pair or if the board paired him, especialy if vilain is on a flush drow.
      My question here is if it is better to push directly first in on the flop for biger FE, becouse if we are raised we call anyway?