sizings in 4bet pots

• sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Bronze
      Hi, I saw in few videos that coach 4bet and he cb around 1/3 (both as a bluff and for value) and says its standard sizing in 4b pot. Im talking about 100bb spots.
      They did it both on wet and dry boards.
      So my question is why is it standard, good play?
      Isnt it better to bet 1/2 and shove turns when board is wet or we have overpair like TT?
      Or when we bluff, wouldnt it work better to bet, shove?
  • 4 replies
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      ill take a stab at this.

on dry boards, when we bet 1/3 pot he will only continue with something that has us beat or he will spazz out and shove with worse.

so him folding most of the time shows immediate profit with 1/3 pot cbet.

we can also cbet 1/3 and rep something strong by shoving blank turns and get a fold from stubborn hands that decided to peel flop.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      There may be some similar stuff on here, but there is a pretty good Leakbuster video on youtube called 4 bet bluffing made easy. It goes over a lot of 3/4/5 bet stuff, and breaks down some of the math stuff. worth checking out.
    • sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Bronze
      grinder:
      dont you think that he will call to 1/2 as well, I mean most regs that call those 4bets with best broadways and slowplays will probably call with Ahigh anyway cause he will talk to himself that he did not call 4b to fold two overs with ace on J high flop.
      And when villain is reg that likes to "outplay this 4better" and calls 4bets with 78s and stuff then he will probably find a way to give me money regardless of my 1/2 or 1/3 sizing.
      Both way I have more money either when I bluff or bet for value.
      But its just my theory and Id like to hear others thought about it.

Doom:
      thank you, but I dont watch too many videos lately (only from really good sources and I think youtube is far away from good source (but its also only mine theory)).
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      try to look at it this way, if he folds to 1/3 bet sizing then he will definitely fold to 1/2 sizing. you just save more money if he folds but gives you a good stack size when you try to shove the turn.