How to Deal with TILT?

• weezyh
      weezyh
      Bronze
      Hello i never thought it could happpen to me but in a past few days after being bad beat so many times when you favorite to win totally changed my mind and confidience a bad way . I started to 4bet bluff w air hands when its obvious op has top pair , fish all streets all kind of non sense shit. I would like someone to share their thoughts how to deal with TILT. Thank you .
  • 7 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      I thing the first thing is to learn to recognise tilt.

See when it happen and then you can deal with it. You can then think "ok I am not playing my game anymore", slap yourself in the face and wake up and get back on track. Or you can end your session and resume later, either way if you only realize your tilting after your session it's to late to deal with it
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      Find the reason why you tilt.
      If it is runbad, research on variance and samplesizes
    • Glopslart
      Glopslart
      Silver
      Hurl computer through living-room window. This best done in 16th floor apartment, for max effect.

Strip naked, walk through main shopping mall where you live, howling.

Punch out strangers, for zero reason: for best effect, YOU MUST KEEP SMILING.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Originally posted by Glopslart
      Hurl computer through living-room window. This best done in 16th floor apartment, for max effect.

Strip naked, walk through main shopping mall where you live, howling.

Punch out strangers, for zero reason: for best effect, YOU MUST KEEP SMILING.
      smiling is definitely crucial here, but its a little known secret that for the absolute best results you should also be vigorously fapping at all times.

good luck
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Make a mental note of the emotion you feel when running bad, maybe not playing optimally, and compare it to how you feel when relaxed and playing well. Soon as you run bad, or feel that emotion again resist it n' just focus on whether it was a +EV decision, having rough percentages of the spot in your head, keep asking yourself questions like "did you stack off too light vs said villain?" Looking at their stats, etc etc. Just keep your mind busy less with the emotion and more on what you can control, and whether it was a profitable decision long term.

Hope it helps!

Paul
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      like this

• weezyh
      weezyh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      Make a mental note of the emotion you feel when running bad, maybe not playing optimally, and compare it to how you feel when relaxed and playing well. Soon as you run bad, or feel that emotion again resist it n' just focus on whether it was a +EV decision, having rough percentages of the spot in your head, keep asking yourself questions like "did you stack off too light vs said villain?" Looking at their stats, etc etc. Just keep your mind busy less with the emotion and more on what you can control, and whether it was a profitable decision long term.

Hope it helps!

Paul
      I found my old few papers where i have written about different strategies vs diff villains it helped me back then get focus and selfconfident. In a i remember most of it stays in the head helped my game improve and keep it balance. Today +EV i was running good not much bad beats went getting back to the game. .
      My mental game might been based on emotion i always thinking about everything whole day few days untill i figure out what to do whats the best decision all kind of minds in the head all the time it might get me disturbet but poker makes it a little like go in a relax mode.

Thanks for your advice .

Did anyone have different opinion how to deal with it ?