$50 to $1400

• Vincey101
      Vincey101
      Bronze
      Played $11 buyin mtt, finished 1st winning $828
      3 days later i played
      $26 mtt, finished 5th, winning $650
      in the $26, i had QQ preflop, the SB raises, i went to push, accidentally minraised, he calls, flop A,6,4.. he pushes my remainder. i call, he shows J4, turn a 2, river a 4..
      DONK!!!

anyways thats my success.
  • 9 replies
    • MrSvingKing
      MrSvingKing
      Bronze
      WP :)

And gratz on the results.
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vincey101
      3 days later i played
      in the $26, i had QQ preflop, the SB raises, i went to push, accidentally minraised, he calls, flop A,6,4.. he pushes my remainder. i call, he shows J4, turn a 2, river a 4..
      DONK!!!

anyways thats my success.
      you were very lucky even if you play great every MTT there are lot of coinflips which you have to win in order to get ITM.

playing 11 buyin MTTs with 50 bankroll is very bad idea

but gz on that winings, know from my own experience it is grat feeling ;)
    • Vincey101
      Vincey101
      Bronze
      just to add, u were saying alot of coin flips to get itm? you are actually quite wrong, for number one, u say ALOT of coin flips, i played extremely tight, whenever i had my chips in the middle, i was more than enough certain that i had the best, i avoided many beats i believe, i played very well, i have never played a Buyin tournament over $5, that was my first time, i managed to hit 2 ft's in 3 days... i find it more skill! dont get me wrong, i did have luck, i was running very well.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      just to add, u were saying alot of coin flips to get itm? you are actually quite wrong, for number one, u say ALOT of coin flips, i played extremely tight, whenever i had my chips in the middle, i was more than enough certain that i had the best, i avoided many beats i believe, i played very well, i have never played a Buyin tournament over $5, that was my first time, i managed to hit 2 ft's in 3 days... i find it more skill! dont get me wrong, i did have luck, i was running very well.
      i think you are misunderstanding him.

lets say you have KK. you shove all in. you get called.
      against Ax you are an 80/20 favorite or thereabouts, against anything lower you are 90/10. against a lower pocket you are 30/70.

so, lets say a lower pocket calls you every time.

that means that on the first one you have a 70/30 chance, and on the 2nd one, 70/30 again.

however the chance of you winning both of them in a row is 40% of 70%.
      30% all up.

i realise these are not the right numbers, but you get the point. the chances of you winning 10 x 20/80's in a row(you would need to win at least 10 hands to win a MTT) is very very low
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Semesa
      i think you are misunderstanding him.

lets say you have KK. you shove all in. you get called.
      against Ax you are an 80/20 favorite or thereabouts, against anything lower you are 90/10. against a lower pocket you are 30/70.

so, lets say a lower pocket calls you every time.

that means that on the first one you have a 70/30 chance, and on the 2nd one, 70/30 again.

however the chance of you winning both of them in a row is 40% of 70%.
      30% all up.

i realise these are not the right numbers, but you get the point. the chances of you winning 10 x 20/80's in a row(you would need to win at least 10 hands to win a MTT) is very very low

Exactly my point.

In cash games if you win 4 times and then lose 1 time in this situation, you are 3 buy ins plus. In tourney in same case you have nothing :)
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      Firstly congratulations. Secondly: bankroll management.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      BR management
      Um, he didn't say "I got my $50 and started playing $11 mtts, now its $1400, whats wrong with the rest of you?"
      $50 simply marks the start of the road, and I doubt $1400 is the end...
      At some point your BR supports a larger buyin, and you get a "1st time" at a higher limit. Like the others have pointed out, it is against the odds so to speak that you will cash first place, in your first big money mtt. Playing poker is all about beating the odds. Sounds like you did just that. Well played.
      PS - only 5th in the second tourney? yer not that lucky, better keep practicing :D
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      3 days later i played
      Actually he did say he started with $50 then bought in with $11.
      50-11=39+828=867
      867-26+650= $1491.00

But then he said
      i have never played a Buyin tournament over $5, that was my first time, i managed to hit 2 ft's in 3 days...
      So I guess the real question is: did you follow BRM?

:D
      I don't know why I am being so critical today I am usually a nice person. Either way, congratulations on your victories you deserve it.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      As You can see Vincey is gold so he played more than 2 turneys

On the other site if he have only 1400$ he is losing his money realy fast :D

To Vincey101: Congratz and gl in future