My "HT 6-max Satellites" Blog

• rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      About me:

Hi everyone my name is Aaron and i live in Perth, Western Australia.
      I'm currently 20 soon to be 21 in a few months and i am midway into a Commerce Marketing degree. I work part-time 5 days a week and hope to earn a side income from poker!
      I first got started playing poker when i was about 15, where myself and 3 mates started having some home games every couple of months for a $5 - $15 buy-in. We were all terrible but had heaps of fun! :D

I started to play online when i was 17, made an account under one of my parents names. Basically was only playing cash tables at the time and had no idea at all what i was doing... I was terrible haha.
      Anyway once i turned 18 i made my own accounts, but always put micro volume in though. Have been a losing player ever since... UNTIL NOW! (hopefully) :D

*Edit*
      I've changed my mind on these 180's and instead have decided that i will be playing 6-max hyper turbo satellites.

I've finally decided to stop being a tilting donk and start learning properly. I have always loved playing SNG's, so that's what i am going to be playing. 180 man to be precise. Up until 1 month ago I had no experience in playing these, but recently one of my poker friends has been teaching me a few basics about the game and i've found them very interesting. My favorite games were 6-max turbo SNG but with my small volume i decided these 180s would be best.
      I am not expecting to be posting updates daily, most likely only once or twice a week mainly because my volume is not going to be high. Having work 5 days a week (not full days though), and uni 2 times a week i have a couple of dedicated nights where i can play some 6 hr sessions.

I started playing these $2.5 180s about 1 week ago, i had about $20 in my PS account (not the most ideal BR :P ) and this is my graph for them so far:

Had a pretty fortunate start at the very beginning! :D
      You can already see how low my volume is. Though at the moment this is because i find it hard to multi table 6+ tables. Infact the first night when i was playing i was only 4 tabling lol. This will be one of my main goals to achieve 10+ multi tabling hopefully.

Current Bankroll:
      $212.78

My Goals:
      :diamond: Get BR to $500
      :diamond: Set up my HUD - And actually understand what it all means
      :diamond: 25 games per day
      :diamond: Post HH for analysis (Hopefully it won't make me look too stupid!)

I would appreciate if anyone could give me advice on what HUD stats you use / you recommend for me to use.
      Hopefully some time down the track i can afford to get a bit of coaching done too.
  • 21 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey Aaron,

Nice to see you've started a blog! 180mans are a great format to play, and I really enjoy playing them myself. Not really playing them anymore nowadays, but they're great :)

We actually have a 180man coaching right now. You may miss it (unless you're already watching it!), but it's being hosted every Tuesday evening. Just check out our coaching page for more details: Coaching

Also, you can always ask any questions regarding strategies and concepts in our MTT strategy forum: MTT Strategy forum

Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hi Tino thanks for letting me know about that i managed to watch the last 30 minutes of it! :) Will make sure i watch it each week! cheers
    • kikopego93
      kikopego93
      Bronze
      Hello Aaron! As you know I´ve moved to that games sometime ago and I´m playing them all days except sunday. I suggest that in your first steps whatch the PokerStrategy coach session. You can also see movies from collin moshman and hotjenny314. They will let you know about alot of things happening in this format...
      I hope you can have good results in this games, if all the others reg´s can, you can too!

You should also use ICMizer to learn the push/fold ranges and the ICM +EV$!

If you need anything you know where you can find me! Good luck to you!

Will be playing in 8/9hs, hope to see you in a final table! :s_biggrin:
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hey man thanks for the tips! Just started watching some of the videos from collin they're fantastic!
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Well it has been quite an interesting day today. Didn't get much volume in my 180s yesterday decided just to go to bed quite early, but here is the new graph anyway.

Didn't have much luck, 3x FT with 2 9th places and 1x 5th for $25ish (some reason pt4 didn't add that in)

ANYWAY, TO THE GOOD NEWS!!!

So i was searching through some hyper formats today and found a structure that i really liked (6max). So decided to give it a shot and see how i went. Started off running super well so decided to continue playing for a while. So here's my graph for the day of the hypers.

Pretty stoked! :D
      Decided im going to mix it up and play these as well as my 180s.

Bankroll now at:
      $273.11
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      So today i have only been playing the 6max hypers and this is the new total graph for them:

Got some advice that i should find a lower buyin for these as i don't have a big enough BR to play these so i'll be looking for a lower buyin tomorrow if i have time to start playing.

Always nice to unlock these. Which is actually probably like the 2nd time i have ever unlocked one before due to my micro volume.

Bankroll now at:
      $302.31
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Well i have decided that im going to only be playing these hyper games and no longer play my 180man sng's.
      Might start a new blog just for hypers so theres no confusion. (Though not like anyone is even reading this! LOL!)
      Decided ill stay at these buyins and just have an aggressive BRM.

Here is my graph for the 6max hypers. Pretty happy with how its been going so far. :)

Bankroll now at:
      $346.37
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey mate,

I've had samples in the $3.75s before but tbh they are so frustrating! Be prepared for unimaginable variance!

What BI's are you hoping to play?
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Thanks for the heads up! Honestly i can't imagine what it will be like yet, i have to stop playing after i have a 6BI losing streak haha... 20BB+ downswing will kill me i think lol. And obviously im not getting any hopes up yet with only a 500 game sample.
      Well currently im only playing those $3.75 but not looking to change buyins anytime soon regardless of BR, (unless i go down $). I'm very new to these hypers so trying to learn as much as i can first. :)
      Still finding myself in lots of spots where i have no clue what i am meant to do.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      You will be surprised at the amount of regs playing in those games. You can be guaranteed at least 1 or 2 solid guys all day long. However, they're are plenty of fish out there as well - you will come to know them very soon. Guys who limp into pots etc.
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Yea i have noticed 2 regs in particular who are always playing right when i start my sessions at night time. I've sort of changed my schedule as ive found there are wayyyy more fish during the morning, although that doesn't necessarily mean it will be any easier. Probably just more tilting when they snap call with Q5o and hit! :P

Anyway, im still putting in pretty small volume for these, but having a tonne of fun playing :)
      Very happy so far, small and steady steps.

Still have a long way to go, but at the moment my biggest leak is my 3 handed play. Still making some errors in calling/shoving when im chip leader / short stack, hopefully i can find a good coaching video to help me out with this.

Thought i would post this and just ask if this looks semi normal?
      My 4th and 5th placings look relatively high, but i don't know whats standard with these hypers so would appreciate some comments.

Bankroll now at:
      $375.30
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      good luck and see you at my tables. Sometimes I have other 4 regs at my table :( . I have positive ROI but there are bad days when I lost 200$
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Haven't played any hypers since my last post, i have been looking after a family friends house and only had my laptop with me and im not comfortable multi tabling on such a small screen.
      But anyway on a side note i decided that i would play some games on fulltilt, including some sng hu hypers, 6max hypers and some small mtt's. And things went pretty well for me.
      Took down my first ever mtt, even though it was u200 player field, still felt amazing, and then came 4th the following night in the same mtt. :D

So 1 entire month has passed since i started to play so here's my total graph for all game types with PS and FTP.

Obviously my most profitable month ever playing. Let's hope it can only go up! :P
      I'm not sure why my graph shows im at $640 profit but the box says $550. Is that taking rake out or something? Pretty new to using pt4

Pokerstars Bankroll now at:
      $403.46

Fulltilt Bankroll now at:
      $432.87
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Nice!
    • Zupek7
      Zupek7
      Bronze
      Hey man, are u still playing this satelites ? Cause I also trying to crush them ;) . If u r interested in any cooperation, I mean if u want to learn it together or something, send PM to me or write here ;) .
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hi man, yes i am still playing these but recently been concentrating on my mtt games. Would be great to have chat about these satellite games i have a lot of learning to do still.

Anyway here is my overall graph for the $3.75 Satellites

Had a pretty sick upswing followed by my first proper downer ;(
      To some more good news, i started playing some 6-max 36man Hyper Shootouts for Sunday Million and well, it went quite well!

Sickest part of it all was i have had 3 games where i was HU with opponent down to under 2bb only for them to comeback and win it :(
      Latest game was AK vs A2 , A8 vs K8 and then K4 vs Q4 only for him to hit every single time. Trying not to tilt over it, but its a decent amount of money for me so ofc it hurts to see that happen.

Bankroll now at:
      $655.56
    • Zupek7
      Zupek7
      Bronze
      Add me to friends at pokerstrategy. Do you have skype? If yes, try to add[Edited by HollyMichelle] I have picture with Stewie Grifiin

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43369/1135029-0000034668_20061021010455.jpg
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Zupek,

Please use community tool for Skype address exchange here in the English Community.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Well i thought i would put a little achievement update up here for myself. As of yesterday we cracked the $1000 BR mark! :) Although now we've dropped a bit under it. But honestly never thought i could achieve this so im feeling fantastic.

$3.75 Sunday Storm Satellites

My shootout games have been going so well for me so far and i feel like my hu game has been my strongest point. I will be looking at playing some smaller buyins for these as i know i took a gamble when i start to play these when i had less than $300 BR and i know the dry runs in these especially can be massive!

$7.25 Sunday Million Shootout Satellites

I have also been playing some Push or Fold cash games on 888 poker where you basically buyin with only 5BB. I have read lots of feedback on these games, mostly negative which i can understand as most of the time players are calling and shoving with any 2 cards, and people talking about lots of collusion etc. But i thought i would give it a try as they are somewhat similar to these hyper games.

25c/50c - 50c/$1 - $1/$2 Push or Fold cash games