Raised in 3 bet pots

• Kairoc
      Kairoc
      Bronze
      When you 3 bet IP or OOP and are raised on the flop or turn when holding an overpair or TPTK, what conditions are you considering if you are going to fold, call or go all in. Assume you are readless and the opponent is full stacked.
  • 5 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      TPTK is always a relative strength hand, and depends on board texture. There is a huge difference between like AhKh on Ac2h4d vs Ah5h on 5c3c3d.

You gotta watch out for the 3b pot set miners though. Some people just call any pocket pair to a 3bet whether IP or OOP. It's so bad but they just remember the times when they got paid off with the set and keep doing it because the feeling of stacking someone every once in a while makes them feel its +EV when actually they lose more in the times they just check/fold, and when they pay off higher sets. Against these guys if they only raise sets just fold when they raise.
    • Kairoc
      Kairoc
      Bronze
      I agree it's fairly easy to fold 1 pair hands to people who you know set mine in 3 bet pots or have low aggression factor, but what do you do vs people who are unknown to you, or even fishy.

Examples: 1. full stack button raises, you 3 bet AA in sb, button calls.

Flop K96 2 diamonds, you bet 1/2 pot and he raises 2.5-3x.

2. 60 bb fish raises MP you raise on the button with AA, flop comes 4-5-7 2 clubs, he checks you bet and he raises/ or goes all in.

3. same situation but full stack calls with 0 reads, or for the sake of it pretend hes a regular playing 22/19/50% fold to 3b.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I don't understand, your actually considering folding overpairs in those scanarios?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      1) call call call
      2) shove over
      3) player dependant. i feel like in lower limits people regs are usually just too nutted there, so i might actually fold though it's a gto disaster.
    • Kairoc
      Kairoc
      Bronze
      Well currently I play Nl 25 zoom and nl 20 anonymous tables on microgaming and in 3 bet pots when raised I found im generally behind or 50 /50 at best. Occasionally villains show up with something random like missed PP or ace high, but I usually see them with a set/2pair or big combo draw.

Usually I just never folded overpairs in these spots but was asking for your opinions because I am losing money in these spots by generally not folding in 3 bet pots.